You are not logged in.

#26 2022-08-25 05:51:17

walkingstickfan

Re: [SOLVED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

furycd001 wrote:

Here is my cpuinfo. I'm running on a Dell optiplex 7010. I don't have access to any other computers that are running either Linux or Nvidia. Is there anything I can do without having to switch to another distro like Debian or Fedora ?? Could I maybe even rollback the necessary packages & then hold them to stop them from being updated ??

If you're not already doing so and you have the knowledge on how to do it, I would highly recommend running more than one distro on your computer so that you always have a fallback for situations like this. Rolling releases can break sometimes, so it's good to have a fallback. I run Debian Stable and Debian Unstable in addition to Arch Linux on both of my computers.

Arch Linux with Openbox & Tint2

#27 2022-08-25 06:41:44

furycd001

Re: [SOLVED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

walkingstickfan wrote:
furycd001 wrote:

Here is my cpuinfo. I'm running on a Dell optiplex 7010. I don't have access to any other computers that are running either Linux or Nvidia. Is there anything I can do without having to switch to another distro like Debian or Fedora ?? Could I maybe even rollback the necessary packages & then hold them to stop them from being updated ??

If you're not already doing so and you have the knowledge on how to do it, I would highly recommend running more than one distro on your computer so that you always have a fallback for situations like this. Rolling releases can break sometimes, so it's good to have a fallback. I run Debian Stable and Debian Unstable in addition to Arch Linux on both of my computers.

I thought about doing this in the past, but never really got into it. I recently installed ventoy on a usb though & it's amazing. Yesterday I literally just forgot that I had it sitting in the other room....

- - - -

Board footer