You are not logged in.
Ie. the wireplumber upddate causes pipewire-pulse errors but pipewire fails silently (ie. no sound but also no errors)?
I had a quick look through my journal and, though I see some errors relating to pipewire, pipewire-pulse, and wireplumber, none of them really seem to correlate with whether or not I hear audio. Also they show in logs months ago. Maybe my audio setup is just sort of held together with duct-tape in general.
So I guess it kind of failed silently, because the no-audio issue doesn't correspond to a clear error message as far as I can tell, and it didn't make any programmes visibly crash.
Anyway, I'm not trying to troubleshoot right now since my audio works after a downgrade. Maybe this information will be useful to others trying to figure out what's going on, though.
EDIT: Wait, was what I quoted a response to me? It's hard to tell, because it's above the part where you quoted me, but some people on forums put responses above quotes instead of below them.
Last edited by 256 (Yesterday 16:34:39)
"Don't comment bad code - rewrite it." - The Elements of Programming Style (1978), Brian W. Kernighan & P. J. Plauger, p. 144.
Online
Ie. the wireplumber upddate causes pipewire-pulse errors but pipewire fails silently (ie. no sound but also no errors)?
So, all the time we think it's wireplumber but it's actually pipewire
. Thank you for sharing all the information, and good to know that they already identify it and work on it. Hopefully, it will fix soon.
Offline
No, that sentence just summarizes the symptoms on your system.
Wireplumber is a session and policy manager for pipewire, its update breaks it so it's wireplumber's fault.
Offline