You are not logged in.

#76 2014-11-30 16:16:15

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: The Arch Communities Mentality to Newcomers

CarlD wrote:

as betrayed by the very weak arguments and childish retorts posted. I suspect that no-one but the fanboys are buying into them...
I genuinely hope that you and the other socially-inept members of this community become familiar with the latter concept at some point... as much for your own benefit as the poor saps who cross your paths.

Learn how to make your point without posting insults: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … ther_Users

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#77 2014-11-30 16:52:34

Awebb

karol wrote:
Awebb wrote:

But you do understand, that the G+ group is just a fan club and not an official channel?

The person who announced https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=129923 is a dev. It says it's the official Arch G+ page.

Now that sucks a little. If it's official, then there should be a link on the home page. An ancient thread is a little thin as a permanent record.

#78 2014-11-30 17:04:40

Lone_Wolf

Trademark Policy#permitted use wrote:

there is no suggestion (through words or appearance) that your project is approved, sponsored, or affiliated with Arch Linux or its related projects unless it has been approved by and is accountable to the Arch Linux Project Lead

Sounds like we need a statement by our Arch OverLord, phrakture.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#79 2014-11-30 17:22:28

lestcape
Website

Awebb wrote:
lestcape wrote:
jasonwryan wrote:

Then please find somewhere else to work out your frustrations with the random people you encoutered on some other website that has nothing to do with this one.

I'm an Arch user, i need to be one, after G+. Not only Arch, also Fedora, Mint, Manjaro Antergos.... I have several linux distro installed. Also i need to say without not more help that the wiki... so thanks for the wiki. Is really well done. I never seen anything like it. What I speak it's about G+. so...

But you do understand, that the G+ group is just a fan club and not an official channel? The same applies to the reddit board, Diaspora groups, Facebook groups and whatever you can find that has no link on the home page.

Yes, of course that i understand, but when this happened, I did not know. What I try to do it's clarify the bad effect that currently G+ creates, with examples. Not more than that.

Board footer