You are not logged in.

#276 2007-11-28 10:15:43

LinuxPatsku
Member
Registered: 2007-05-27
Posts: 37

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

smurnjiff wrote:
finferflu wrote:

A little update, now the fonts look better smile

http://xs121.xs.to/xs121/07482/27Nov.png.xs.jpg

What music program is that?

I think it's Rhythmbox.


ArchLinux with Xfce4.

Offline

#277 2007-11-28 11:08:54

finferflu
Forum Fellow
From: Manchester, UK
Registered: 2007-06-21
Posts: 1,899
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

@ thewayofzen
They're called Visitor TT2 BRK, I'm not sure where I got them, but most likely from here.

@ smurnjiff
as LinuxPatsku spotted, that is just Rhythmbox.

@ Codemac
Did they add the dwm bar (can't remember how it was called)? I remember it was missing when I used it a couple of months ago. I used dzen, but it wasn't as good as the dwm bar...

Last edited by finferflu (2007-11-28 11:12:43)


Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

Offline

#278 2007-11-28 11:41:39

buttons
Member
From: NJ, USA
Registered: 2007-08-04
Posts: 618

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

codemac wrote:

http://omploader.org/vN2V4

Still hacking up rob's xmonad.hs..  If you are going to try out xmonad, go ahead and check out the darcs version.  Much coolness has been added.

Boo.  I wanted to look at your XMonad.hs and Config.hs, but your hg repo is giving me errors sad

EDIT: It's back up, but your xmonad stuff isn't there tongue

Last edited by buttons (2007-11-28 17:25:54)


Cthulhu For President!

Offline

#279 2007-11-28 17:12:46

Ben-Hayman
Member
From: Lincolnshire, UK
Registered: 2007-10-18
Posts: 7
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

Where did you get that wall from? yikes


Ben Hayman: I :heart: Arch

Offline

#280 2007-11-28 17:37:28

codemac
Member
From: Cliche Tech Place
Registered: 2005-05-13
Posts: 784
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

finferflu wrote:

Did they add the dwm bar (can't remember how it was called)? I remember it was missing when I used it a couple of months ago. I used dzen, but it wasn't as good as the dwm bar...

No, there is just a really neat module you can use that launches dzen2 for you, and you just give the dzen command etc you want to load up into dzen.. so it's built into the Haskell sources instead of being a .xinitrc

That aside... I'm running 2 dzen2 bars, and one of them IS started from .xinitrc.  If someone knows how to do it differently, let me know.

Offline

#281 2007-11-28 17:42:35

codemac
Member
From: Cliche Tech Place
Registered: 2005-05-13
Posts: 784
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

buttons wrote:

Boo.  I wanted to look at your XMonad.hs and Config.hs, but your hg repo is giving me errors sad

EDIT: It's back up, but your xmonad stuff isn't there tongue

It's up now.  http://hg.codemac.net/config/file/1/xmonad/xmonad.hs

Offline

#282 2007-11-28 20:21:10

finferflu
Forum Fellow
From: Manchester, UK
Registered: 2007-06-21
Posts: 1,899
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

codemac wrote:
finferflu wrote:

Did they add the dwm bar (can't remember how it was called)? I remember it was missing when I used it a couple of months ago. I used dzen, but it wasn't as good as the dwm bar...

No, there is just a really neat module you can use that launches dzen2 for you, and you just give the dzen command etc you want to load up into dzen.. so it's built into the Haskell sources instead of being a .xinitrc

That aside... I'm running 2 dzen2 bars, and one of them IS started from .xinitrc.  If someone knows how to do it differently, let me know.

Ah well, I haven't been able to display the tags on dzen like on the dwm bar, as you seem to have managed...


Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

Offline

#283 2007-11-28 20:54:05

vanes
Member
Registered: 2006-07-16
Posts: 14

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

Ben-Hayman wrote:

Where did you get that wall from? yikes

somewhere on deviant i think, anyway i uploaded it for you here:
http://mvanes.com/43_digitalbrain.jpg

Offline

#284 2007-11-28 21:50:41

thayer
Fellow
From: Vancouver, BC
Registered: 2007-05-20
Posts: 1,560
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

codemac wrote:

Still hacking up rob's xmonad.hs..  If you are going to try out xmonad, go ahead and check out the darcs version.  Much coolness has been added.

Nicely done codemac.  I too am working at rob's config... actually I emailed him yesterday about the dzen_bitmaps he has listed in the config, but I haven't heard back yet.  If you happen to know where he pulled those from (or if you have a copy) could you let me know?


thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

Offline

#285 2007-11-28 23:01:07

ict
Member
Registered: 2007-05-01
Posts: 44

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

ebirtaid wrote:

What GTK-Theme is that? I've been dying to find a decent-looking, blackish theme for my laptop.

Offline

#286 2007-11-28 23:56:40

thayer
Fellow
From: Vancouver, BC
Registered: 2007-05-20
Posts: 1,560
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

ict wrote:
ebirtaid wrote:

What GTK-Theme is that? I've been dying to find a decent-looking, blackish theme for my laptop.

That would be Divinorum.


thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

Offline

#287 2007-11-29 00:46:05

ebirtaid
Member
From: USA
Registered: 2007-11-18
Posts: 52

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

thayer wrote:
ict wrote:
ebirtaid wrote:

What GTK-Theme is that? I've been dying to find a decent-looking, blackish theme for my laptop.

That would be Divinorum.

indeed, neutronium-deepblack is also pretty nice

Offline

#288 2007-11-29 02:00:23

raul_nds
Member
From: Lisbon, Portugal
Registered: 2007-06-28
Posts: 258

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

screenie1bq0.th.png

Subtle wallpaper change wink

Offline

#289 2007-11-29 02:50:57

semdornus
Member
From: Tokyo
Registered: 2007-08-07
Posts: 47

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

thayer wrote:

I too am working at rob's config... actually I emailed him yesterday about the dzen_bitmaps he has listed in the config, but I haven't heard back yet.  If you happen to know where he pulled those from (or if you have a copy) could you let me know?

Do you mean the indicators for the layouts? Those aren't public it seems, but as you may know the others come from the dzen code repository

Offline

#290 2007-11-29 03:09:05

semdornus
Member
From: Tokyo
Registered: 2007-08-07
Posts: 47

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

codemac wrote:

That aside... I'm running 2 dzen2 bars, and one of them IS started from .xinitrc.  If someone knows how to do it differently, let me know.

I haven't tried it yet, but shouldn't it just be possible to specifiy two spawnPipe's?
The one you have now plus an extra one which would just execute your script (for your clock, etc.) to write to the spawned pipe inside the xmonad config. It would be almost the same as doing it in xinit however, but nice to have it all in one place.

Edit: On second thought; maybe you can also run the statusbar script and append it's output to the pipe in the ppOutput part of the logHook configuration. You'll probably get an alignment issue if you want that part aligned to the right though.

Alternatively you can look into xmobar which can display some stuff with plugins. If you don't have too much needs it can all be displayed in a single instance. It's written in haskell, and seems a bit heavier then 2 dzen's here with less functionality though.

Last edited by semdornus (2007-11-29 05:00:45)

Offline

#291 2007-11-29 07:31:58

Ben-Hayman
Member
From: Lincolnshire, UK
Registered: 2007-10-18
Posts: 7
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

vanes wrote:
Ben-Hayman wrote:

Where did you get that wall from? yikes

somewhere on deviant i think, anyway i uploaded it for you here:
http://mvanes.com/43_digitalbrain.jpg

Thanks! big_smile


Ben Hayman: I :heart: Arch

Offline

#292 2007-11-29 12:20:54

gotmor
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2007-09-03
Posts: 84
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

thayer wrote:
codemac wrote:

Still hacking up rob's xmonad.hs..  If you are going to try out xmonad, go ahead and check out the darcs version.  Much coolness has been added.

Nicely done codemac.  I too am working at rob's config... actually I emailed him yesterday about the dzen_bitmaps he has listed in the config, but I haven't heard back yet.  If you happen to know where he pulled those from (or if you have a copy) could you let me know?

You can grab the bitmaps from http://robm.selfip.net/dwl/dzen_bitmaps.tar.bz2.

Also it is pretty easy to create your own, custom set of XBMs with the bitmap application, that comes by default with X.

Offline

#293 2007-11-29 15:19:53

thayer
Fellow
From: Vancouver, BC
Registered: 2007-05-20
Posts: 1,560
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

gotmor wrote:

You can grab the bitmaps from http://robm.selfip.net/dwl/dzen_bitmaps.tar.bz2.

Also it is pretty easy to create your own, custom set of XBMs with the bitmap application, that comes by default with X.

Thanks, I actually did create my own yesterday, they can be grabbed here in case anyone else is interested:

http://dzen.geekmode.org/dwiki/doku.php … icon-packs

UPDATE:

Definitely a work in progress, but I am really liking xmonad:

thumb-20071129-2441356161.png

Last edited by thayer (2010-12-05 22:56:20)


thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

Offline

#294 2007-11-29 19:10:37

codemac
Member
From: Cliche Tech Place
Registered: 2005-05-13
Posts: 784
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

Oooooh, pretty thayer!

The purple is a bit ridiculous, but everything about the purple is executed well smile

Offline

#295 2007-11-29 20:36:26

adekoba
Member
Registered: 2007-07-10
Posts: 128
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

hey codemac, I have a strange question... do you have your hg server on a seperate computer from your developing computer, or are they combined? The reason I ask is I'm not sure how I should go about working with mercurial. I currently do my developing on a workstation, then push changesets to the main server periodically. I was wondering what you do and maybe if there is a better alternative (if you edit things directly on the server (ssh maybe), edit it on a remote computer and push changes, etc.) I was thinking maybe I could create an nfs mount so that I could develop on my main desktop, but the changes would still occur on the server.


abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Offline

#296 2007-11-29 21:08:14

Bola
Member
From: Italia
Registered: 2007-02-16
Posts: 118

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

Here my shot:

http://bola.altervista.org/clear.png

OpenBox
fbpanel
conky

Offline

#297 2007-11-29 21:35:26

a1ex
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2007-02-16
Posts: 87

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

2007-11-29-200313_10mv3.png

I'm currently messing around with dwm, but the urxvt transparency effect (no real transparency) doesnt really work so far. I dont know what next, maybe i tweak this further or have a look at awesome or xmonad.
2007-11-29-200325_109gi.png

Last edited by a1ex (2007-11-29 21:35:49)

Offline

#298 2007-11-29 22:57:01

finferflu
Forum Fellow
From: Manchester, UK
Registered: 2007-06-21
Posts: 1,899
Website

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

a1ex wrote:

http://www.abload.de/thumb/2007-11-29-200313_10mv3.png

I'm currently messing around with dwm, but the urxvt transparency effect (no real transparency) doesnt really work so far. I dont know what next, maybe i tweak this further or have a look at awesome or xmonad.
http://www.abload.de/thumb/2007-11-29-200325_109gi.png

Gotta have your wallpaper! (please)
smile


Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

Offline

#299 2007-11-29 23:08:55

ss2
Member
From: Glasgow
Registered: 2007-10-05
Posts: 69

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

Bola wrote:

Here my shot:

http://bola.altervista.org/clear.png

OpenBox
fbpanel
conky

Nice Conky configuration. Could you please post your .conkyrc? :-)

Regards


Live is too short to resolve dependencies.

Offline

#300 2007-11-30 00:01:00

Bola
Member
From: Italia
Registered: 2007-02-16
Posts: 118

Re: November 2007 Screenshots

# conky configuration

# set to yes if you want Conky to be forked in the background
background no

# Use Xft?
use_xft yes

# Xft font when Xft is enabled
xftfont DejaVu Sans Mono:pixelsize=10

# Text alpha when using Xft
xftalpha 0.8

# Print everything to console?

# out_to_console no

# Update interval in seconds
update_interval 2.0

# This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
# Set to zero to run forever.
total_run_times 0

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)

own_window yes
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_type override

#own_window_type desktop

#own_window_hints below

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area

#minimum_size 280 5
maximum_width 140

# Draw shades?
draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
draw_borders yes

# Stippled borders?
stippled_borders 0

# border margins
border_margin 5

# border width

border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors

default_color A29F84

default_shade_color black

default_outline_color black


# Text alignment, other possible values are commented

alignment top_left

#alignment top_right

#alignment bottom_left

#alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text

# same thing as passing -x at command line
gap_x 20
gap_y 20

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
uppercase no

# number of cpu samples to average

# set to 1 to disable averaging
cpu_avg_samples 2

# set to 1 to disable averaging
net_avg_samples 2

# Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT

override_utf8_locale yes

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.

use_spacer yes
TEXT ${font Comic Sans MS:pixelsize=10}
${color #6FA637}Data: ${color }${color #FFFFFF}${alignr 4}${time %e %B %G}
${color #6FA637}Ora: ${color }${alignr 4}${color #FFFFFF}${time %H:%M:%S}
${color #6fa637}UpTime: ${color }${alignr 4}${color #FFFFFF}$uptime
${color #6FA637}Kernel: ${color }${alignr 4}${color #FFFFFF}$kernel
${color #6FA637}CPU: ${color } ${alignr 4}${color #FFFFFF}$cpu
${color #FFFFFF}${cpugraph 20,130 000000 000000}
${color #6FA637}Load: ${color }${alignr 6}${color #FFFFFF}$loadavg
${color #6FA637}Processi: ${color }${alignr }${color #FFFFFF}$processes
${color #6FA637}Batteria primaria: ${color } 
${color #FFFFFF}${battery BAT1}  ${battery_time BAT1}
${color #6FA637}Batteria secondaria: ${color } 
${color #FFFFFF}${battery BAT2}  ${battery_time BAT2}


${color #6FA637}Highest CPU:
${color #FF5B00} ${top name 1}${top cpu 1}
${color #FFFFFF} ${top name 2}${top cpu 2}
${color #FFFFFF} ${top name 3}${top cpu 3}
${color #FFFFFF} ${top name 4}${top cpu 4}

${color #6FA637}RAM:  ${color #FFFFFF}$memperc%  ${alignr 4}$mem/$memmax
${membar 3,130}

${color #6FA637}SWAP: ${color #FFFFFF}$swapperc% ${alignr 4}$swap/$swapmax
${swapbar 3,130}

${color #6FA637}Highest RAM:
${color #FF5B00} ${top_mem name 1}${top_mem mem 1}
${color #FFFFFF} ${top_mem name 2}${top_mem mem 2}
${color #FFFFFF} ${top_mem name 3}${top_mem mem 3}
${color #FFFFFF} ${top_mem name 4}${top_mem mem 4}

${color #6FA637}Stato Hardisk:  ${color #FFFFFF}${alignr 4}${fs_free /}
${fs_bar 3,130 /}

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB