You are not logged in.

#26 2024-03-08 11:04:27

b0ss_

Re: Stuck at triggering uevents after 6.6.13 update

seth wrote:

That's a different problem and disabling acpi will prevent a lot of things from working.
It's a debugging step, not a solution.

See whether there's a firmware update (UEFI/BIOS) availble for your system and if you're dual-booting, see the 3rd link below. Mandatory.
Disable it (it's NOT the BIOS setting!) and reboot windows and linux twice for voodo reasons.

Although this machine did come with Win10 installed, I never used it. Do you think that would cause issues? sad

About the acpi option: yeah, you're right. I'm just kinda out of options at this point. Sorry hmm

#27 2024-03-08 13:10:08

Succulent of your garden

Many thanks Seth for the links and info.  I know what gpu I have, just not sure if is a tahiti model. I'll research in my free time and read in more detail the commit of the Linux Kernel about a year ago. Now I'm posting this in my time where I must be learning Kubernetes, but many thanks for the info, Really appreciated. I'm learning a lot.

Also many thanks B0ss_ for the tip. As Seth saids, I don't think that's a good idea, but I'll check when I have time to see if the acpi=off parameter works also in my case to bypass the problem. Also I really appreciate your help in this. Let us know if you are using dualboot with Windows and how (chainloaded or by separate drives), maybe we can help you.This issue happened long time ago as it seems and came back now. I  really don't like the state of the art right now in hardware development of comercial computers. There is that bug of intel sound chip with snd-hda, that in some cases doesn't have a solution, and now this amd issue. So it makes me the impression that you will be always taking some risk because of the lack of quality QA testing now days.

Have both a nice day

#28 2024-03-08 13:16:28

b0ss_

Succulent of you garden wrote:

Let us know if you are using dualboot with Windows and how (chainloaded or by separate drives), maybe we can help you.

I'm not using dualboot, haven't done that for years now haha. But if you guys want to help (PLEASE HELP), I made a post myself at https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=293576.

My disk setup is pretty basic. I use a 256GB SSD for the / and /boot partitions, while my /home is in a 1TB HDD. I don't think that's the issue, though... I've used this kind of setup for years now. I'll try to check the motherboard and get myself a BIOS update (if Lenovo has some available of course).

I really don't wanna go buy a Xeon kit lol.

Thanks.

#29 2024-03-12 11:01:24

Succulent of your garden

b0ss_ wrote:
Succulent of you garden wrote:

Let us know if you are using dualboot with Windows and how (chainloaded or by separate drives), maybe we can help you.

I'm not using dualboot, haven't done that for years now haha. But if you guys want to help (PLEASE HELP), I made a post myself at https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=293576.

My disk setup is pretty basic. I use a 256GB SSD for the / and /boot partitions, while my /home is in a 1TB HDD. I don't think that's the issue, though... I've used this kind of setup for years now. I'll try to check the motherboard and get myself a BIOS update (if Lenovo has some available of course).

I really don't wanna go buy a Xeon kit lol.

Thanks.

I'll be checking your new post. Thanks, Also I don't wanna go buy Xeon kit, in that case I will addapt a Fax machine with ethernet and put the RJ-45 cable in a old Typewriter somehow lol.

EDIT: Congratulations in solving your issue with your gpu big_smile. Hope you Lenovo doesn't crash again with this issue.

Last edited by Succulent of your garden (2024-03-12 11:47:28)

#30 2024-03-12 11:58:20

Succulent of your garden

I'll check in the next days to drop my Linux hardened version to use the LTS instead, and see if wayland and Hyprland works. Maybe this is a fast solution that could last until 2026 to my issue and for others that use Radeon integrated graphics and want to use wayland for some reason. 

But I want to be sure to not lose my hardened kernel, so in any case I can recover the machine fast, and also I don't waste to much time in changing the kernel. If I do sudo pacman -S linux-lts will be still in cache some of the linux hardened kernels, so I can recover with pacman wihtout downloading it again ?  Also the current version of the LTS kernel in arch repo is 6.6.2, but in kernel.org you can see other kernels like 6.6.1 still having support until 2026. If I use pacman -S linux-lts=6.6.1 could I install more older kernels with LTS support ? Just in case if 6.6.2 doesn't works.

Last edited by Succulent of your garden (2024-03-12 12:00:46)

Board footer