You are not logged in.

#51 2007-12-30 20:38:37

somairotevoli

Re: tupac (TUrbo PACman) - a cached pacman implementation. UPDATED 0.5.6.1

I just came across this thread and decided to try tupac out and I am getting this error:

sudo tupac
==> Generating TUPAC_CACHE

Warning: fopen(/var/lib/pacman/current/core.db.tar.gz/desc): failed to open stream: Not a directory in /usr/bin/tupac on line 488

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/bin/tupac on line 490

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/bin/tupac on line 499
FATAL: Integrity error! The package is corrupted! Its directory name 'core.db.tar.gz' doesn't match its description name:

#52 2008-01-01 15:14:34

Pajaro

0.3.4:
- Now yaourt is only used when installing packages from aur... It was a big delay for nothing.
- You can specify working repos with --repos repo1,repo2,...

#53 2008-01-01 15:27:41

Pajaro

somairotevoli wrote:

I just came across this thread and decided to try tupac out and I am getting this error:

sudo tupac

Warning: fopen(/var/lib/pacman/current/core.db.tar.gz/desc): failed to open stream: Not a directory in /usr/bin/tupac on line 488

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/bin/tupac on line 490

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/bin/tupac on line 499
FATAL: Integrity error! The package is corrupted! Its directory name 'core.db.tar.gz' doesn't match its description name:

The problem is with the file "core.db.tar.gz". That file is not supposed to be there. It is a database tarball, and database tarballs are supposed to be only in repositories.

If you have a reason to have it there please explain. Otherwise you can simply erase that file. Keep in mind that i wrote tupac with the idea that "/var/lib/pacman" follows the rules of pacman (execept in the point that, by now, tupac doesn't parse pacman.conf to see which are the available repos).

Also, the file "core.db.tar.gz" is inside the directory "current". "current" is not a repository anymore. It is in the servers for backwards compatibility, but is is just a symbolic link to "core". As i see, you can erase current directory (carefully... "local" is sacred tongue).

#54 2008-01-01 15:35:01

Pajaro

0.3.4.1:
- Fixed a bug that prevented installing when there were only search matches in aur

#55 2008-01-02 02:52:15

sinister99

Pajaro wrote:
somairotevoli wrote:

sudo tupac

The problem is with the file "core.db.tar.gz". That file is not supposed to be there. It is a database tarball, and database tarballs are supposed to be only in repositories.

If you have a reason to have it there please explain. Otherwise you can simply erase that file. Keep in mind that i wrote tupac with the idea that "/var/lib/pacman" follows the rules of pacman (execept in the point that, by now, tupac doesn't parse pacman.conf to see which are the available repos).

Also, the file "core.db.tar.gz" is inside the directory "current". "current" is not a repository anymore. It is in the servers for backwards compatibility, but is is just a symbolic link to "core". As i see, you can erase current directory (carefully... "local" is sacred tongue).

Found a bug sorta related to this info:

After I first ran tupac, I added 2 more repositories.  Tupac doesn't query these repositories.

#56 2008-01-02 06:43:24

somairotevoli

Pajaro wrote:
somairotevoli wrote:

sudo tupac

Thanks, removed current, now it's working.

#57 2008-01-02 08:40:17

Pajaro

you are welcome

#58 2008-01-13 14:05:19

Pajaro

0.3.4.2:
- Updated to work with pacman 3.1

#59 2008-01-18 15:08:05

Pajaro

0.3.5:
- Now it returns all aur results! (not limited to 200 anymore)
- Added --safe option to search only for safe packages in aur
- Added --set-proxy option to setup a proxy. See "tupac --help".

Last edited by Pajaro (2008-01-18 15:18:38)

#60 2008-01-20 01:05:28

Pajaro

0.4:
- Improved cache check speed time via new .lastupdate files pacman creates on each repo.
- Added multilanguage suport (it uses LANG variable). Current languages es_ES, es_AR (copy of es_ES), en_US, en_EN (copy of en_EN), ca_ES
- Added gui/cli better wrapping via metalanguage "machine"
- Added "--lang" option to set the language in command line.
- Removed some unneeded verbosity

#61 2008-01-20 01:17:20

Pajaro

If you want to contribute with more languages contact me.

#62 2008-01-20 03:35:12

Pajaro

0.4.1:
- Proxy error message wasn't localized
- Added independent internal versioning for TUPAC_CACHE (now it won't get updated on every tupac update).

#63 2008-01-20 08:25:03

wuischke

I could do a translation to German, but I haven't found any language files. Could you please point me to them?

#64 2008-01-20 10:18:37

Ferhiord

Mikko777 wrote:

well better name than yaourt.

As you see, I'm from Russia, and I don't think that "tupac" is a good name, "yaourt" (yoghurt)  is MUCH better. smile

Sorry, if my English is not very well.

#65 2008-01-20 11:28:41

Pajaro

wuischke wrote:

I could do a translation to German, but I haven't found any language files. Could you please point me to them?

hi

In line 1200 you have the english localization (in 0.4.1 version). On top of the localizations there is a legend explaining the replacement strings.

If you have any further questions, i'm here smile

#66 2008-01-20 14:53:34

ibendiben

Pajaro wrote:

0.4:
- Improved cache check speed time via new .lastupdate files pacman creates on each repo.
- Added multilanguage suport (it uses LANG variable). Current languages es_ES, es_AR (copy of es_ES), en_US, en_EN (copy of en_EN), ca_ES
- Added gui/cli better wrapping via metalanguage "machine"
- Added "--lang" option to set the language in command line.
- Removed some unneeded verbosity

Love you for this! I''l hurry with my first dialogged version of tupac wink

ps. Going to be n.i.c.e !

#67 2008-01-20 17:25:27

wuischke

A little typo in the English translation:

1124: due [b]to[/b]

Ets Català? Ha una traducció al Català...

btw: I'm not 100% content with the current translation, I would be happy if someone could review it.

'de_DE' => array(
        'packageInfoListInstalled'        =>'%c||%r||%p||%v||%i||%d||%s'."\n"
        ,'packageInfoListOtherInstalled'    =>'%c||%r||%p||%v||%i||%d||%s'."\n"
        ,'packageInfoListNotInstalled'        =>'%c||%r||%p||%v||%i||%d||%s'."\n"
        ,'invalidDirectory'            =>'FEHLER: %dir ist kein gültiges Verzeichnis'."\n"
        ,'fileMissing'                =>"\r".'%file: Datei fehlt in %p'."\n"
        ,'recomendRootCheckDir'            =>'WARNUNG: root ist empfohlen. Dateien, auf die nicht zugegriffen werden kann, als fehlend gekennzeichnet.'."\n"
        ,'recomendRootOrphans'            =>'WARNUNG: root ist empfohlen. Dateien, auf die nicht zugegriffen werden kann, nicht verarbeitet.'."\n"
        ,'wrongColorSet'            =>'FEHLER: falsches Farbschema. Verfügbare Schemen sind: darkbg, lightbg, nocolor.'."\n"
        ,'integrityError'            =>'FATALER FEHLER: Integritätsfehler! Das Paket ist beschädigt! Der Verzeichnisname \'%p\' stimmt nicht mit dem Namen in der desc-Datei überein: %desc_name'."\n"
        ,'choosePackages'            =>'==> Paketnummer eingeben, die installiert werden sollen. Auswahl mit Leerzeichen trennen. Beispiel: 1 2 5 14'."\n"
        ,'callingPacman'            =>'pacman wird aufgerufen... Bitte das root-Password eingeben. (Aufgrund eines Fehlers mit einem Kernelupdate wird sudo nicht benutzt.)'."\n"
        ,'callingYaourt'            =>'yaourt wird aufgerufen...'."\n"
        ,'nothingToInstall'            =>'==> Nichts zu installieren'."\n"
        ,'creatingFileList'            =>'==> Erstelle Dateiliste'."\n"
        ,'reusingFileList'            =>'==> Benutze bestehende Dateiliste'."\n"
        ,'corruptedFileList'            =>'==> Bestehende Dateiliste ist beschädigt. Erstelle eine neue.'."\n"
        ,'ownedFile'                =>'%file wird von %p %v bereitgestellt'."\n"
        ,'ownedFileMissing'            =>'%file wurde von %p %v bereitgestellt, aber existiert nicht mehr! Überprüfe die Integrität deines Systems!'."\n"
        ,'unownedFile'                =>'%file gehört zu keinen Paket'."\n"
        ,'unownedFileMissing'            =>'%file gehört zu keinem Paket, aber existiert ohnehin nicht'."\n"
        ,'generatingCache'            =>'==> Erstelle TUPAC_CACHE'."\n"
        ,'generatingCacheCorrupted'        =>'==> Erstelle TUPAC_CACHE neu (Datenbank ist beschädigt.)'."\n"
        ,'generatingCacheTupacUpdated'        =>'==> Erstelle TUPAC_CACHE neu (TUPAC_CACHE-Version wurde aktualisiert.)'."\n"
        ,'generatingCacheDatabaseUpdated'    =>'==> Erstelle TUPAC_CACHE neu (Datenbank wurde aktualisiert.)'."\n"
        ,'repoIsGone'                =>'::-   repo "%r" existiert nicht mehr'."\n"
        ,'repoIsUpdated'            =>'::*   repo "%r" wurde erneuert'."\n"
        ,'repoIsNew'                =>'::+   neue repo "%r"'."\n"
        ,'removePackage'            =>':::--- entferne %p'."\n"
        ,'updatePackage'            =>':::*** aktualisiere %p'."\n"
        ,'addPackage'                =>':::+++ füge %p hinzu'."\n"
        ,'recheckingLocal'            =>':::... prüfe nochmal installierte Pakete'."\n"
        ,'saving'                =>'::: speichere'."\n"
        ,'reusingCache'                =>'==> Verwende wieder existierenden TUPAC_CACHE'."\n"
        ,'cacheNeedRoot'            =>'FEHLER: Um ein TUPAC_CACHE Verzeichnis erstellen zu können, musst du root sein. Sobald es erstellt wurde, kannst du als normaler Nutzer arbeiten.'."\n"
        ,'wrongProxy'                =>'FEHLER: Das Proxy-Format muss [host]:[port] sein. Benutze "none" zum löschen.'."\n"
        ,'usage'                =>'tupac: Eine zwischengespeicherte pacman-Implementierung. Version: '.$GLOBALS['tupac_version']
                                ."\n".''
                                ."\n".' Benutzung:'
                                ."\n".'  tupac [word] [word] [word] ...     : Suche und installiere Pakete, die allen Suchbegriffen [word] entsprechen.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac -Ss [word] [word] [word] ... : Suche nach Paketen, die allen Suchbegriffen [word] entsprechen.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac -Qo [file] [file] [file] ... : Suche die Pakete, die jede Datei [file] bereitstellen.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac --checkdir [directory]       : Überprüfe die Integrität eines Verzeichnisses.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac --orphans [directory]        : Finde Dateien, die zu keinem Paket gehören.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac                              : Aktualisiere nur den Zwischenspeicher'
                                ."\n".'  tupac [anything else]              : Weiterleitung an yaourt'
                                ."\n".'  tupac --set-proxy [host:port|none] : Benutze einen Proxyserver'
                                ."\n".''
                                ."\n".' Modifikatoren:'
                                ."\n".'  --safe                             : Suche nur sichere Pakete'
                                ."\n".'  --noaur                            : Suche nicht in AUR'
                                ."\n".'  --noprompt                         : Stelle keine Fragen'
                                ."\n".'  --color [darkbg|lightbg|nocolor]   : Wähle Farbschema aus'
                                ."\n".'  --repos repo1,repo2,repo3,...      : Lege aktive Paketquellen fest.'
                                ."\n".'  --lang [xx_XX|machine]             : Wähle die Sprache aus'
                                ."\n"
    )

#68 2008-01-20 18:17:22

Pajaro

wuischke,

you based your translation on the "machine" metalanguage. The machine metalanguage is an special way of outputing the information more easyly understood by GUIs and CLIs.

You should base it on a real language, like english en_US.

They are very similar, so don't worry, your work is not lost smile

#69 2008-01-20 19:56:28

wuischke

Another mistake:

,'usage'                =>'tupac: A cached pacman implementation. Version: '.$GLOBALS['tupac_version']

And here's the updated translation. I'm a lot happier about this translation. Should you need an update of this translation, feel free to mail me [forum username]@amule.org, it's suprisingly fun today to do translations. At least more fun than correcting texts and programming string-intensive applications in C. wink

'de_DE' => array(
        'packageInfoListInstalled'        =>'%c %z%r/'.INSTALLEDLIGHT.'%p'.VERSIONLIGHT.' %v'.SAFELIGHT.'%s '.INSTALLMATCHLIGHT.'- Das ist die installierte Version'.NORMAL."\n".'    %d'."\n"
        ,'packageInfoListOtherInstalled'    =>'%c %z%r/'.INSTALLEDLIGHT.'%p'.VERSIONLIGHT.' %v'.SAFELIGHT.'%s '.NORMAL.INSTALLNOTMATCHLIGHT.'- Eine andere Version ist installiert: %i'.NORMAL."\n".'    %d'."\n"
        ,'packageInfoListNotInstalled'        =>'%c %z%r/'.HIGHLIGHT.'%p'.VERSIONLIGHT.' %v'.SAFELIGHT.'%s'.NORMAL."\n".'    %d'."\n"
        ,'invalidDirectory'            =>'FEHLER: %dir ist kein gültiges Verzeichnis'."\n"
        ,'fileMissing'                =>"\r".HIGHLIGHT.'%file'.INEXISTENTLIGHT.' fehlt in '.HIGHLIGHT.'%p'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'recomendRootCheckDir'            =>HIGHLIGHT.'==> Es ist empfohlen --checkdir als root auszuführen, weil Dateien, auf die nicht zugegriffen werden kann, als vermisst gekennzeichnet sind.'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'recomendRootOrphans'            =>HIGHLIGHT.'==> Es ist empfohlen --orphans als root auszuführen, weil Dateien, auf die nicht zugegriffen werden kann, nicht verarbeitet sind.'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'wrongColorSet'            =>'FEHLER: falsches Farbschema. Verfügbare Schemen sind: darkbg, lightbg, nocolor.'."\n"
        ,'integrityError'            =>HIGHLIGHT.'FATALER FEHLER: Integritätsfehler! Das Paket ist beschädigt! Der Verzeichnisname \'%p\' stimmt nicht mit dem Namen in der Datei desc überein: %desc_name'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'choosePackages'            =>HIGHLIGHT.'==> Eingabe der zu installierenden Pakete. Trennung der Auswahl mit Leerzeichen. Beispiel: 1 2 5 14'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'callingPacman'            =>'Aufruf von pacman... Bitte das Passwort von root eingeben. (Aufgrund eines Fehlers mit Kernelaktualisierungen wird sudo nicht benutzt)'."\n"
        ,'callingYaourt'            =>'Aufruf von yaourt...'."\n"
        ,'nothingToInstall'            =>HIGHLIGHT.'==> Nichts zu installieren'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'creatingFileList'            =>'==> Erstelle Dateiliste'."\n"
        ,'reusingFileList'            =>'==> Benutze bestehende Dateiliste'."\n"
        ,'corruptedFileList'            =>'==> Bestehende Dateiliste ist beschädigt. Erstelle eine neue...'."\n"
        ,'ownedFile'                =>'%file'.OWNERLIGHT.' gehört zu Paket %p'.NORMAL.' '.VERSIONLIGHT.'%v'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'ownedFileMissing'            =>INEXISTENTLIGHT.'%file gehörte zu Paket %p'.NORMAL.' '.VERSIONLIGHT.'%v'.INEXISTENTLIGHT.', ist aber nicht mehr existent! Überprüfe die Integrität des Systems!'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'unownedFile'                =>'%file'.UNOWNEDLIGHT.' gehört zu keinem Paket'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'unownedFileMissing'            =>'%file'.INEXISTENTLIGHT.' gehört zu keinem Paket, existiert aber ohnehin nicht'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'generatingCache'            =>'==> Erstelle TUPAC_CACHE'."\n"
        ,'generatingCacheCorrupted'        =>'==> Erstelle TUPAC_CACHE neu (Datenbank ist beschädigt)'."\n"
        ,'generatingCacheTupacUpdated'        =>'==> Erstelle TUPAC_CACHE neu (TUPAC_CACHE-Version wurde aktualisiert)'."\n"
        ,'generatingCacheDatabaseUpdated'    =>'==> Erstelle TUPAC_CACHE neu (Datenbank wurde aktualisiert)'."\n"
        ,'repoIsGone'                =>'::-   repo "%r" existiert nicht mehr'."\n"
        ,'repoIsUpdated'            =>'::*   repo "%r" wurde aktualisiert'."\n"
        ,'repoIsNew'                =>'::+   neue repo "%r"'."\n"
        ,'removePackage'            =>':::--- entferne %p'."\n"
        ,'updatePackage'            =>':::*** aktualisiere %p'."\n"
        ,'addPackage'                =>':::+++ füge %p hinzu'."\n"
        ,'recheckingLocal'            =>':::... überprüfe noch einmal installierte Pakete'."\n"
        ,'saving'                =>'::: speichere'."\n"
        ,'reusingCache'                =>'==> Benutze bestehenden TUPAC_CACHE'."\n"
        ,'cacheNeedRoot'            =>ERRORLIGHT.'FEHLER: Um das TUPAC_CACHE-Verzeichnis erstellen zu können, musst du root sein. Sobald es erstellt ist, kannst du als normaler Nutzer arbeiten.'.NORMAL."\n"
        ,'wrongProxy'                =>'FEHLER: Proxy-Format muss [host]:[port] sein. Nutze "none" zum löschen.'."\n"
        ,'usage'                =>'tupac: Eine zwischengespeicherte pacman-Implementierung. Version: '.$GLOBALS['tupac_version']
                                ."\n".''
                                ."\n".' Benutzung:'
                                ."\n".'  tupac [word] [word] [word] ...     : Suche und installiere alle Pakete, die den Suchbegriffen [word] entsprechen.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac -Ss [word] [word] [word] ... : Suche nach allen Paketen, die den Suchbegriffen [word] entsprechen.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac -Qo [file] [file] [file] ... : Suche nach dem Paket, zu dem die Datei [file] gehört.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac --checkdir [directory]       : Überprüfe die Integrität eines Verzeichnisses.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac --orphans [directory]        : Finde Dateien, die zu keinem Paket zugehörig sind.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac                              : Aktualisiere nur den Zwischenspeicher.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac [anything else]              : Weiterleitung anderer Befehle an yaourt.'
                                ."\n".'  tupac --set-proxy [host:port|none] : Benutze einen Proxyserver.'
                                ."\n".''
                                ."\n".' Modifikatoren:'
                                ."\n".'  --safe                             : Suche nur nach sicheren Paketen.'
                                ."\n".'  --noaur                            : Suche nicht in AUR.'
                                ."\n".'  --noprompt                         : Stelle keine Fragen.'
                                ."\n".'  --color [darkbg|lightbg|nocolor]   : Wähle das Farbschema.'
                                ."\n".'  --repos repo1,repo2,repo3,...      : Wähle die aktiven Paketquellen.'
                                ."\n".'  --lang [xx_XX|machine]             : Wähle die aktive Sprache.'
                                ."\n"
    )

#70 2008-01-20 20:56:03

Pajaro

0.4.1.1:
- German localization added smile

#71 2008-01-20 20:56:48

Pajaro

ooops. i didn't fix the mistake in english. Gonna apply to next update.

#72 2008-01-21 22:10:14

Pajaro

0.5:
- Added incremental cache to what was left (local and filelist).

Last edited by Pajaro (2008-01-21 22:21:15)

#73 2008-01-22 09:41:05

wuischke

You should adjust the topic title as well to reflect the updates.

#74 2008-01-22 12:49:03

Pajaro

Updated topic title. Thank you

#75 2008-01-27 21:30:03

Pajaro

0.5.1:
- Added --console option that starts a shell for pipe interaction

Board footer