You are not logged in.

#26 2015-06-30 13:13:55

TheGuyWithTheFace

Re: [SOLVED] [Plasma 5] Cannot connect to password-protected network.

Hmmm, actually it looks like we're not quite there yet. After going into suspend and coming back out, I am unable to connect to the network again, same issue as before with it getting stuck at "waiting for authorization". Once I disconnected and deleted the profile in NetworkManager settings, I was able to connect once more.

#27 2015-06-30 13:51:45

Awebb

I was hit by the same problem this morning, it cost me quite a few hours I'd otherwise spent more productively. A few observations:

- There are no network relevant services running.
- The problem exists not only inside a plasma session, but also X free in a TTY (nmtui, nmcli).
- It is not some spacequirk™ caused by a displaymanager like SDDM. I only mention it, because I once had to turn off SLiM to make wicd work.
- Upon disable and stop, NetworkManager leaves a wpa_supplicant.service behind, which seems to block wifi.
- We have the choice between either NM (which breaks from looking at it the wrong way) and no good GUI (but a working back end).

EDIT:
- After disabling and stopping the NetworkManager and wpa_supplicant services and manually checking, whether the device is down, starting netctl will result in the same complaint about a failed authentication. I have not found the cause so far, only a reboot fixes this.

Last edited by Awebb (2015-06-30 14:26:57)

#28 2015-07-08 09:56:08

kjans

I was able to fix the problem. It is kwallet related.

The kwallet daemon seems to die before it can give NM any secrets, so it fails by telling that no secrets were provided.
What seems to kill the daemon, is improper configuration, probably left from plasma4 installation.

It can be fixed by moving (or deleting) some configuration files like this:

mv .kde4/share/config/kwalletrc .kde4/share/config/kwalletrc.bak
mv .kde4/share/config/kwalletmanagerrc .kde4/share/config/kwalletmanagerrc.bak

After that, reboot and enjoy your working WIFI.

Basically, I copied the solution from this this thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=197376

#29 2015-07-28 13:31:30

TheGuyWithTheFace

Sorry for not responding in a while, I didn't get a chance to try your suggestion. Now that I finally have though, it works perfectly! Thanks to everyone for helping, especially kjans.

Board footer