You are not logged in.

#26 2007-07-09 15:37:38

gyo

Re: [request] Descent and Descent 2

Sorry, but I can't see any relationship between Cedega's PKGBUILD and my PKGBUILDs.

The aim of my PKGBUILD is to provide legal files (i.e. without copyrighted datas included). In other words, I would like my packages to be included in the community repro (AUR packages are potentially supported packages AFAIK). So that's why I do my PKGBUILD like this : it installs binaries and install datas if the user have them.
Almost every PKGBUILD in AUR that requires non-free datas (doom3, quake4, quake3, etc.) works like this.

You prefer to do a PKGBUILD as an ebuild, your PKGBUILD will never become a supported package.

ezzetabi wrote:

About the copyright fact nothing force you putting a complete url, you can (and in this case must) put in the source array only the filename as I did in this thread.

Ok, but it means if you want to upload your PKGBUILD, you have to upload those files too (isn't it?).

An other good idea maybe making two packages, one with the engine and one with the levels. Of course the latter have the former as dependence and the user must give the files. In this case it is unnecessary, but it can be useful for programs what are useful both with commercial data or without...

You can't do .pkg.tar.gz with copyrighted datas...

About the post_upgrade,,, the question was indirect. As far I as know if you install the version n and copy the data files without passing for the package upgrading the package to version n+1 will keep them intact, why ask the user again to give them?

He may have removed datas files meanwhile... the post_install asks the user if he wants to continue with datas installation.

Voting for a package I do not like? Why? wink This is personal, of course, but I like the `KISS' idea... Your package does not follow it.

I think my package is KISS

Personally I do not like also the .desktop file since in my system have no use, the icon have no use.

I don't use it too, I do my packages for the community not only for me smile

Btw... just because we are in quick-to-hate world... This messages are not against you, but only a way for learning something about package making and share ideas.

You're welcome smile

PS : after considering, I will move all files to /opt instead of /usr, and I will directly use icons provide directly by dxx-rebirth.de (thanks brebs)

Board footer