You are not logged in.

#176 2018-03-16 03:38:56

gee

Re: mesa-git - latest videodrivers & issues

lordheavy wrote:
gee wrote:

Hmm, is there a good reason why mesa-git now requires a music player (tizonia) to be installed?

Because mesa-git will now be built with tizonia support instead of openmax smile

Thank you for getting a core package now, that makes more sense to me than my GPU driver depending on libspotify smile

#177 2018-04-26 16:01:55

gee

gee wrote:

@lordheavy: just an idea because of an issue I had with current llvm-svn, but wouldn't it be better to only offer the newer llvm packages if the mesa packages compile fine with it?

Similarly it's kind of weird to see lib32-mesa-git offered an update but not mesa-git.

#178 2018-04-26 16:50:25

lordheavy
Developer

gee wrote:
gee wrote:

@lordheavy: just an idea because of an issue I had with current llvm-svn, but wouldn't it be better to only offer the newer llvm packages if the mesa packages compile fine with it?

Similarly it's kind of weird to see lib32-mesa-git offered an update but not mesa-git.

You can't update llvm after you build mesa packages otherwise you could have broken rendering with radeonsi drivers. Currently opencl is broken because of llvm-svn, so i have temporary disabled the building of opencl package (opencl-mesa-git package is empty) until it's fixed upstream

#179 2018-04-26 17:14:06

gee

lordheavy wrote:

You can't update llvm after you build mesa packages otherwise you could have broken rendering with radeonsi drivers.

I don't understand what you mean, I currently can clearly update only llvm from your repository, even if may break radeonsi.
(I usually don't, until I forget and that's of course when I must follow by a pacman -Sc hmm )

lordheavy wrote:

Currently opencl is broken because of llvm-svn, so i have temporary disabled the building of opencl package (opencl-mesa-git package is empty) until it's fixed upstream

I assumed it was some stuff that was not in 32b, but I did not feel confident enough to install it anyway. smile

#180 2018-04-26 17:20:44

lordheavy
Developer

gee wrote:
lordheavy wrote:

You can't update llvm after you build mesa packages otherwise you could have broken rendering with radeonsi drivers.

I don't understand what you mean, I currently can clearly update only llvm from your repository, even if may break radeonsi.
(I usually don't, until I forget and that's of course when I must follow by a pacman -Sc hmm )

Oh, yes, i mean when i build mesa-git, i need to build llvm-svn first because radeonsi depends on some bytecode generated by llvm (and this bytecode can change after an update of llvm),
so you can't know if mesa-git building will fail because of a change in llvm-svn.

#181 2018-04-26 17:55:34

gee

lordheavy wrote:

Oh, yes, i mean when i build mesa-git, i need to build llvm-svn first because radeonsi depends on some bytecode generated by llvm (and this bytecode can change after an update of llvm),
so you can't know if mesa-git building will fail because of a change in llvm-svn.

Yes I understand that, but you could delay the offering of the llvm package, or make mesa depend on the exact package it was built against.
The latter seems better, yet it would mean that right now it'd be impossible to install mesa-git, so maybe not.
It's not a big deal, that was just a suggestion of course.

#182 2018-05-15 03:22:04

afzalarsalan

@lordheavy I think the GPU drivers need their PKGBUILD updated to show support for the new Xorg 1.20 release. I'm pretty sure the ABI should already be supported and just need to be recompiled but I definately could be wrong on that one.

#183 2018-05-22 17:09:00

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Second build failure with opencl / llvm-svn changes in a few weeks, see https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=106619

LordHeavy, you may want to delay updating llvm-svn in your repo.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#184 2018-06-24 10:49:41

raneon

I cannot install the mesa-git-debug package anymore. Is it still getting updated?

#185 2018-06-24 16:20:06

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

mesa-git-debug-102413.58fb613a51-1-x86_64.pkg.t..> 27-May-2018 15:35           109807156

Looks like that's latest version in LordHeavy's unoffical repo.
What do you mean by "cannot install", what error messages do you get ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

#186 2018-06-25 14:59:17

raneon

I had to translate the messages:

$ sudo pacman -S mesa-git-debug
Resolve dependencies...
Warning: Cannot resolve "mesa-git=102413.58fb613a51-1" (a dependency of "mesa-git-debug")
:: The following package cannot be updated as of unresolved dependencies:
      mesa-git-debug

:: Do you want to skip the package during this update? [j/N]

It seems like mesa-git-debug still depends from the older mesa-git package, which is not anymore available on my system.

#187 2018-06-26 16:25:15

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

http://pkgbuild.com/~lcarlier/mesa-git/ … t/PKGBUILD is the latest version posted by LordHeavy, and it doesn't show a *-debug package.

You could try building a debug version yourself by modifying the PKGBUILD, see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … ing_Traces

#188 2018-06-29 14:03:59

raneon

Lone_Wolf wrote:

http://pkgbuild.com/~lcarlier/mesa-git/ … t/PKGBUILD is the latest version posted by LordHeavy, and it doesn't show a *-debug package.

You could try building a debug version yourself by modifying the PKGBUILD, see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … ing_Traces

Thanks I try to avoid compiling Mesa as last time I failed ;-) But the today's update fixed it for me, I could install mesa-git-debug now.

#189 2018-08-24 14:49:08

returntrip

Hope this is the right place to post info that might help other users:
if you are having issues using mesa-git with Firefox and OpenGL enabled (see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fi … 28OMTC.29), you might experience crashes for some FF tabs that use OpenGL (i.e.: Google Sheets, Maps etc).

