You are not logged in.

#26 2016-07-27 04:18:54

andmars
Member
Registered: 2012-03-13
Posts: 319

Re: [*** ] A start job is running for dhcpcd on enp2s0f0.

With every update of systemd (systemd 231 currently in [testing]) you have to delete network.target. This is deffinitely not a sollution but a temporary workaround.

Offline

#27 2016-07-27 06:00:38

Coya
Member
Registered: 2016-07-27
Posts: 2

Re: [*** ] A start job is running for dhcpcd on enp2s0f0.

I hope this is the right thread to ask this, because I had a similar issue since around the same time, but the message I am getting is

[***] A start job is running for sys-subsystem-net-devices-interface_name.device

Everything related to dhcpcp or the internet connection in general seems to be starting fine, just this cryptic message. I don't even know what service I'm supposed to search for. Does somebody, per chance, know what could cause this, or in what logs I'd have to look?

Offline

#28 2016-07-27 06:37:14

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 25,288
Website

Re: [*** ] A start job is running for dhcpcd on enp2s0f0.

You have copy pasted and created a service for interface_name (which is a placeholder that indicates you are supposed to <insert your interface name here>).

Disable it.


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Github

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#29 2016-07-27 06:47:47

Coya
Member
Registered: 2016-07-27
Posts: 2

Re: [*** ] A start job is running for dhcpcd on enp2s0f0.

I hoped it was something stupid like that.
How would I go about finding the name of that service, though? I would presume something like

 systemctl list-unit-files | grep interface 

would have to return at least something, right (because it doesn't)? Or am I misunderstanding something here.

Last edited by Coya (2016-07-27 06:50:42)

Offline

#30 2016-07-27 07:45:48

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 5,217

Re: [*** ] A start job is running for dhcpcd on enp2s0f0.

andmars wrote:

With every update of systemd (systemd 231 currently in [testing]) you have to delete network.target. This is deffinitely not a sollution but a temporary workaround.

/etc/systemd/system/systemd-user-sessions.service is being used to override the shipped unit file  /usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-user-sessions.service to avoid exactly this issue.
Edit:
I too class it as a workaround.  I covered why I did not pursue this upstream in post #25

Last edited by loqs (2016-07-27 09:12:28)

Offline

#31 2016-10-30 18:50:08

Tétrapyle
Member
Registered: 2014-01-03
Posts: 27

Re: [*** ] A start job is running for dhcpcd on enp2s0f0.

Coya wrote:

I hope this is the right thread to ask this, because I had a similar issue since around the same time, but the message I am getting is

[***] A start job is running for sys-subsystem-net-devices-interface_name.device
jasonwryan wrote:

You have copy pasted and created a service for interface_name (which is a placeholder that indicates you are supposed to <insert your interface name here>).
Disable it.

Hi all,
I've had the same issue for months (well, if it actually should be called an issue).
I don't understand either which service I should disable.

I did created services for interfaces :
There's netctl-auto and I also created /etc/systemd/system/netctl-auto-resume@.service as suggested by the wiki.
It used to work nicely.

I understand I could disable these and start them myself after each reboot and resume after suspend.
But is it the right thing ?
Or I am missing something ?
Thanks.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB