You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-21 21:39:36

Shotman

Webmin dependency - perl-encode-detect failing

I don't generally resort to asking, but more than a month in with no solution to me. I have webmin installed, which has perl-encode-detect as a dependency, except the perl package fails. Initially, there were warnings at the start of the build about versions of other perl packages, which I've eradicated (please don't ask for detail - it was a month ago and I've forgotten).

perl-encode-detect always fails on the same error:

ERROR: Can't create '/tmp/packerbuild-1000/perl-encode-detect/perl-encode-detect/pkg/perl-encode-detect/usr/bin/vendor_perl'
mkdir /tmp/packerbuild-1000/perl-encode-detect/perl-encode-detect/pkg/perl-encode-detect: Permission denied at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 477.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 at lib/Module/Build/Base.pm line 3565.
make: *** [Makefile:77: install] Error 13
  LEONT/Module-Build-0.4224.tar.gz
  /usr/bin/make install  -- NOT OK
Couldn't install Module::Build, giving up.
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().

I've tried building in a user directory, with the same result. Nothing in the aur comments, other than someone has a similar problem. I have no idea why there should be a permissions problem.

It's not a deal breaker (I could simply remove webmin without any real problem), but now it's annoying.

Ideas anyone?

#2 2017-06-21 22:01:13

vociferos

Re: Webmin dependency - perl-encode-detect failing

I was able to build it just fine on my machine (no idea if it actually runs though). Try building it yourself with makepkg, since packer may be interfering. Also read this post in the mailing list, which explains the perl update and that perl packages that did not come from pacman (including the AUR!) must be rebuilt: https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/a … 28874.html .

#3 2017-06-21 22:04:31

Shotman

I've tried building manually with the same result, but I'll simply try a manual rebuild via your link. Thank you. Guess that's Saturday spoken for. smile

#4 2017-06-21 22:49:01

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Mod note: this doesn't seem to be related to [testing], moving to NC.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Board footer