The bug and workaround are here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1480755#c0

Simply go to FF about:config > security.sandbox.content.read _path_whitelist and add /sys/

Hope this helps other folks

#190 2018-08-26 23:48:29

Enverex
Website

Posted this on the AUR package, but for reference I'll post it here too:

Not sure if this is deliberate, but this Mesa package no-longer seems to be installing "/etc/drirc" which is needed for 3D workarounds and other things. The default system package still installs this file and AFAIK this package should be installing it too.

#191 2018-08-26 23:57:19

progandy

It seems that the default configuration moved to "/usr/share/drirc.d/"
https://github.com/mesa3d/mesa/commit/3 … 727bd3a6dd
https://github.com/mesa3d/mesa/commit/0 … 2007776f80

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#192 2018-08-27 00:19:06

Enverex
Website

So it has, thanks for that. Guess it's fine then as those files are there.

#193 2018-08-31 18:17:11

MilesRdz

Hi everyone, is anyone else unable to compile lib32-mesa-git? Thanks for your input.

[495/2265] Linking target src/amd/vulkan/libvulkan_radeon.so.
FAILED: src/amd/vulkan/libvulkan_radeon.so 
g++ -m32  -o src/amd/vulkan/libvulkan_radeon.so 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/meson-generated_.._radv_entrypoints.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/meson-generated_.._radv_extensions.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/meson-generated_.._vk_format_table.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/winsys_amdgpu_radv_amdgpu_bo.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/winsys_amdgpu_radv_amdgpu_cs.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/winsys_amdgpu_radv_amdgpu_surface.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/winsys_amdgpu_radv_amdgpu_winsys.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_cmd_buffer.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_debug.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_device.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_descriptor_set.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_formats.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_image.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_llvm_helper.cpp.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_blit.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_blit2d.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_buffer.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_bufimage.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_clear.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_copy.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_decompress.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_fast_clear.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_resolve.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_resolve_cs.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_meta_resolve_fs.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_nir_to_llvm.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_pass.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_pipeline.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_pipeline_cache.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_shader.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_shader_info.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_query.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_util.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_wsi.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/si_cmd_buffer.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_wsi_x11.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_wsi_wayland.c.o' 'src/amd/vulkan/src@amd@vulkan@@vulkan_radeon@sha/radv_wsi_display.c.o' -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--as-needed -shared -fPIC -Wl,--start-group -Wl,-soname,libvulkan_radeon.so -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now src/amd/common/libamd_common.a src/amd/addrlib/libaddrlib.a src/vulkan/util/libvulkan_util.a src/vulkan/wsi/libvulkan_wsi.a src/util/libmesa_util.a src/compiler/nir/libnir.a src/compiler/libcompiler.a -Wl,-Bsymbolic -Wl,--gc-sections -lLLVM-8svn /usr/lib32/libdrm_amdgpu.so /usr/lib32/libelf.so -ldl -lm -lLLVM-8svn /usr/lib32/libxcb.so /usr/lib32/libX11-xcb.so /usr/lib32/libX11.so /usr/lib32/libxcb-dri2.so /usr/lib32/libxcb-dri3.so /usr/lib32/libxcb-present.so /usr/lib32/libxcb-sync.so /usr/lib32/libxshmfence.so /usr/lib32/libwayland-client.so /usr/lib32/libxcb-randr.so /usr/lib/libXrandr.so /usr/lib32/libdrm.so /usr/lib32/libz.so -Wl,--end-group -pthread  
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libXrandr.so: error adding symbols: file in wrong format
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
[510/2265] Compiling C++ object 'src/intel/compiler/src@intel@compiler@@intel_compiler@sta/brw_fs_nir.cpp.o'.
../mesa/src/intel/compiler/brw_fs_nir.cpp:1720:1: warning: ‘brw_reg_type get_image_base_type(const glsl_type*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 get_image_base_type(const glsl_type *type)
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[512/2265] Compiling C++ object 'src/intel/compiler/src@intel@compiler@@intel_compiler@sta/brw_fs.cpp.o'.
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
Error making: lib32-mesa-git

"Normal's Overrated"

#194 2018-09-02 12:16:07

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

If you're using my AUR lib32-mesa-git , try building again.

latest git master revision ac0856ae41 (pkgver 18.3.0_devel.104543.ac0856ae41-1 ) builds fine.

#195 2018-09-21 18:23:27

raneon

I had to go back to libdrm-git-6416.28328298 and mesa-git-104815.08103c5f65, as libdrm-git-6433.1e3fcc49 and mesa-git-104860.18a6e426f3 broke OpenGL acceleration my my system, SDDM and GDM didn't start anymore and showed only a black screen on my Radeon RX480.

Last edited by raneon (2018-09-21 18:29:42)

#196 2018-09-22 07:33:08

Vaporeon

Had to do the same thing with the mostly same card, an RX580. Open GL broke.

#197 2018-09-24 10:24:38

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Those version numbers suggest raneon & vaporeon both use Lord Heavy mesa-git repo.

I don't use that, but did have problems with libdrm-git recently that forced me to downgrade to a slightly older version.
Try reverting to stock libdrm.

#198 2018-10-01 15:51:07

raneon

With the latest update all is good again, OpenGL works with libdrm-git 6438.4ec31fc3.

#199 2018-12-04 22:28:31

Aladar42

Updating lib32-mesa seems to break everything.

AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (libsensors.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

For some reason this never happened before todays update. Only libsensors.so.5 is on my system.

#200 2018-12-04 22:37:59

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

lmsensors was updated today and apparently had a soname bump.
If you're using my aur *-mesa-git packages  , try rebuilding them.

Incase you're using Lord Heavy's mesa-git repo, you'll have to wait until he rebuilds the packages (or you could try contacting him directly) .

Board footer