You are not logged in.

#26 2008-08-24 03:42:09

lonecat

Re: 6024W and two finger scrolling

lol my laptop's mobo broke completely... so i never got to test the patch xD but hey! It works for other people! Damn Thank you guys!

#27 2008-08-24 09:32:37

gondil

Oh lonecat, that's sad.. I hope your next laptop will also have two-finger-scroll-issues tongue

SooW and supersako, I'm really glad it helped with you too. Probably the kernel guys will write some better code for this eventually but in the meanwhile, I think it has a good place here at the Arch forums.

#28 2008-08-24 16:46:07

SooW

By "you should post it somewhere", I meant somewhere with a better page rank (Synaptics troubleshooting might be a good place, at least for a link to this topic). Also, be sure that your tarball is available smile Maybe a diff with the original driver could be posted.

#29 2008-09-15 21:46:21

tmadhavan

So did anyone get this working on a Zepto machine? I've just come and checked here and I see that some great progress has been made (thanks to all who've worked hard to get it working) but I tried the custom psmouse module and everything just went crazy - the cursor flies around all over the place, clicking, dragging things, all kinds of madness.

I'm not sure if it's to do with my touchpad or maybe some of my other xorg settings (in serverlayout etc) - could someone who has this working please post a full copy of their xorg file? I'd like to take a look and see if I can get it working.

Thanks a lot

#30 2008-11-11 18:16:55

gondil

Hi all,

I have been very busy before, I'm sorry for my late reaction.
To make things easier, I submitted an package named synaptics-mod http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21387 on AUR, installing and uninstalling my custom kernel module is very simple now (with i.e. yaourt). You can post comments there if you have problems with the package.

Please notice that this package will only work on laptops with a Synaptics-touchpad, other brands are not supported by this module.

tmadhavan, there were some updates to the kernel sources, you can try if this new package is working with you. Your xorg.conf has to contain an InputDevice section with the right device location and additional paramaters (see above) to enable two-finger scrolling. When the device is configured automatically with hal and evdev, two-finger scrolling will not be activated.

And that, rpall, is probably why synclient -m 15 doesn't work the first time you installed the module, evdev supports hotplugging, but doesn't enable SHMConfig by standard. If your xorg.conf contains Option "SHMConfig" "on" and Option "Device" "/path/to/touchpad" is correct, it will probably work. To find this path, you can look in /dev/input/by-path/ or execute lshal and search for a synaptics device in the output.

Last edited by gondil (2008-11-11 18:29:33)

Board footer