You are not logged in.

#26 2021-10-28 15:15:37

maddoc74

Re: wpa_supplicant reports CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-FAILED ret=-22 retry=1

Not to necro-bump, but I found similar issues from my Lenovo T530 using an Intel 6300 Ultimate card. The issue was ultimately that I had set up a KDE Wallet that was _not_ unlocking automatically, and when wpa_supplicant when to get the password, it was failing with timeouts. So I needed to unlock the wallet quickly for it to work. I ended up following the guide on the ArchWiki to unlock it automatically: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/KDE_Wa … y_on_login

I couldn't help but notice the similarity between our problems, and I think this solution works better in the default configuration of KDE (no need to mess around with systemd-networkd).

Hope this helps some future lost soul!

#27 2022-01-29 06:17:56

amixra

Re: wpa_supplicant reports CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-FAILED ret=-22 retry=1

dwaltz wrote:

Ok I think I solved it: the problem associate to the message "CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-FAILED ret=-22 retry=1" is simply due to the fact the WiFi device was turned off by the Fn button of the laptop, and that rfkill instead reported it as active, after having turned it on it works even with the latest wpa_suplican (2.8) from Arch repos.
I don't know why but pressing the Fn button to disable the WiFi, rkill does not read it as off, it simply hides the bluetooth part from the list of the available devices.
Could be a problem spefically associated to some Broadcom models: in my case it is a  BCM43142 that combines WiFi and Bluetooth in one device.

Forgot to mention that I had to set:

ap_scan=1

to make it work with this card.

Thanksssssssssssssssssssss
I have tried what not from changing linux-kernel to trying different network-manager gui. Making wireless drivers manually from Broadcom to trying thousands of articles for setting up wifi connection from terminal. Thanks to you from the bottom of my heart.

Do experiment at-least.

Board footer