You are not logged in.

#26 2014-11-07 13:59:58

tazik

Re: grub install problem

With this interpretation , I have to fresh installs both of them (arch and windows) and create new partition with gdisk.
and try again

#27 2014-11-07 14:53:57

thearcherblog

No, you should not do it. At least that I know.

Just boot with your CD on UEFI mode, recreate the partitions (not the windows ones). Install the bootloader and configure the UEFI to boot on that. After that setup the proper entry to be able to boot on Windows or Linux.

Regards,

TheArcher

#28 2014-11-07 19:38:33

tazik

thearcherblog wrote:

No, you should not do it. At least that I know.

Just boot with your CD on UEFI mode, recreate the partitions (not the windows ones). Install the bootloader and configure the UEFI to boot on that. After that setup the proper entry to be able to boot on Windows or Linux.

Regards,

TheArcher

your idea is I delete sda5(root partition) and create again with gdisk and fresh install arch ?

#29 2014-11-10 07:42:22

thearcherblog

Sorry, I was away the whole weekend.

Yes, My idea is to recreate all the partitions (not the windows ones) with the GPT tool and install grub or gummiboot on the EFI partition to be able to boot and choose between Windows and Linux.

As I'm not expert at all, just newbie, I remember that in my case, when I installed Arch and Windows I kept two EFI partitions, one for Windows and one for Grub and was working fine but I do not know for sure if it's the best way.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

TheArcher

Board footer