You are not logged in.

#26 2007-10-12 14:22:28

Noneus
Website

Re: MMORPG on linux!?

Everything is fine with cedega. Sometimes you get wierd looking graphics of faces or the fitting screen's background. But that's it.

#27 2007-10-12 20:15:50

Hrisebro

Lovley.

Im from the cold contry of Norway O.o

#28 2007-10-13 13:53:23

plut0nium
Website

Negher wrote:

I use it with WINE 0.9.44 and works flawlessy, apart from the sound which have to be disabled in order to make the client functioning as of now. Maybe future versions of WINE will fix that behaviour, but for now I can survive without it.

My client works at 1280x800 and I have no framerate problems at all.

It's quite sometime I don't use Cedega to run it, so I'll pass to someone better than me to explain the "Cedega experience" wink.

Tell me if you need some other informations.

Bye bye wink.

do you run it on a 64bit install ?

Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes...

#29 2007-10-17 09:51:54

Negher
Website

No, I run it on a 32bit install unfortunately.

A little update: only thing needed to run EVE Online on Arch is the copy of arial fonts from my Win partition. With 0.9.46 sounds work just fine.

Che cos'e' il genio ? E' fantasia, intuizione, colpo d'occhio e velocita' di esecuzione.

#30 2007-10-17 12:08:49

nogoma

buttons wrote:

Guild Wars runs quite well with a couple command-line tweaks.  I don't play it much anymore, though.  Free to play after the initial investment, plus whatever expansions you might decide you want.

I just started playing this again; I used to run it under cedega, and was hugely surprised/delighted to learn it runs quite well under wine. Just out of curiosity, what command-line tweaks do you mean? Anything that noticably improves performance (not that it's all that sluggish currently).

-nogoma
---
Code Happy, Code Ruby!
http://www.last.fm/user/nogoma/

#31 2007-10-17 13:10:11

buttons

nogoma wrote:
buttons wrote:

Guild Wars runs quite well with a couple command-line tweaks.  I don't play it much anymore, though.  Free to play after the initial investment, plus whatever expansions you might decide you want.

I just started playing this again; I used to run it under cedega, and was hugely surprised/delighted to learn it runs quite well under wine. Just out of curiosity, what command-line tweaks do you mean? Anything that noticably improves performance (not that it's all that sluggish currently).

What I currently use:

#!/bin/sh
export WINEDEBUG=-all
wine "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" -dsound -dx8 -noshaders && nvidia-settings -l

Not actually performance enhancing, no.

Since at least .44, wine refused to start guild wars without at least -dsound and -noshaders.  The only real performance enhancing things (besides the requisite winedebug killall) reside in registry tweaks, though I'm not even sure if those are required anymore.

The nvidia bit restores gamma after guildwars mucks it up.

Cthulhu For President!

#32 2007-10-17 13:27:13

nogoma

buttons wrote:

Since at least .44, wine refused to start guild wars without at least -dsound and -noshaders.  The only real performance enhancing things (besides the requisite winedebug killall) reside in registry tweaks, though I'm not even sure if those are required anymore.

Well, I know you said you don't really play anymore, but I'm currently running it no problem (no flags) under wine-git (w/ an nvidia card). Of course, this means that I'm constantly pacman -U'ing between my git package and the official package, as some other programs don't run under the -git version roll.

-nogoma
---
Code Happy, Code Ruby!
http://www.last.fm/user/nogoma/

Board footer