You are not logged in.

#301 2008-08-10 07:25:28

violagirl23

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

I am having a problem when yaourt has to download dependencies. The dependencies will download and install and then it will abort and I have to start it again.
Example (I cut out the unimportant things like comments):

megini browser  $ yaourt -S narcissu-bin

==> Downloading narcissu-bin PKGBUILD from AUR...

==> Building missing dependencies from AUR:

==> Downloading onscripter-en PKGBUILD from AUR...

==> onscripter-en dependencies:
 - sdl_mixer (package found)
 - sdl_image (already installed)
 - smpeg (package found)
 - sdl_ttf (package found)
 - bzip2 (already installed)

==> Building and installing package
==> Making package: onscripter-en 20080214-1 x86_64 (Sun Aug 10 03:09:53 EDT 2008)
==> Checking Runtime Dependencies...
==> Installing missing dependencies...
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (4): libmikmod-3.1.12-1  sdl_mixer-1.2.8-2  smpeg-0.4.4-3  sdl_ttf-2.0.9-1  

Total Download Size:    0.87 MB
Total Installed Size:   2.69 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages from extra...
 libmikmod-3.1.12-1-...   330.3K   35.7K/s 00:00:09 [###########################################################################################] 100%
 sdl_mixer-1.2.8-2-x...   299.1K   34.4K/s 00:00:09 [###########################################################################################] 100%
 smpeg-0.4.4-3-x86_64     241.1K   32.0K/s 00:00:08 [###########################################################################################] 100%
 sdl_ttf-2.0.9-1           17.7K   10.9K/s 00:00:02 [###########################################################################################] 100%
checking package integrity...
(4/4) checking for file conflicts                   [###########################################################################################] 100%
(1/4) installing libmikmod                          [###########################################################################################] 100%
(2/4) installing sdl_mixer                          [###########################################################################################] 100%
(3/4) installing smpeg                              [###########################################################################################] 100%
(4/4) installing sdl_ttf                            [###########################################################################################] 100%
Error: Makepkg was unable to build onscripter-en package.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
megini browser  $ yaourt -S narcissu-en
==> Resuming previous build

==> Downloading narcissu-en PKGBUILD from AUR...

==> narcissu-en dependencies:
 - onscripter-en (building from AUR)

==> onscripter-en dependencies:
 - sdl_mixer (already installed)
 - sdl_image (already installed)
 - smpeg (already installed)
 - sdl_ttf (already installed)
 - bzip2 (already installed)

==> Building and installing package
==> Making package: onscripter-en 20080214-1 x86_64 (Sun Aug 10 03:20:03 EDT 2008)
==> Checking Runtime Dependencies...
==> Checking Buildtime Dependencies...
==> Retrieving Sources...
  -> Downloading onscripter-en-20080214-src.tar.bz2...
--2008-08-10 03:20:03--  http://dev.haeleth.net/onscripter/onscripter-en-20080214-src.tar.bz2
Resolving dev.haeleth.net... 208.97.133.97
Connecting to dev.haeleth.net|208.97.133.97|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 258791 (253K) [application/x-bzip2]
Saving to: `onscripter-en-20080214-src.tar.bz2.part'

100%[============================================================================================================>] 258,791     43.1K/s   in 7.6s    

2008-08-10 03:20:19 (33.2 KB/s) - `onscripter-en-20080214-src.tar.bz2.part' saved [258791/258791]

So you see after it installs onscripter-en's dependencies, it aborts, then I have to restart it to actually install onscripter-en. I've had it happen with packages where a dependency has dependencies (like this one) and it installs these 2nd dependencies then aborts, then I restart it and it installs the 1st dependency, and then it aborts, and then I start yaourt yet again and it sees all dependencies are satisfied and finally installs the package. I'm not sure what is causing this (has happened to me a few times now), but I am wondering if it's not some kind of bug in yaourt.

"You can't just ask to borrow somebody else's lampshade. It's AWKWARD!"

#302 2008-08-10 15:22:40

voidzero

For some reason yaourt stopped using pacman and now only is using the aur. How can I solve this?

#303 2008-08-13 13:08:22

DonVla

is yaourt still maintained?
it works fine here. just wanted to ask ...

vlad

#304 2008-08-15 19:14:51

wain
Website

Yes yaourt is still maintained ;-)
@hybrid, voidzero, violagirl23 please take a look at yaourt-git. That should solve your problems.

#305 2008-08-15 19:31:53

Vintendo
Website

Why isn't yaourt in community. It had 987 (!) votes

#306 2008-08-16 13:42:45

DonVla

wain wrote:

Yes yaourt is still maintained ;-)
@hybrid, voidzero, violagirl23 please take a look at yaourt-git. That should solve your problems.

woohoo !!!!
wain is back .... (perhaps he was never gone) smile

#307 2008-08-24 00:38:28

indianahorst

Who can I get yaourt working with

ColorMod LightBackGround

(in /etc/yaourtrc)

AND not using an italic font for the package descriptions?
The italic font not really good readable sad

OK, ColorMod TextOnly would be a possibilty, but I like the colors wink

#308 2008-09-01 15:22:34

stonecrest

"mingetty: up to date (1.07-2 flaged as out of date)" should be "flagged" smile Keep up the good work.

I am a gated community.

#309 2008-09-03 18:06:39

drag0nl0rd
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Vintendo wrote:

Why isn't yaourt in community. It had 987 (!) votes

Yaourt will never be included in community. The reason is, it makes it easy to install packages from unsecure source (AUR) and that is not what we want. Anyway, you can get binary yaourt here:

[archlinuxfr]
Server = http://repo.archlinux.fr/i686
or
[archlinuxfr]
Server = http://repo.archlinux.fr/x86_64

#310 2008-10-16 21:01:52

Procyon

I started using yaourt a while ago, but sometimes I had a problem with sourceforge and I thought it was javascript requirement or something evil from sf.

But after removing my .wgetrc I get better results. I was using a recommendation from elsewhere:

referer=http://www.google.com/
timeout=120
tries=15
user-agent="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; OMG MB; Windows 98)"
wait=2
waitretry=30

So something in there causes sf to download html pages instead of packages.

And about just having to press "y" instead of "y<enter>" like in pacman, it makes me a bit worried that this will interpret garbage keys (like pressing enter when there is no question up and that answers something in the future) or does it discard the input before asking any questions?

#311 2008-10-16 21:27:47

wain
Website

Procyon wrote:

And about just having to press "y" instead of "y<enter>" like in pacman, it makes me a bit worried that this will interpret garbage keys (like pressing enter when there is no question up and that answers something in the future) or does it discard the input before asking any questions?

you can change this behaviour in /etc/yaourtrc:

DontNeedToPressEnter no

#312 2008-10-22 08:19:32

Vintendo
Website

I have been thinking about a new feature for yaourt. It would be great if, when the package is build, it gets copied to /var/cache/pacman/pkg/. When you try to reinstall a package from the AUR, yaourt first looks in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ if the package was build already. It would save a lot of time

Last edited by Vintendo (2008-10-22 08:19:49)

#313 2008-10-22 08:51:25

filou.linux

Vintendo wrote:

I have been thinking about a new feature for yaourt. It would be great if, when the package is build, it gets copied to /var/cache/pacman/pkg/. When you try to reinstall a package from the AUR, yaourt first looks in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ if the package was build already. It would save a lot of time

But then what happens to all the packages that fetch the sources from a source control (like all the *-git packages?). When there are changes in the source, the package will not recompile and therefore you won't have the newest version.
And AFAIK yaourt keeps some files of the makepkg/installation-process so in the case it fails, not everthing will be lost.

Just some thoughts.

#314 2008-10-22 20:13:28

wain
Website

Vintendo wrote:

I don't know if it can save a lot of time... but you can use ExportToLocalRepository in /etc/yaourtrc to export all built packages as a local repository.

#315 2008-10-22 20:57:30

Vintendo
Website

filou.linux wrote:
Vintendo wrote:

But then what happens to all the packages that fetch the sources from a source control (like all the *-git packages?). When there are changes in the source, the package will not recompile and therefore you won't have the newest version.
And AFAIK yaourt keeps some files of the makepkg/installation-process so in the case it fails, not everthing will be lost.

Just some thoughts.

The git version comes in the packagename as yyyymmdd IIRC. So that wouldn't be a problem.

wain wrote:
Vintendo wrote:

I don't know if it can save a lot of time... but you can use ExportToLocalRepository in /etc/yaourtrc to export all built packages as a local repository.

It was just an idea of wich I thought it wouldn't be too hard to realize. I will look into the ExportToLocalRepository.

#316 2008-11-24 15:00:49

WladyX

Does yaourt have proxy support yet?
I set my proxy both as env variable and /etc/wgetrc.
pacman -Syu works, yaourt -Syu doesn't.
Any ideeas?
Thanks.

#317 2008-12-05 20:21:23

autonymous

wain wrote:
Vintendo wrote:

THAT was my original problem, since I *define* /var/abs/local/{sources,pkgs,build} in /etc/makepkg.conf, but yaourt never honors that, instead opting to place built packages and the ENTIRE build directory in the same place. That's NOT my desired behavior.

I'd prefer if yaourt would honor my *build* directory as its *temp* setting (without the requisite "yaourt-tmp-$USER" prefix), and honor /etc/makepkg.conf's pkgdir export as the pkg destination once built. I can almost live without a separate sources dir if the above actually worked.

Hell, just add *sane* package destination and temp/build destination options to /etc/yaourtrc and I'd be ecstatic. "ExportToLocalRepository" doesn't look like a real "repository" IMHO if the build directory is in there with it. Seriously.

#318 2008-12-07 01:03:22

ST.x
Website

Im getting this when I try run through yaourt(which is set to use pacman-color):
Is this correct how it wants me run as root instead with sudo? I can do pacman -Syu without it asking me for root pass.

[~]-» yaourt -Syu
You are not allowed to launch /usr/bin/pacman-color with sudo
Please enter root password
Password:

I already did:
To use yaourt as a user, add these entries to /etc/sudoers:
user ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/pacman
user ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/pacdiffviewer

In zshrc I put:
alias pacman='pacman-color'
function pacman; pacman-color $argv;

#319 2008-12-10 10:53:09

gav616

Hi, i love arch/yaourt and was just wondering;

I wanna request an option that could be put in .yaourtrc to force everything to be compiled from source.

i already know about "-Sb", but this only compiles the target package,
also,
when globally upgrading arch (-Syu) its impossible (correct me if iam wrong) to compile the updates straight from source.

i think a global option just to force everything would work really well.

Thank you.

Last edited by gav616 (2008-12-10 10:54:20)

#320 2008-12-10 15:54:36

Stefan Husmann

ST.x wrote:

Im getting this when I try run through yaourt(which is set to use pacman-color):
Is this correct how it wants me run as root instead with sudo? I can do pacman -Syu without it asking me for root pass.

[~]-» yaourt -Syu
Password:

I already did:

In zshrc I put:

Just guessing: yaourt as a bash script is not aware of settings made for zsh. Try to add pacman-color to /etc/sudoers.

#321 2008-12-10 16:39:37

ST.x
Website

Stefan Husmann wrote:
ST.x wrote:

[~]-» yaourt -Syu
Password:

I already did:

In zshrc I put:

Just guessing: yaourt as a bash script is not aware of settings made for zsh. Try to add pacman-color to /etc/sudoers.

hmm yea that's what I was thinking but before that I switched back from yaourt-git to normal package and now it doesn't ask for root pass.

#322 2008-12-11 14:52:51

petelewis
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Hi,

Is there any progress on the fixing of using upper-case characters in /etc/yaourtrc? I'd quite like to use $HOME, but it keeps converting it to $home :-(

Thanks,

Pete.

"Cared thou not, thou would have abstained." - Xyne

#323 2008-12-12 13:50:42

Heller_Barde

petelewis wrote:

Is there any progress on the fixing of using upper-case characters in /etc/yaourtrc? I'd quite like to use $HOME, but it keeps converting it to $home :-(.

does the tilde (~) character not work?

cheers Barde

#324 2008-12-12 14:00:09

petelewis
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

No, the tilde doesn't appear to work.

Error: TmpDirectory is not a directory
~/builds/tmp no recognized in config file

For individual users, I can get around this by each having their own .yaourtrc file, but it would be nice if this could be fixed for the general case.

Thanks.

"Cared thou not, thou would have abstained." - Xyne

#325 2008-12-19 06:01:41

cookiecaper

Hi all.

I've created a patch for yaourt that adds the option "--ignorearch". This passes -A to makepkg and allows one to install without complaints about PKGBUILDs neglecting his/her architecture.

Here's the patch. Apply to /usr/bin/yaourt.

--- yaourt    2008-12-19 00:11:23.000000000 -0700
+++ yaourt.sh    2008-12-19 00:10:32.000000000 -0700
@@ -249,6 +249,7 @@
     # Build 
     mkpkg_opt="$confirmation"
     [ $NODEPS -eq 1 ] && mkpkg_opt="$mkpkg_opt -d"
+    [ $IGNOREARCH -eq 1 ] && mkpkg_opt="$mkpkg_opt -A"
     [ $HOLDVER -eq 1 ] && mkpkg_opt="$mkpkg_opt --holdver"
     if [ $runasroot -eq 1 ]; then 
         pacman_queuing; eval $INENGLISH PKGDEST=`pwd` nice -n 15 makepkg $mkpkg_opt --asroot --syncdeps --force -p ./PKGBUILD
@@ -388,6 +389,7 @@
     echo "$(eval_gettext ' (-h, --help)                      give this help list')"
     echo "$(eval_gettext ' (-V, --version)                   give program version')"
     echo "$(eval_gettext ' --noconfirm                       do not ask for any confirmation')"
+    echo "$(eval_gettext ' --ignorearch                      ignore absent architecture in PKGBUILD')"
     echo "$(eval_gettext ' --tmp /where/you/want             use given directory for temporary files')"
     echo "$(eval_gettext ' --lightbg                         change colors for terminal with light background')"
     echo "$(eval_gettext ' --nocolor                         don''t use any color')"
@@ -533,6 +535,7 @@
     HOLDVER=0
     IGNORE=0
     IGNOREPKG=""
+    IGNOREARCH=0
     NEEDED=""
     CLEAN=0
     LIST=0
@@ -714,6 +717,8 @@
             --unrequired) UNREQUIRED=1;;
             --changelog) CHANGELOG=1;;
             --holdver) HOLDVER=1;;
+            --ignorearch) IGNOREARCH=1;;
+
             --*)
             #            usage
             #            exit 1
@@ -1391,6 +1396,9 @@
     BUILDPROGRAM="${BUILDPROGRAM} --nodeps"
     nodeps="--nodeps"
 fi
+if [ $IGNOREARCH -eq 1 ]; then 
+    BUILDPROGRAM="${BUILDPROGRAM} --ignorearch"
+fi
 if [ $ASDEPS -eq 1 ]; then 
     BUILDPROGRAM="${BUILDPROGRAM} --asdeps"
     asdeps="--asdeps"

Thanks all. : )

Last edited by cookiecaper (2008-12-19 07:16:21)

Board footer