You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-31 08:41:50

hjorthboggild

Openoffice and font rendering

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to have openoffice render my fonts the same way as fonts are being rendered in other programs? It obviosly doesn't seem to care about the .fonts.conf file, but instead seems to have it's own rendering technique, which gives me very bad font rendering. I don't know why Openoffice has chosen to do it's own font rendering, but is there anyway to change that?
The only option for font rendering in Openoffice is turning antialiasing on and off from a certain font size, but there's nothing about autohinter or subpixel hinting etc.

Regards,
Simon

#2 2007-05-31 15:20:55

Bogart

Re: Openoffice and font rendering

Are you using DejaVu as your default fonts? I use them and noticed that OpenOffice rendered them much worse that the rest of the programs, so I went to Tools > Options > Fonts and selected DejaVu Sans to be always replaced with Bitstream Vera Sans. That solved the problem for me.

#3 2007-05-31 22:31:39

hjorthboggild

It's not any font in particular, it's all fonts that are being rendered differently than in other programs, and this can only be due to the fact that Openoffice for some reason has its own way of rendering fonts. I don't know why and I don't know how to make it render fonts the way other programs do.

#4 2007-05-31 23:06:27

hussam
Website

Our OpenOffice  uses a patch that should respect your fontconfig settings. hjorthboggild, could you please post a screenshot?

Board footer