You are not logged in.

#101 2006-12-10 14:38:01

Gullible Jones
Member
Registered: 2004-12-29
Posts: 4,863

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

arox1 wrote:
Gullible Jones wrote:

Screenshot.png.xs.jpg

GTK theme: Murrina-X (modified)
Metacity theme: Innocent-Metacity (part of the Innocent theme collection)
Icons: SnowIsh (index.theme modified to fall back on Tango)
Wallpaper: stOrmblue

Could you share your modification of murrina?

Sure, it's just a modification to gtkrc... Gets rid of the dark scrollbars and maybe some other stuff, and changes some of the colors (IIRC). I wasn't able to get rid of the dark window borders, though, which is why I'm not using the Murrine borders.

Anyway, I've uploaded it to pastebin.archlinux.org. See how you like it.

Offline

#102 2006-12-10 14:59:48

F
Member
Registered: 2006-10-09
Posts: 322

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

lyrae wrote:

zakeba.png.xs.jpg
Fluxbox theme: made by me
Gtk theme: also made by me
Wallpaper is called "Pepper Orient"

Could you please upload your GTK theme, and tell me what file manager you use?

Offline

#103 2006-12-10 15:25:31

abhidg
Member
From: City of Kol
Registered: 2006-07-01
Posts: 184
Website

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

I think the file manager is Thunar.

Offline

#104 2006-12-10 17:58:50

daedalusman
Member
From: CO, USA
Registered: 2006-12-05
Posts: 258

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

Could you upload that icon theme from your screenshot. Those have got to be some of the best icons I have ever seen. Thanks.

Offline

#105 2006-12-10 23:47:37

lyrae
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2006-08-03
Posts: 142

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

F wrote:
lyrae wrote:

zakeba.png.xs.jpg
Fluxbox theme: made by me
Gtk theme: also made by me
Wallpaper is called "Pepper Orient"

Could you please upload your GTK theme, and tell me what file manager you use?

Sure, just uploaded to http://www.customize.org/details/47806.   It is Thunar.

Offline

#106 2006-12-10 23:50:07

lyrae
Member
From: Australia
Registered: 2006-08-03
Posts: 142

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

daedalusman wrote:

Could you upload that icon theme from your screenshot. Those have got to be some of the best icons I have ever seen. Thanks.

The icon theme is called buuf and you can get it at gnome-look.org

Offline

#107 2006-12-11 00:45:14

dolby
Member
From: 1992
Registered: 2006-08-08
Posts: 1,581

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

2006-12-11-024507_1280x1024_scrot.png.xs.jpg2006-12-11-024720_1280x1024_scrot.png.xs.jpg

DE: xfce4-svn
theme: murrina-black a bit modified
file manager thunar
icon theme: gargantuan+gant xfce4
window border style: therapy
window border font: aquafont

for 2007 im thinking of replacing my small xfce panel with conky


There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

Offline

#108 2006-12-11 01:45:38

jnengland77
Member
From: Black Hills, USA
Registered: 2005-05-06
Posts: 111

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

Clean
opnebox8-clean-thumb.png
Dirty
openbox8-dirty-thumb.png
icon set is glass.
wallpaper
The theme is slightly modified.

I have to admit I'm not sure if I really like it yet, usually I have just graytones, and kind of darkish type theme. 

~jnengland77

Offline

#109 2006-12-11 02:15:22

RevertTS
Member
Registered: 2006-02-25
Posts: 85

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

lyrae wrote:

The icon theme is called buuf and you can get it at gnome-look.org

Thanks, I've been needing a new set for Rox.

Offline

#110 2006-12-11 11:26:12

funkyou
Member
From: Berlin, DE
Registered: 2006-03-19
Posts: 848
Website

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

screen1pu9.th.jpg     screen2tg4.th.jpg

KDE(mod) 3.5.5
QTcurve with Karbonit Style
Compiz 0.3.4 with Carbonite Deco

Compiz just runs so much better than beryl. I can use it all the time, even on my aging rig big_smile


want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

Offline

#111 2006-12-11 14:24:48

pix
Member
Registered: 2005-07-07
Posts: 25

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

mini_screenshot_20061511-14h58m31s.jpg mini_screenshot_20061511-14h58m56s.jpg mini_screenshot_20061511-14h59m22s.jpg

Pekwm: pekwm-graphite (modded by me: reduced height)
GTK: Rezlook-graphite
Network menu by me
Conky etc...


Any resemblance to grammar or spelling mistakes is purely coincidental and independant of the willing of the author

Offline

#112 2006-12-11 15:32:09

daedalusman
Member
From: CO, USA
Registered: 2006-12-05
Posts: 258

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

lyrae wrote:
daedalusman wrote:

Could you upload that icon theme from your screenshot. Those have got to be some of the best icons I have ever seen. Thanks.

The icon theme is called buuf and you can get it at gnome-look.org

Ahh, Thanks. The latest release wont install but I was able to get the older version 1.0 release to extract properly and then copy it over to the right directory. This theme is very nice.

Offline

#113 2006-12-11 19:25:03

codemac
Member
From: Cliche Tech Place
Registered: 2005-05-13
Posts: 776
Website

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

pekwm!  I think more of these *box people should be using pekwm instead.  I think the way it handles windows is a lot more usable.

Offline

#114 2006-12-11 19:27:32

codemac
Member
From: Cliche Tech Place
Registered: 2005-05-13
Posts: 776
Website

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

funkyou wrote:

screen1pu9.th.jpg     screen2tg4.th.jpg

I like the theme a lot, but the file browser has such low contrast it would be hard for my shitty eyes to use tongue

Offline

#115 2006-12-11 21:14:47

Crooksey
Member
From: UK ~
Registered: 2006-08-14
Posts: 415
Website

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

dolby wrote:

2006-12-11-024507_1280x1024_scrot.png.xs.jpg2006-12-11-024720_1280x1024_scrot.png.xs.jpg

DE: xfce4-svn
theme: murrina-black a bit modified
file manager thunar
icon theme: gargantuan+gant xfce4
window border style: therapy
window border font: aquafont

for 2007 im thinking of replacing my small xfce panel with conky

I have installed xfce4 and xfce4-goodies, whats he svn part?


Arch Linux since 2006
Python Web Developer + Sys Admin (Gentoo/BSD)

Offline

#116 2006-12-11 23:16:43

dolby
Member
From: 1992
Registered: 2006-08-08
Posts: 1,581

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

Crooksey wrote:

I have installed xfce4 and xfce4-goodies, whats he svn part?

its here


There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

Offline

#117 2006-12-11 23:45:20

funkyou
Member
From: Berlin, DE
Registered: 2006-03-19
Posts: 848
Website

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

codemac wrote:

I like the theme a lot, but the file browser has such low contrast it would be hard for my shitty eyes to use tongue

I have also made 2 other versions that have a little bit more contrast and are brighter... But i just like the darker things with low contrast - easier for my eyes smile


want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

Offline

#118 2006-12-12 08:11:56

pix
Member
Registered: 2005-07-07
Posts: 25

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

codemac wrote:

pekwm!  I think more of these *box people should be using pekwm instead.  I think the way it handles windows is a lot more usable.

Yeah, Give me five, brother!  big_smile


Any resemblance to grammar or spelling mistakes is purely coincidental and independant of the willing of the author

Offline

#119 2006-12-12 10:06:05

icrave
Member
Registered: 2006-04-11
Posts: 193

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

2006-12-12-110951_1280x1024_scrot.png.xs.jpg

wm, openbox, of course.
gtk-theme, rezlooks-l&d
ob-theme, gehtehkah
wallpaper, a dark pink mod of "request_grey"
apps, conky & visibility

Offline

#120 2006-12-12 13:11:12

mucknert
Member
From: Berlin // Germany
Registered: 2006-06-27
Posts: 510

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

icrave wrote:

...
apps, conky & visibility

Do you have a working PKGBUILD for visibility? If yes: please post or put in on the AUR. Thanks! smile


Todays mistakes are tomorrows catastrophes.

Offline

#121 2006-12-12 13:54:59

funkyou
Member
From: Berlin, DE
Registered: 2006-03-19
Posts: 848
Website

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

...and my gnome desktop for testing & playing:

bildschirmfotout0.th.jpg


want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

Offline

#122 2006-12-12 14:07:30

icrave
Member
Registered: 2006-04-11
Posts: 193

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

mucknert wrote:
icrave wrote:

...
apps, conky & visibility

Do you have a working PKGBUILD for visibility? If yes: please post or put in on the AUR. Thanks! smile

It's in nooms repo.

[nooms]
Server = http://arch.nooms.de/pkg/i686


smile.

Offline

#123 2006-12-12 15:09:43

mucknert
Member
From: Berlin // Germany
Registered: 2006-06-27
Posts: 510

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

Perfect! Thanks heaps!


Todays mistakes are tomorrows catastrophes.

Offline

#124 2006-12-12 15:32:06

mutze13
Member
From: germany
Registered: 2006-05-06
Posts: 107

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

icrave wrote:

2006-12-12-110951_1280x1024_scrot.png.xs.jpg

wm, openbox, of course.
gtk-theme, rezlooks-l&d
ob-theme, gehtehkah
wallpaper, a dark pink mod of "request_grey"
apps, conky & visibility

Nice Desk!

small update:
fvwm_121206.png.xs.jpg
I have modified the wallpaper and added a function that minimize all windows to thumbs if I switch to another desk.

Offline

#125 2006-12-12 17:30:44

harlekin
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2006-07-13
Posts: 408

Re: December 2006 Screenshots

mutze13: When seeing your wallpaper I was like. "Mh, damn nice. Looks kinda wmii. I'd like to have this WM running." Good, that I didn't read your nickname. Otherwise it would be like "Mh, mutze13 again. Awesome as usual. Nothing new to notice." (; Great work!


Hail to the thief!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB