You are not logged in.

#26 2006-04-09 01:21:20

straydog

Re: Audio (SOLVED)

There was no output from running:

# modprobe snd-cs4236
# alsactl store

They did, however, run successfully. There was still no Multimedia entry when I ran lspci -v. Tried commenting out alsa stuff in modprobe. When I ran alsaconfig, it was restored. I uncommentd it again and rebooted. Still no sound. Started reading the suggested Mailing List archive post. This will take a bit of time to digest and my head is starting to hurt.

Thanks so much, again, for all the effort.  I've already left too much of my weekend chores for tomorrow. I'll keep plugging away and I'll get back to your kind requests and offerings as time permits.

Bill

#27 2006-05-01 02:27:11

straydog

Woohoo! Sound. I stumbled across this:

http://wael.nasreddine.com/Articles/Art … Linux.html

I didn't have alsa-utils or alsa-oss installed. I installed those and ran the commands in the Unmuting sound section and voila.

Thanks, all,
Bill

#28 2006-05-01 23:17:57

straydog

I should probably clarify. I recently reloaded this box after a Kubuntu Dapper trial. That explains why stuff I loaded earlier wasn't there. This time,I just ran across the link mentioned in my last post and it just worked this time. Note: it errored on setting the master control (not found), but it works (the pcm slider shows up in amixer). I don't get it!

Bill

Board footer