You are not logged in.

#26 2023-09-27 15:14:11

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Installation from package list doesn't work [SOLVED]

archqt wrote:

there is no need to get mad/angry with  your reply.

Strictly speaking, you are right.  There is no need to get angry, and it is not really productive.  But it is more than understandable - to the point that it's baffling that you'd be surprised that your would be helpers are angry at this point.

You note that you posted the wrong output.  Mistakes happen.  But virtually every single bit of information you've provided in this thread has been flagrantly incorrect.  You had the proper command to generate the list in your first post - and you said that's what you used.  But only later did we learn that you actually used a completely different command.

Take time to craft your posts when you need help.  Layout the information, and double check it for accuracy before posting.  If you feed us incorrect information we'll give you incorrect solutions.  In many cases an incorrect solution can make problems worse!  On top of that you'll quickly alienate anyone who might be willing to try to help you.

There is no need to get mad.  But there is definitely no need for you to take steps to make people mad.  It's your thread, and your problem you are seeking a solution for.  We each strive to keep the thread civil, but frankly you're the only one with anything to loose if that fails.  So a little more effort from you to that end would be wise.

And really, being mad, crass, blunt, rude, etc, may all be harmful to progress of a thread, but each of these much less so than falsified diagnostic information.  So if you expect leeway with your mistakes in derailing the thread with false information, perhaps you could give a little leeway when others get frustrated by this.

Last edited by Trilby (2023-09-27 15:19:35)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#27 2023-09-27 15:27:18

archqt

seth wrote:

Please use "LC_ALL=C", stop arguing with Scimmia - you're on the very short end of that stick and (I still speak that much french…) post the output of

pacman -Qenq | grep -i dolphin; pacman -Qeq | grep -i dolphin

I'm on my first computer so here is the output of the command

pacman -Qenq | grep -i dolphin; pacman -Qeq | grep -i dolphin
dolphin
dolphin

I'm not at work now so for the other computer it will be tomorrow (sorry)

#28 2023-09-27 15:32:41

seth

Anything you run on a system that is not the target system (ie. where you want to draw the list of installed packages from) is completely useless.

#29 2023-09-27 15:39:33

archqt

Output of pacman -Qenq | grep -i dolphin is empty
Output of pacman -Qeq | grep -i dolphin is empty

pacman -Qqen > repo_packages.txt

On the second computer i did
sudo pacman -S --needed - < repo_packages.txt

And it works dolphin was installed. I just need to try to do the same with aur
Thanks

Last edited by archqt (2023-09-28 09:18:59)

Board footer