You are not logged in.

#26 2018-08-23 18:27:57

loqs

Re: [Solved] Postfix: Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname

TheGoliath wrote:

One last question. How can I mark this thread as solved?

Code_of_conduct#How_to_post
Does that configuration also work for receiving mail for from third part mail servers or was that never intended?

#27 2018-08-23 18:40:56

TheGoliath
Website

Yeah. I really should rtfm.
It's now marked as solved.

Idk, if it works with third parties. It should work if they are properly set-up. So SPF, DMARC, MX record and DKIM signing.
Do you have your own mailserver up&running? You can contact me if you want and you can sent me an email to test it.
I'm currently not able to access our school's one but let's find out.
@loqs

#28 2018-08-23 19:13:09

loqs

No I do not operate my own mail server at the moment.  I was thinking you could use a webmail provider as a test.

#29 2018-08-23 19:42:51

Slithery
Administrator

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I have my own mail server I can send from if you want me to do any testing - PM me your email if you're interested (or I can abuse my mod powers and look it up if it's the one registered with the forums smile).

I've always used this tutorial to set up my mailservers (adapting for Arch where necessary)...
https://workaround.org/ispmail
Not only does it get into the specifics it also gives a great overview on how and why everything fits together.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#30 2018-08-23 19:57:35

TheGoliath
Website

Slithery wrote:

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I have my own mail server I can send from if you want me to do any testing - PM me your email if you're interested (or I can abuse my mod powers and look it up if it's the one registered with the forums smile).

I've always used this tutorial to set up my mailservers (adapting for Arch where necessary)...
https://workaround.org/ispmail
Not only does it get into the specifics it also gives a great overview on how and why everything fits together.

Thanks for the guide. I'll look at it tomorrow and put it together with my existing setup. As I've told ya in my mail/pm I've sent you, I have to fix one part of my config to get my server to let me back in again.

Cheers to ya all and good night

Last edited by TheGoliath (2018-08-23 19:58:20)

#31 2018-08-24 12:43:43

TheGoliath
Website

@loqs
It works with third party servers. A friend of mine tried it today. Works like a charm.
You only need proper records and a DKIM signing daemon like rspamd or OpenDKIM.

Cheers

Board footer