You are not logged in.

#51 2022-05-28 20:06:29

seth

Re: Horrible mic feedback loop.

I hope this is a massive language barrier and you're not just trolling … https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear

seth wrote:

Please clarify whether the "horrible mic feedback" only appears in the discord recording or whether you can actually hear that immediately.

#52 2022-05-28 20:57:48

pvpmartins

Our barrier here is obviously about understanding each other.
Yes. I trolled.

Because I keep saying the same thing over and over and over and you don't seem to get what my dificulties are.

I HEAR THE FREAKING FEEDBACK LOOP AT ANY TIME I USE A TOOL TO RETURN THE MIC INPUT AND ANYONE WHO`S IN A CALL WITH ME ALSO DOES.

I can't be more specific. So if you were about to keep using your same guiding methods you've been doing so far, let's consider that thread ended.

Last edited by pvpmartins (2022-05-28 20:58:32)

#53 2022-05-29 05:26:52

seth

I HEAR THE FREAKING FEEDBACK LOOP AT ANY TIME I USE A TOOL TO RETURN THE MIC INPUT

So you can trigger it w/ certain alsamixer settings on the multi-user.target?
Which ones? Because, again: there're TWO microphones and teh BOTH have boosters and it will also be relevant whether which RECORDING devices have to be active.

We're not getting ahead because you seem to be unwilling to even test that…

#54 2022-05-30 01:28:35

pvpmartins

seth wrote:

So you can trigger it w/ certain alsamixer settings on the multi-user.target?

I can't. I don't know how to return the mic input once i`m on multi-user. I i think i have already made that clear.

By the way, I have already erased my partition. Gonna start another system. And only now you are asking me this.

Sorry, but you didn't help me shit. Good to know you, seth... I will remember that name the next time I post something asking for help.

#55 2022-05-30 04:02:05

progandy

You were always talking about a feedback loop which generally means
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_feedback
and could be easily apparent trough your normal speakers if it isn't completely internal to the sound card.

I can't. I don't know how to return the mic input once i`m on multi-user. I i think i have already made that clear.

One, I posted some examples for that.
Two, seth also asked you to clarify what you mean with audio feedback. You never answered.

Good luck on your further journey.

Last edited by progandy (2022-05-30 04:04:04)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#56 2022-05-30 04:29:39

seth

pvpmartins wrote:

Good to know you, seth... I will remember that name the next time I post something asking for help.

Great. Please immediately inform me to not again waste my time on you.

#57 2022-05-30 09:49:43

pvpmartins

progandy wrote:

seth also asked you to clarify what you mean with audio feedback. You never answered.

I have posted a fucking video that i’ve uploaded on youtube showing that. IT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU SHOWED ON THAT ARTICLE. fuck.

Last edited by pvpmartins (2022-05-30 09:52:58)

#58 2022-05-30 10:01:01

seth

The problem w/ the video is that we don't know whether the recording is from an external microphone or the artifact is in the recording only (that's why I asked this a couple of times … unanswered)
If the artifact is however audible over the speakers, you should have no trouble whatsoever to cause it by altering microphone and recording settings in the mixer (what will feed the mic into the speakers and the speaker output reverberating through the mic causing the artifact) and we'd then know which audio IO combination is responsible - you however seem to struggle to understand that either.

From your emotional outburst, I assume that "erasing the partition" did not yield any desired outcome - feel free to re-approach this topic when you're willing to do so in a somewhat structured and rational approach.

Last edited by seth (2022-05-30 10:01:52)

#59 2022-06-04 22:39:07

pvpmartins

seth wrote:

The problem w/ the video is that we don't know whether the recording is from an external microphone or the artifact is in the recording only (that's why I asked this a couple of times … unanswered)

I can`t answer it. how can I figure it out? I know you told me to boot on multi-user, but once I`m there, I don`t know how to proceed.

seth wrote:

If the artifact is however audible over the speakers, you should have no trouble whatsoever to cause it by altering microphone and recording settings in the mixer (what will feed the mic into the speakers and the speaker output reverberating through the mic causing the artifact) and we'd then know which audio IO combination is responsible - you however seem to struggle to understand that either.

I kinda understand it. You are not sure if the feedback loop is caused by the speakers feeding the mic, right?! 

seth wrote:

From your emotional outburst, I assume that "erasing the partition" did not yield any desired outcome - feel free to re-approach this topic when you're willing to do so in a somewhat structured and rational approach.

It didn't. not even manjaro worked.

#60 2022-06-06 07:02:06

seth

I can`t answer it. how can I figure it out? I know you told me to boot on multi-user, but once I`m there, I don`t know how to proceed.

We've been there multiple times…

1. I guess at this point you're not hearing the "horrible mic feedback", correct?
2. Run alsamixer, you should see sth. like https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … amixer.png
3. F3 and F4 allow you to switch between playback and capture devices, "m" toggles a devices mute state and the up and down keys change the volume
4. Start to enable/level up devices until you hear the "horrible mic feedback" - the most interesting devices are going to be the microphes and their boosters
5. report your findings, even if enabling all devices and ramping up their volumes to the absolute maximum doesn't cause this at all

Board footer