You are not logged in.

#26 2007-09-17 21:42:33

Doehni

Re: core repository

@ The_ouroboros:
To avoid update issues with KDE from 'extra' and 'KDEmod', I think it's better to place the KDEmod repo at the top of the repo-list.
I once had problems because extra wanted to update my kdemod, but the problem was solved my moving the kdemod repo on top of my list.

#27 2007-09-18 04:58:45

Leigh

Cerebral wrote:
berbae wrote:

It's just an idea seeing the bomb beside the /etc/pacman.d/core file .;)

In pacman 3.1 that file will be gone, so no worries. wink

It bothered me even though it didn't seem to be a problem. I just edited the file properties of the core file so file managers saw it as a txt file rather than a crash file. Anyway, it's pretty cool that pacman 3.1 will condense pacman.d into one file. I think that will make it more kiss-ish smile

Although the core change seemed to go well with my last update, I found a lot of glitchs with missing libs. Most of them I sorted out, but a few I'm sure was due to the repository im using not being totally synced up to date. Hopefully everything will go back to normal when I update later tonight.

I know arch is a rolling release, but I think sometimes the updates are too quick and speratic! Like I can't keep up! Ugh. I usually update the system on the weekend, but often, I'll find something broken, or a minor glitch here and there due to an update that I missed, and is normally fixed after another -Syu.

The Updates just seem a little unorganized, but's it's probably just me having bad timing!

Last edited by Leigh (2007-09-18 05:30:08)

-- archlinux 是一个极好的 linux

#28 2007-09-18 06:34:40

The_ouroboros

Doehni wrote:

@ The_ouroboros:
To avoid update issues with KDE from 'extra' and 'KDEmod', I think it's better to place the KDEmod repo at the top of the repo-list.
I once had problems because extra wanted to update my kdemod, but the problem was solved my moving the kdemod repo on top of my list.

tnks 4 the tip!

Gnu/Linux User on Arch(x86_64)

#29 2007-09-18 16:28:43

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

shining wrote:
The_ouroboros wrote:

That's it!

Well, no need to use two different files, you can do this directly in pacman.conf .

I agree, this seems to be a regression to the original behaviour.

Now if you had a single mirror list and automatically appended the /.../.../repository list, that would make sense.

Dusty

#30 2007-09-18 17:49:50

shining
Pacman Developer

Dusty wrote:

Now if you had a single mirror list and automatically appended the /.../.../repository list, that would make sense.

In pacman 3.1 , the mirror list looks like :

# United States
Server = ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/$repo/os/i686
Server = ftp://ftp.nethat.com/pub/linux/archlinux/$repo/os/i686

and pacman.conf :

[current]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

[extra]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

I'm much happier with a single mirror list smile

pacman roulette : pacman -S $(pacman -Slq | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))

Board footer