You are not logged in.

#26 2017-02-26 07:49:01

seth

Re: 'Error! Problems with depmod detected.' Installing belkin n300 adapter

wtf is /etc/resolve.conf a partition??? (let alone apparently the root mount ...)?

This is a fresh, up-to-date, install.

If the system is so far unused and so much f... screwed you might want to consider a fresh start and re-install again.
And if not: how *exactly* do you "chroot" into the installed system from the installation boot, for what you posted looks a lot like you chrooted into some junk...

#27 2017-02-26 22:04:40

Madg0d

seth wrote:

wtf is /etc/resolve.conf a partition??? (let alone apparently the root mount ...)?

This is a fresh, up-to-date, install.

If the system is so far unused and so much f... screwed you might want to consider a fresh start and re-install again.
And if not: how *exactly* do you "chroot" into the installed system from the installation boot, for what you posted looks a lot like you chrooted into some junk...

Yeah I thought that message referring to /etc/resolv.conf as a partition was odd as well. But I've certainly done nothing that would result in that. I don't think it's entirely accurate. I will be in my archlinux distro later on today so I can post actual logs and try the suggestions that were posted. But as for how I chroot into my install.

$ mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
$ arch-chroot /mnt
# ...
loqs wrote:

What is the contents of /usr/lib in the chroot?

/usr/lib is filled with dozens if not 100+ libraries (while in chroot). I'll post the contents later on when I'm able, if that would be necessary, but it's not empty.

Last edited by Madg0d (2017-02-26 22:07:40)

Sheogorath,
Fourth Corner of the House of Troubles,
Lord of the Never-There,
Sovereign of the Shivering Isles

#28 2017-02-26 22:14:20

loqs

Madg0d wrote:

I'll post the contents later on when I'm able, if that would be necessary, but it's not empty.

No need to post it,  from outside the chroot try

# pacman -r /mnt -Qkk

See if there are lots of missing files or files with incorrect sizes etc.
Also is /lib in the chroot now a symlink to /usr/lib ?

#29 2017-03-07 02:04:47

Madg0d

Sorry for the delayed response needed to step away from my pc for a few days. Lot of "Permission" and "GID" mismatchesas well as possibly hundreds of "No such file or directory"

Edit : I believe there is a sym link now however I'm unsure.. At this point it may just be worth it to reinstall

Last edited by Madg0d (2017-03-07 02:09:03)

Sheogorath,
Fourth Corner of the House of Troubles,
Lord of the Never-There,
Sovereign of the Shivering Isles

#30 2017-03-07 10:54:54

loqs

Reinstall is probably quicker at this point.
Tips_and_tricks#Reinstalling_all_packages
If that fails or rerunning the following still produces a large number of errors then would reformat and install again.

# pacman -r /mnt -Qkk

Board footer