You are not logged in.

#26 2017-05-29 18:42:37

loqs

Re: enlightenment not working after upgrade [SOLVED]

89c51 wrote:

Also the kernel bug needs to be addressed. But the patch hasn't been included in the arch kernel PKGBUILD (4.11.3).

It is not in the upstream release v4.11.3 that the linux package tracks it is also not currently in stable-qeue it has passed through tip  and mainline.
Although the issue breaks affected users workflow it is does not allow privilege escalation,  information disclosure,  cause data loss,  system instability or affect all systems using that kernel.
So I would not expect it be accepted before the tracked upstream issues a new release with the patch included.
Edit:
remove duplicate tip

Last edited by loqs (2017-05-31 18:04:11)

#27 2017-05-30 08:20:12

89c51

loqs wrote:
89c51 wrote:

Also the kernel bug needs to be addressed. But the patch hasn't been included in the arch kernel PKGBUILD (4.11.3).

It is not in the upstream release v4.11.3 that the linux package tracks it is also not currently in stable-qeue it has passed through tip tip  and mainline.
Although the issue breaks affected users workflow it is does not allow privilege escalation,  information disclosure,  cause data loss,  system instability or affect all systems using that kernel.
So I would not expect it be accepted before the tracked upstream issues a new release with the patch included.

On the version we have on the repos if you are on the lock screen it crashes and restarts E meaning that someone can just hit enter on your lock screen and use your PC.

I was at least expecting the arch kernel maintainer to include the patch in 4.11.3 in the repos.

#28 2017-05-30 10:47:43

seth

HUMM?
Why would anything (the locker) here run suid itfp and if "it crashes" (the locker) why would it "restart(s) E" and notably is that a recover restart or do you have to log in again (what'd be "ok-ish")?

Regardless of the kernel/suid issue (money quote: "When I fixed the ptrace interaction with user namespaces" - user namespaces can now break things even if disabled ...) that sounds like a severe design flaw in Enlightenment (if the above assumptions hold, I didn't test it)

#29 2017-05-30 12:09:07

89c51

seth wrote:

HUMM?
Why would anything (the locker) here run suid itfp and if "it crashes" (the locker) why would it "restart(s) E" and notably is that a recover restart or do you have to log in again (what'd be "ok-ish")?

Regardless of the kernel/suid issue (money quote: "When I fixed the ptrace interaction with user namespaces" - user namespaces can now break things even if disabled ...) that sounds like a severe design flaw in Enlightenment (if the above assumptions hold, I didn't test it)

On enlightenment-git it just freezes there so it might be some bug in the repo version that has been fixed since.

Board footer