You are not logged in.

#51 2015-12-31 16:12:23

alex_noums

Re: [CLOSED] Lenovo Yoga 900 trackpad not detected

ajbogh wrote:

I installed kernel 4.4-rc6 today and it still doesn't fix the touchpad issue. I decided to custom compile the fix again using rc6 but this time it complained about not having the right linux-headers package for dkms (Ubuntu, not arch). This confused me since I followed my instructions exactly to the letter.

At this point I've decided to fall back to rc5-custom again and wait for the next release. Does anyone know if someone will be fixing the touchpad and touchscreen issue soon? Can I buy that person a beer?

Hello I have compiled kernel 4.3 and it seems to work properly apart from known problem with sleep. Do you want to try my compiled kernel ?

Last edited by alex_noums (2015-12-31 16:12:45)

#52 2015-12-31 16:33:41

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [CLOSED] Lenovo Yoga 900 trackpad not detected

It looks like over 90% of the posts in this thread are from Ubuntu users discussing solutions that are not relevant for archlinux.  These are not the Ubuntu forums - go there.

My apologies to the OP and any archers who have contributed here.  If there is sufficient reason and a reasonable case is presented I might reopen this thread - but as it is it's a complete mess and likely to do more harm than good for arch users.  A request to reopen this thread should only come from the OP and only after they have installed xf86-input-synaptics as that is most likely the only needed solution to the problem presented by the OP (who has not yet returned to the thread as far as I can tell).  So this whole thread has basically been a flood of other-distro hijacking.

If there are issues other than the trackpad for this laptop, then any archlinux users facing those issues can open their own thread.  Any ubuntu users facing such issues should ask on their own forums.

Closed.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer