You are not logged in.

#26 2015-12-20 22:51:10

smirky
Member
From: Bulgaria
Registered: 2013-02-23
Posts: 270
Website

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

Plasma 5

Clean:
2015_12_21_00_46_08.jpg

Busy:
2015_12_21_00_45_51.jpg


Personal spot  ::  https://www.smirky.net/  ::  Try not to get lost!

Offline

#27 2015-12-21 01:31:53

ShadowKyogre
Member
From: Hell! XP No... I'm not telling
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 476
Website

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

Posting because I actually changed up my color scheme and wallpapers around. Still haven't figured out a conky setup that'd work with all of my wallpapers.

Running Compiz 0.8.x from git (I submitted some patches upstream):

Clean, expo:
KrD8peqOOTQBPLdc.png

Wallpapers (there's an unintentional warm to cold shift if you look closely):

---------------------------------------------------------

Real busy:
riIDebY18RTZDLk0.png

Running programs:

  • Panel: tint2-git

  • Browsers: Firefox, Chromium

  • Chat: Skype

  • Others: copyq, syncthing-gtk, kupfer, pidgin, volumeicon, chronoslnx

Yes, some of the censored stuff is just showing off the annotation plugin backports that I did recently.

---------------------------------------------------------


GTK3 and GTK2 theme in comparison:
lKMhEnYDsKX2TIvq.png

The GTK2 theme is a modified version of Dust TrueDark, the GTK3 theme was a handwritten port of the TrueDark theme.


For every problem, there is a solution that is:
Clean
Simple and most of all...wrong!
Github page

Offline

#28 2015-12-21 04:31:07

SANREMEMBER
Member
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 5

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

parchd wrote:

It is xfce4-panel, i am remove apllication menu from panel

Offline

#29 2015-12-21 05:23:51

danielgreve
Member
Registered: 2015-12-11
Posts: 11

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

Work in process setup.

bspwm + lemonbar-xft-git + python-powerline

http://imgur.com/a/J9dBS

Offline

#30 2015-12-21 07:38:41

woodape
Member
Registered: 2015-03-25
Posts: 151

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

danielgreve wrote:

Work in process setup.

bspwm + lemonbar-xft-git + python-powerline

http://imgur.com/a/J9dBS

This looks amazing!

Offline

#31 2015-12-21 18:46:44

Psirus
Member
Registered: 2012-01-29
Posts: 45

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

screenshot.jpg

Offline

#32 2015-12-24 11:10:15

Chazza
Wiki Maintainer
From: United Kingdom
Registered: 2013-06-02
Posts: 506

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

https://i.imgur.com/hKtCcfy.png

MWM with an XClock, stalonetray and XTerm. It's pretty basic but it works.

Edit: replace photobucket link with imgur link.

Last edited by Chazza (2017-09-08 22:01:15)

Offline

#33 2015-12-25 08:31:03

Paul-S
Member
From: Wales
Registered: 2008-02-04
Posts: 352

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

XMonad, Dzen

Click Me

Cheers
Paul-S

Offline

#34 2015-12-26 03:20:14

exidux
Member
From: Your screen.
Registered: 2014-09-19
Posts: 59

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

Clean :
822RhLGs.png

Fake Bussy :
SE6Lv9Es.png

The image thumbnails link to the full sized image.

- Icewm     : altered TigerGray theme
- GTK       :  Mint-X-17QF2-16PF3
- Terminal : Terminator
- icons      : super flat remix icon
- font        : leafpad is using a Chicago clone

Last edited by exidux (2015-12-26 03:35:20)

Offline

#35 2015-12-26 13:51:46

tolga9009
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2010-01-08
Posts: 61

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

After messing around with Plasma 5.5, which feels extremely unpolished btw., I've come back to GNOME. Here is my current setup:

Clean
5r9bd8b3.png

Busy
kez76rnb.png

- Arc-Darker Theme
- Hack Font
- Faience Icons
- Visual Studio inspired syntax highlighting
- And Lightning <3

Offline

#36 2015-12-27 05:05:06

supergeek800
Member
From: Lawton, OK
Registered: 2014-09-19
Posts: 31
Website

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

Cinnamon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cinnamon_zpsfdknijcq.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LightDM.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lightdm_zpsc53vtv7p.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was using MATE for a while, but I wanted to switch to something a little more modern, so I went to Cinnamon, also ditched LXDM for LightDM + the Unity greeter so as to have a little more flexibility to customize it. Theme in use for Cinnamon is a combination of Zorin8-Black for the taskbar and notifications with Zorin8-White for the GTK theme and malys-uniblue-dark icons, using the Window List With App Grouping and Sound with apps volume applets. I also got rid of the 'Menu' text on the start button. Wallpapers for the desktop and login screen, and the icons used for the 'orb' will be linked below.

Desktop wallpaper: http://euderion.deviantart.com/art/Its-a-377642358
Login screen: http://swmand4.deviantart.com/art/Galac … -459295081
Start 'orb': http://gabriela2400.deviantart.com/art/ … -175557586
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links to the full-res images.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cinnamon: http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy28 … yviokc.png
LightDM: http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy28 … zzezlo.png


PC: Arch Linux x64 | customized Cinnamon desktop | Latitude E6440 | Core i5-4310m | 16GB RAM | 500GB SSD | Das Model S Pro Soft Tactile keyboard | Logitech Trackman Marble trackball.
Audio: Sony STR-DH500 5.1ch AVR | Modified Koss Portapro headphones | Rockboxed Sansa Fuze | Realistic Minimus 11 front and rear satellite speakers + Minimus 7 center channel.

Offline

#37 2015-12-28 05:55:03

Terrowin
Member
Registered: 2015-05-26
Posts: 21

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

ShadowKyogre wrote:

Posting because I actually changed up my color scheme and wallpapers around. Still haven't figured out a conky setup that'd work with all of my wallpapers.

Running Compiz 0.8.x from git (I submitted some patches upstream)

I thank you very much for this Compiz git version, it's really amazing. I never thought I'd be able to have so many Compiz plugins. I use the Emerald package from flexiondotorg's compiz-mate custom repo as well as his fusion-icon because I had some trouble with the git version, and the AUR's fusion-icon. Great work though, thank you so much for your efforts to keep Compiz updated, I hope you will continue to be the maintainer for a while.

Screen.jpg

The Emerald theme is by me, I have created many adapted from Windows 7 themes, mostly from the website Virtual Customs. The creator of the original theme is known as designfjotten.
Wallpaper download link: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/37299-Walls
More Emerald themes I've made: http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay. … ald-Themes

Offline

#38 2015-12-28 19:58:44

ShadowKyogre
Member
From: Hell! XP No... I'm not telling
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 476
Website

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

Terrowin wrote:

I thank you very much for this Compiz git version, it's really amazing. I never thought I'd be able to have so many Compiz plugins. I use the Emerald package from flexiondotorg's compiz-mate custom repo as well as his fusion-icon because I had some trouble with the git version, and the AUR's fusion-icon. Great work though, thank you so much for your efforts to keep Compiz updated, I hope you will continue to be the maintainer for a while.

Offtopic?: Could you elaborate some more on the problems you encountered with Emerald from the git version (as a comment on the emerald-git version, so I have a persistent place to look for the info)? I can try to look into that. Could you also provide a link to the custom repo so I can see how Emerald in the custom repo is built?

I hope so too (regarding maintainership)! I've been currently scrounging around all over the place for jobs. Current situation is kind of tight atm, but I am trying to make the most out of it.

Back on topic: Your setup looks sweet! The icon style fits pretty well with the Emerald theme. What theme is it?


For every problem, there is a solution that is:
Clean
Simple and most of all...wrong!
Github page

Offline

#39 2015-12-29 01:32:59

Terrowin
Member
Registered: 2015-05-26
Posts: 21

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

ShadowKyogre wrote:
Terrowin wrote:

I thank you very much for this Compiz git version, it's really amazing. I never thought I'd be able to have so many Compiz plugins. I use the Emerald package from flexiondotorg's compiz-mate custom repo as well as his fusion-icon because I had some trouble with the git version, and the AUR's fusion-icon. Great work though, thank you so much for your efforts to keep Compiz updated, I hope you will continue to be the maintainer for a while.

Offtopic?: Could you elaborate some more on the problems you encountered with Emerald from the git version (as a comment on the emerald-git version, so I have a persistent place to look for the info)? I can try to look into that. Could you also provide a link to the custom repo so I can see how Emerald in the custom repo is built?

I hope so too (regarding maintainership)! I've been currently scrounging around all over the place for jobs. Current situation is kind of tight atm, but I am trying to make the most out of it.

Back on topic: Your setup looks sweet! The icon style fits pretty well with the Emerald theme. What theme is it?

When I attempt to launch the emerald-git version this is the error message I get:

17698 segmentation fault (core dumped)  emerald-theme-manager

It seems to work for the borders, but I can't open the gui. Do you think you could add fusion-icon to the packages you're maintaining? It's really essential for my use as I like to quickly access the theme manager and ccsm from the notification center as well as an option to reload Compiz as sometimes I experience the rare crash. The AUR version is unmaintained and has a non-transparent background, and again the fusion-icon from the compiz-mate repo works flawlessly.
Thanks for the compliment on my setup. I use taskbar images and orbs created with images of existing Windows 7 themes, I have those all for download as well if you like. I almost exclusively use xanayoshi's icon sets found here: http://opendesktop.org/usermanager/sear … n=contents
And CraazyT's GTK themes: http://craazyt.deviantart.com/gallery/3 … GTK-Themes That particular Emerald theme isn't available for download as the author would prefer it's not released. However, all my other themes are on DeviantArt so you don't need an account to download: http://singloco.deviantart.com/gallery/ … ald-Themes I hope you find one you like, they're my favorite themes on Windows and the pixmap function is very good in Emerald. LXDE is also my favorite DE and works very well with Compiz.
I have contacted Martin Wimpress (flexiondotorg) about his compiz-mate repo because it needs to be updated since protobuf broke compatibility with a big Arch update that happened a few weeks ago. I haven't heard back from him, which is understandable as he's busy with Ubuntu MATE. This is why I'm especially happy you're working on Compiz now. This is flexiondotorg's compiz-mate repo:

[compiz-mate]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Server = http://pkgbuild.com/~flexiondotorg/compiz-mate/$arch

Thanks a lot for taking time to respond and for your work, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Offline

#40 2015-12-29 16:16:50

cameo
Member
Registered: 2012-08-18
Posts: 74

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

wow_pretty_arch_thumb_by_mitoxd-d9lwr81.png

xmonad + dzen + urxvt + doge  etc.


My final scrotie this year – bye 2015!

Offline

#41 2015-12-29 18:00:22

ShadowKyogre
Member
From: Hell! XP No... I'm not telling
Registered: 2008-12-19
Posts: 476
Website

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

Terrowin wrote:

When I attempt to launch the emerald-git version this is the error message I get:

17698 segmentation fault (core dumped)  emerald-theme-manager

It's a bit terse. Think you could send a more detailed traceback and put it on emerald-git's AUR page as a comment with a link to pastebin of it? Here's how you can get a more detailed version of the segmentation fault:

  1. Edit the PKGBUILD for emerald-git on line 18 to have

    !strip debug

    after

    !libtool

    in the parentheses. The edited line should look like:

    options=(!libtool !strip debug)
  2. Rebuild the package through makepkg. You don't have to install it to get the traceback.

  3. Find

    emerald-theme-manager

    in the srcdir of where you're building the package. Should've been built with debugging symbols

  4. Run

    gdb path/to/emerald-theme-manager
  5. Type

    run

    in the gdb prompt.

  6. Paste the traceback in the AUR comment or in a pastebin like https://ptpb.pw/f .

As for how you can leave a comment on the AUR package for emerald-git (so we can properly move the discussion to there, because I'm positive that this thread isn't the place for in-depth support discussions):

  1. Create an account on the AUR via the Register link

  2. Navigate to the emerald-git page on the AUR

  3. Put your comment there, since the textbox for the comment should already be available for typing in after you visit any AUR package's page.

Terrowin wrote:

It seems to work for the borders, but I can't open the gui. Do you think you could add fusion-icon to the packages you're maintaining? It's really essential for my use as I like to quickly access the theme manager and ccsm from the notification center as well as an option to reload Compiz as sometimes I experience the rare crash. The AUR version is unmaintained and has a non-transparent background, and again the fusion-icon from the compiz-mate repo works flawlessly.

I can definitely do that. If flexion's able to get back to maintaining the fusion-icon, I'll be sure to give it back to him. I'll work on this while waiting for the traceback.

Terrowin wrote:

Thanks for the compliment on my setup. I use taskbar images and orbs created with images of existing Windows 7 themes, I have those all for download as well if you like. I almost exclusively use xanayoshi's icon sets found here: http://opendesktop.org/usermanager/sear … n=contents
And CraazyT's GTK themes: http://craazyt.deviantart.com/gallery/3 … GTK-Themes That particular Emerald theme isn't available for download as the author would prefer it's not released. However, all my other themes are on DeviantArt so you don't need an account to download: http://singloco.deviantart.com/gallery/ … ald-Themes I hope you find one you like, they're my favorite themes on Windows and the pixmap function is very good in Emerald. LXDE is also my favorite DE and works very well with Compiz.

Gotcha! I'll be browsing these while working on fusion-icon.

Terrowin wrote:

I have contacted Martin Wimpress (flexiondotorg) about his compiz-mate repo because it needs to be updated since protobuf broke compatibility with a big Arch update that happened a few weeks ago. I haven't heard back from him, which is understandable as he's busy with Ubuntu MATE. This is why I'm especially happy you're working on Compiz now. This is flexiondotorg's compiz-mate repo:

[compiz-mate]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Server = http://pkgbuild.com/~flexiondotorg/compiz-mate/$arch

Thanks a lot for taking time to respond and for your work, I look forward to hearing back from you.

This is helpful! Now I can do any diffs between the source code of the built version here and on the AUR.


For every problem, there is a solution that is:
Clean
Simple and most of all...wrong!
Github page

Offline

#42 2015-12-29 20:54:19

bob jones
Member
Registered: 2014-08-16
Posts: 8

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

New laptop. Plasma 5. Very nice.

http://garfilth.deviantart.com/art/Kde-581016724

Offline

#43 2015-12-31 01:49:16

zerovectorspace
Member
Registered: 2015-12-29
Posts: 1

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

4wbff8xg7

WIP on netbook.

-0vs-

Offline

#44 2016-01-01 18:29:07

SirMyztiq
Member
Registered: 2015-03-24
Posts: 118

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

parazyd wrote:

AwesomeWM this time, keeping it forever!

http://a.pomf.cat/uqrtaq.png
http://a.pomf.cat/oawgpb.png

What terminal is that? I currently use Terminator because of True Color but since I switched over to AWM I don't need the split thing as much. I like the borderonly terminal look.

Offline

#45 2016-01-01 18:46:13

parazyd
Member
From: Amsterdam
Registered: 2012-10-14
Posts: 259
Website

Re: December 2015 Screenshot Thread

SirMyztiq wrote:
parazyd wrote:

AwesomeWM this time, keeping it forever!

http://a.pomf.cat/uqrtaq.png
http://a.pomf.cat/oawgpb.png

What terminal is that? I currently use Terminator because of True Color but since I switched over to AWM I don't need the split thing as much. I like the borderonly terminal look.

rxvt-unicode

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB