You are not logged in.

#51 2007-04-01 01:57:54

McQueen
Member
From: Arizona
Registered: 2006-03-20
Posts: 382

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

wain wrote:

I will update it on AUR when pacman 3.0 move in [current].

Just wanted to say thanks for your development effort!


/path/to/Truth

Offline

#52 2007-04-01 23:22:49

cromo
Member
From: Czestochowa, Poland
Registered: 2006-09-20
Posts: 87

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

yaourt 7.0:

507:cromo@kromka:~$ yaourt -Sb openoffice-spell-pl
==> Build openoffice-spell-pl from ABS or ABS/local or AUR

Source Targets: openoffice-spell-pl-20070213-1

Proceed with upgrade? [Y/n]
/usr/bin/makepkg: illegal option -- w

Offline

#53 2007-04-02 01:15:13

emphire
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 2007-03-21
Posts: 173

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

I have bash-completion installed and I miss how pacman would tab-complete arguments for me.  I found an ugly, dirty and quick hack to give yaourt partial bash-completion.  I opened-up /etc/bash_completion.d/archlinux and found the following line (at the end of the file):

complete -o filenames -F _pacman pacman

and added this after it:

complete -o filenames -F _pacman yaourt

It will just do the same completions that pacman does, so it won't complete abs or aur package names.  It also won't do completion for some of yaourt's extra flags.  If the bash_completion package gets upgraded, it will probably just overwrite the file and you'll lose the changes, so it would be more desirable to create a separate file in /etc/bash_completion.d that supports more of yaourts functionality.  But I don't know if I'll get around to it and this quick hack was handy for me.

Offline

#54 2007-04-02 01:55:31

emphire
Member
From: Canada
Registered: 2007-03-21
Posts: 173

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

I have a few questions about yaourt and upgrades.  I'm a little nervous to just test and see what happens as it might be hard to undo if things don't go as planned.

Say I have a bunch of packages.  Some are installed from binary packages others are installed from source in ABS.  How would I upgrade:
A1) all of them to the newest binary package?
A2) all of them to the from the newest source in ABS?
A3) all of the ones that were installed from binaries to the newest binaries and all the of the ones that were from ABS to the newest version in ABS?

What if I also have some packages from AUR and I want to:
B1) upgrade as everything else and leave the AUR packages as they are
B2) upgrade only my AUR packages? (and not any packages I installed from binary or ABS)
B3) upgrade the binary and ABS packages as in (A3) and upgrade the packages installed from AUR to the newest AUR version

What if I wanted to:
C1) compile all of my packages from ABS (even if it's not a newer version)
C2) install all packages that were compiled from ABS as binaries (unless the binary version is older)
C3) install all packages that were compiled from ABS as binaries (even if the binary version is older)

Offline

#55 2007-04-02 17:14:59

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

cromo wrote:

yaourt 7.0:

507:cromo@kromka:~$ yaourt -Sb openoffice-spell-pl
==> Build openoffice-spell-pl from ABS or ABS/local or AUR

Source Targets: openoffice-spell-pl-20070213-1

Proceed with upgrade? [Y/n]
/usr/bin/makepkg: illegal option -- w

As I said before, srcpac is no more compatible with pacman3 roll
I have rewrite some functions in yaourt that replace abs and srcpac. You can find the first release here:
http://archiwain.free.fr/os/i686/yaourt … pkg.tar.gz

Offline

#56 2007-04-02 17:18:03

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

emphire wrote:

I have bash-completion installed and I miss how pacman would tab-complete arguments for me.  I found an ugly, dirty and quick hack to give yaourt partial bash-completion.  I opened-up /etc/bash_completion.d/archlinux and found the following line (at the end of the file):

complete -o filenames -F _pacman pacman

and added this after it:

complete -o filenames -F _pacman yaourt

It will just do the same completions that pacman does, so it won't complete abs or aur package names.  It also won't do completion for some of yaourt's extra flags.  If the bash_completion package gets upgraded, it will probably just overwrite the file and you'll lose the changes, so it would be more desirable to create a separate file in /etc/bash_completion.d that supports more of yaourts functionality.  But I don't know if I'll get around to it and this quick hack was handy for me.

This is really cool :-)
I have never used bash completion with pacman (too slow) but when I have time, I will try to integrate a new completion file into yaourt's package.

Offline

#57 2007-04-02 17:27:17

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

emphire wrote:

I have a few questions about yaourt and upgrades.  I'm a little nervous to just test and see what happens as it might be hard to undo if things don't go as planned.

Say I have a bunch of packages.  Some are installed from binary packages others are installed from source in ABS.  How would I upgrade:
A1) all of them to the newest binary package?
with yaourt 0.6.5 and srcpac:  just remove all /var/lib/srcpac/* files, then yaourt -Syu
with yaourt 0.7.1 and customizepkg: just remove /etc/customizepkg.d/* files,  then yaourt -Syu
A2) all of them to the from the newest source in ABS?
with yaourt 0.6.5 and srcpac: just yaourt -Sybu
with yaourt 0.7.1 and customizepkg, your have to list packages to be compiled in /etc/customizepkg.d/; then yaourt -Syu
A3) all of the ones that were installed from binaries to the newest binaries and all the of the ones that were from ABS to the newest version in ABS?
yaourt -Syu

What if I also have some packages from AUR and I want to:
B1) upgrade as everything else and leave the AUR packages as they are
yaourt -Syu
B2) upgrade only my AUR packages? (and not any packages I installed from binary or ABS)
yaourt -Syu --aur
B3) upgrade the binary and ABS packages as in (A3) and upgrade the packages installed from AUR to the newest AUR version
yaourt -Syu

What if I wanted to:
C1) compile all of my packages from ABS (even if it's not a newer version)
-> at this time, it's impossible under archlinux without breaking reason of installed packages
C2) install all packages that were compiled from ABS as binaries (unless the binary version is older)
-> not implemented, but can be done manually
C3) install all packages that were compiled from ABS as binaries (even if the binary version is older)
-> not implemented, but can be done manually

Offline

#58 2007-04-02 17:28:36

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

customizepkg is a very very young tool (but safe) that can be found here:
http://forums.archlinux.fr/topic567.html

Offline

#59 2007-04-02 21:48:45

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

last release (fix a bug with PKGDEST):
http://archiwain.free.fr/os/i686/yaourt … pkg.tar.gz

Offline

#60 2007-04-04 16:46:27

rixxon
Member
Registered: 2007-03-09
Posts: 16

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

wain wrote:

last release (fix a bug with PKGDEST):
http://archiwain.free.fr/os/i686/yaourt … pkg.tar.gz

You forgot to change the version number.

dag@erythro ~ % yaourt -V
yaourt 0.7.1 is a pacman wrapper with AUR support and more

dag@erythro ~ % yaourt -Qi yaourt
Name           : yaourt
Version        : 0.7.2-1

Also, when building community packages from the AUR, it says NOT SAFE:

dag@erythro ~ % yaourt --aur -S 9wm

==> Downloading 9wm PKGBUILD from AUR...


Comment by: wizzomafizzo on 20070313 [12:32:08]
Initial release.


9wm 1.2-1 (NOT SAFE): window manager made to emulate plan9's 8 1/2
   First Submitted: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:32:08 +0000
   Last Updated: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:00:50 +0000

Community packages are marked safe in the AUR although it doesn't say anything in the package detail view.

Also, I'm getting this error:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Update: I also noticed a missing parenthesis in the help.

Runing yaourt as a non-privileged user requiers some entries in sudoers file:
  - pacman (remove package + refresh database + install AUR's package)
  - pacdiffviewer (manage pacsave/pacnew files

Last edited by rixxon (2007-04-04 17:01:29)

Offline

#61 2007-04-04 18:12:45

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

rixxon wrote:

dag@erythro ~ % yaourt --aur -S 9wm

==> Downloading 9wm PKGBUILD from AUR...


Comment by: wizzomafizzo on 20070313 [12:32:08]
Initial release.


9wm 1.2-1 (NOT SAFE): window manager made to emulate plan9's 8 1/2
   First Submitted: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:32:08 +0000
   Last Updated: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:00:50 +0000
Community packages are marked safe in the AUR although it doesn't say anything in the package detail view.

Ohh! that should not append  big_smile
You should install 9wm with "yaourt -S 9wm", so yaourt can download binarie from community repository.
If you want to build 9wm from source, you have to use "yaourt -Sb 9wm", so yaourt download sources from ABS.
By forcing yaourt to search for 9wm on unsupported with --aur, yaourt has found the old unsupported page here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/9wm/

rixxon wrote:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

this is a problem between sudo and makepkg. See here:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6208


Thanks for the other notice. They will be fixed in the next release cool

Offline

#62 2007-04-04 21:42:05

rixxon
Member
Registered: 2007-03-09
Posts: 16

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

wain wrote:

Ohh! that should not append  big_smile
You should install 9wm with "yaourt -S 9wm", so yaourt can download binarie from community repository.
If you want to build 9wm from source, you have to use "yaourt -Sb 9wm", so yaourt download sources from ABS.
By forcing yaourt to search for 9wm on unsupported with --aur, yaourt has found the old unsupported page here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/9wm/

Yea I know, just pointing out an issue although you rarely would encounter it (I noticed it by mistake). Point being, if there is no note about safe or unsafe, you can assume it is safe (that is how AUR works). You could always show it as "safety unknown" or something. big_smile

--aur has some "advantages" like comments, someone may want to build community packages from the AUR for some unknown reason, shrug.

Thanks for a cool wrapper, by the way.

Offline

#63 2007-04-05 14:50:53

scarecrow
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2004-11-18
Posts: 714

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

After the last updates (Pacman 3.0.1, yaourt 0.7.2, new fakeroot) yaourt can only install packages from AUR:

$ yaourt vlc
1 extra/libdvbpsi4 0.1.5-1
   MPEG TS and DVB PSI tables library (needed by vlc for streaming)
2 extra/vlc 0.8.6a-6
   VideoLAN Client is a multi-platform MPEG, VCD/DVD, and DivX player.
3 aur/libdvbpsi 20041028-1
   MPEG TS and DVB PSI tables library (needed by vlc for streaming)
4 aur/freeplayer 0.8.4a-2
   FreePlayer is a customized version of vlc designed to work with freebox (www.                                                                                                  free.fr) freeplayer
5 aur/vlc-svn 19637-3
   VideoLAN Client is a multi-platform MPEG, VCD/DVD, and DivX player.SVN Versio                                                                                                  n.
==>  Enter n° (separated by blanks, or a range) of packages to be installed
     Example:   '1 6 7 8 9'   or   '1 6-9'
==>   ----------------------------------------------
==>2

==> Downloading extra/vlc PKGBUILD from AUR...
Error: extra/vlc not found in AUR.

Microshaft delenda est

Offline

#64 2007-04-05 19:42:41

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

rixxon wrote:

--aur has some "advantages" like comments, someone may want to build community packages from the AUR for some unknown reason, shrug.

Ok try that new 0.7.3:
http://archiwain.free.fr/os/i686/yaourt … pkg.tar.gz

Now if you try to build with --aur:

yaourt -S 9wm --aur wrote:

==> Downloading 9wm PKGBUILD from AUR...
==> WARNING: 9wm is now available in [community]. Aborted

you have to use yaourt -Sb:

yaourt -Sb 9wm wrote:

==> Building 9wm with ABS
==> Searching Community AUR page for 9wm


Comment by: wizzomafizzo on 20070313 [12:32:08]
Initial release.


   First Submitted: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:32:08 +0000
   Last Updated: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:00:50 +0000

==> Building 9wm
==> Retrieving PKGBUILD and local sources...
   -> Downloading PKGBUILD in build dir

This is more logical, do you agree?

@scarecrow this bug is fixed in 0.7.3

Last edited by wain (2007-04-05 19:56:45)

Offline

#65 2007-04-06 12:19:36

cromo
Member
From: Czestochowa, Poland
Registered: 2006-09-20
Posts: 87

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

pacman -Syu --aur:


:: Upgrade pacman first? [Y/n] /usr/bin/yaourt: line 1556: [: argument expected

Offline

#66 2007-04-06 14:47:29

rixxon
Member
Registered: 2007-03-09
Posts: 16

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

wain wrote:

This is more logical, do you agree?

I'm just personally a fan of giving users ability to do wierd stuff - just in case. Isn't that philosophy part of what linux is all about?

Offline

#67 2007-04-06 15:26:18

pikass
Member
From: Schwartz space
Registered: 2005-11-28
Posts: 85

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

mutlu_inek wrote:

But what disturbs me is that username and password for AUR are simply put into a file in the home directory. I doubt that there will ever be any exploits regarding our rather tiny distribution, but I simply dislike putting password as clear text somewhere on a harddrive Therefore, I immediately purged aurvote. It would be nice if you could address this in later versions.

Masking the login/password would be rather useless because you send it as plain text every time you log in and the net is far more insecur then your local HD. Relax and dont use the pw for any other service.  wink

Last edited by pikass (2007-04-06 15:26:56)

Offline

#68 2007-04-06 17:52:58

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

rixxon wrote:

I'm just personally a fan of giving users ability to do wierd stuff - just in case. Isn't that philosophy part of what linux is all about?

as a long as that remains securised for users, I agree smile

@cromo:  I can not reproduce this error. Do you have 0.7.3 ?

Offline

#69 2007-04-09 04:44:35

stonecrest
Member
From: Boulder
Registered: 2005-01-22
Posts: 1,190

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

cromo wrote:

pacman -Syu --aur:


:: Upgrade pacman first? [Y/n] /usr/bin/yaourt: line 1556: [: argument expected

I see this too. This occurs when the user does not have customizepkg installed.

if [ $BUILD -eq 1 -o `type -p customizepkg` ] && [ $DOWNLOAD -eq 0 ]; then
ends up evaluating:
if [ $BUILD -eq 1 -o  ] && [ $DOWNLOAD -eq 0 ]; then

I don't know the most elegant way to fix it as my bash skills aren't so great, but I'm sure it's an easy fix for you wink Hope that helps.


I am a gated community.

Offline

#70 2007-04-10 21:55:26

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

quick new version 0.7.4:
http://archiwain.free.fr/os/i686/yaourt … pkg.tar.gz

Changelog:
- Fixed bug when customizepkg is not installed.
- Added semi-auto vote for community packages
- Auto adding "arch" variable when missing in PKGBUILD


Customizepkg can be found on aur now:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … 1&ID=10314

Offline

#71 2007-04-11 17:42:51

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

Daily release ?  => yaourt 0.7.5
http://archiwain.free.fr/os/i686/yaourt … pkg.tar.gz

better support for community package voting

Offline

#72 2007-04-11 23:10:54

gbrunoro
Member
From: Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Registered: 2007-04-04
Posts: 55

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

Really nice cool
I think it would be organized if yaourt -Ss output was like vogo's coloured pacman patch, with the package name in white and the repository name coloured.

Offline

#73 2007-04-13 03:06:33

rata
Member
Registered: 2006-04-10
Posts: 27

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

i have pacman 3.0.1-1 and yaourt 0.7.5-1, but i miss the old -Qe option of pacman. Can you include an option in the next release of yaourt that make this?

Thanks for this great pacman wrapper.

rata

Offline

#74 2007-04-13 18:56:07

equadon
Member
Registered: 2007-04-12
Posts: 25

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

Very nice work wain. I will try this one. Since pacman3 is "libified", will yaourt still be a wrapper or will it use the library?

Offline

#75 2007-04-13 22:01:52

wain
Member
From: France
Registered: 2005-05-01
Posts: 289
Website

Re: yaourt: pacman frontend

gbrunoro wrote:

Really nice cool
I think it would be organized if yaourt -Ss output was like vogo's coloured pacman patch, with the package name in white and the repository name coloured.

I don't know why, but this patch doesn't show color when -Ss roll
Can you take a screenshot please ?

rata wrote:

i have pacman 3.0.1-1 and yaourt 0.7.5-1, but i miss the old -Qe option of pacman. Can you include an option in the next release of yaourt that make this?

Thanks for this great pacman wrapper.

rata

New release 0.7.6 here:
http://archiwain.free.fr/os/i686/yaourt … pkg.tar.gz

I have added 2 options
-Qe  list all packages explicitly installed
-Qd  list all packages installed as a dependency for another package
-Qt  list all missed installed orphans (like pacman -Qe)


equadon wrote:

Very nice work wain. I will try this one. Since pacman3 is "libified", will yaourt still be a wrapper or will it use the library?

As soon as that is possible with bash, yaourt will use libalpm smile

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB