You are not logged in.

#51 2008-04-01 23:25:29

zephyr

Re: Compiz Fusion Git & ProjectM Repository

Thanks for the packages and updates! Glad I could help smile

#52 2008-04-02 17:37:23

paul2lv

Could some of our Arch64 friends grab the PKGBUILDs and try building the new plugins.
I'm having limited success building these on my x86_64 box, and I wanted to know if this is just a problem on my side.
The link to the PKGBUILDs is http://compiz.dreamz-box.de/PKGBUILD/co … lieve-git/

Thanks

#53 2008-04-02 18:09:56

zodmaner

paul2lv wrote:

Could some of our Arch64 friends grab the PKGBUILDs and try building the new plugins.
I'm having limited success building these on my x86_64 box, and I wanted to know if this is just a problem on my side.
The link to the PKGBUILDs is http://compiz.dreamz-box.de/PKGBUILD/co … lieve-git/

Thanks

I have tried building the plugins, using PKGBUILDs from the link you provided. I only manage to successfully built compiz-fusion-plugin-wallpaper. The other two (freewins and screensaver) fails to be built.

Hope this helps, and thank you for you hard work, paul2lv. wink

#54 2008-04-02 18:23:10

luciferin

Hey guys, what is the error you are getting?

On a side note I've also added packages for ProjectM 1.1 to the repository.  So far I've only built the PulseAudio plugin.  Let me know if there's any demand for the JACK one and I'll build that too.  You can grab everything for it with:

pacman -Sy projectm-pulse

And launch it with

projectm-pulseaudio

The packages are a little "messy" right now, just ignore what it puts to your terminal when you install.  I'm going to clean it up and add an icon over the next few days. 
This is x86 only at the moment also.

Last edited by luciferin (2008-04-04 18:45:33)

#55 2008-04-02 18:40:45

big_gie

luciferin wrote:

Hey guys, what is the error you are getting?

compiz-fusion-plugin-screensaver-git:

==> Starting make...
convert   : screensaver.xml.in -> build/screensaver.xml
bcop'ing  : build/screensaver.xml -> build/screensaver_options.hbcop'ing bcop'ing  : build/screensaver.xml -> build/screensaver_options.h
bcop'ing  : build/screensaver.xml -> build/screensaver_options.c
compiling : vector.cpp -> build/vector.locompiling : rotatingcube.cpp -> build/rotatingcube.locompiling : screensaver.cpp -> build/screensaver.locompiling : wrapper.cpp -> build/wrapper.locompiling : flyingwindows.cpp -> build/flyingwindows.lowrapper.cpp: In member function 'virtual void ScreenWrapper::getRotation(float*, float*, float*)':
wrapper.cpp:28: error: too many arguments to function
wrapper.cpp:29: error: invalid conversion from 'void (*)(CompScreen*, float*, float*, float*)' to 'void (*)(CompScreen*, float*, float*)'
make: *** [build/wrapper.lo] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
rotatingcube.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool ScreenRotatingCube::enable()':
rotatingcube.cpp:30: error: invalid conversion from 'void (*)(CompScreen*, float*, float*, float*)' to 'void (*)(CompScreen*, float*, float*)'
make: *** [build/rotatingcube.lo] Error 1
compiling : vector.cpp -> build/vector.lo
compiling : screensaver.cpp -> build/screensaver.lo
compiling : flyingwindows.cpp -> build/flyingwindows.lo
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

Last edited by big_gie (2008-04-02 18:42:00)

#56 2008-04-02 18:41:31

big_gie

compiz-fusion-plugin-freewins-git:

==> Starting make...
convert   : freewins.xml.in -> build/freewins.xml
bcop'ing  : build/freewins.xml -> build/freewins_options.hbcop'ing  : buibcop'ing  : build/freewins.xml -> build/freewins_options.h
bcop'ing  : build/freewins.xml -> build/freewins_options.c
compiling : build/freewins_options.c -> build/freewins_options.lofreewins.c: In function 'FWScaleUp':
freewins.c:1929: warning: implicit declaration of function 'FWHandleWindowInputInfo'
freewins.c:1929: warning: nested extern declaration of 'FWHandleWindowInputInfo'
freewins.c: In function 'freewinsFiniWindow':
freewins.c:2226: error: expected ';' before 'if'
make: *** [build/freewins.lo] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
compiling : build/freewins_options.c -> build/freewins_options.lo
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

Last edited by big_gie (2008-04-02 18:42:16)

#57 2008-04-02 22:40:38

zephyr

With a namcap on the freewins package by luciferin i got these deps:

libxcomposite mesa libxdamage startup-notification libxslt

I'm not sure they' ll help (you will probably have them already) but you can try smile

Also it is recommended to have an up to date compiz-bcop-git package.

I' ll be looking for a way to build all unstable/new plugins in one package in the next days. I' ll notify if I find anything. smile

#58 2008-04-02 22:45:22

paul2lv

Thanks guys,
Those were the errors I was getting while trying to build the new plugins.
Now, all we have to do is figure out why... tongue

zephyr wrote:

I'm not sure they' ll help (you will probably have them already) but you can try smile

I' ll be looking for a way to build all unstable/new plugins in one package in the next days. I' ll notify if I find anything. smile

Yeah, I have all those packages installed, and my bcop package is quite fresh, so no problems with those. Thanks though.
I hope you can figure out a way to combine the new plugins into one package. smile

Last edited by paul2lv (2008-04-02 22:49:50)

#59 2008-04-03 03:00:18

luciferin

zephyr wrote:

Well, I'm sure we could just merge all of the lines together, having it build one plugin at a time down the list.  I just thought it would be preferable to build them separately and install them with an overlay.  If you want me to combine them (and add any other plugins) let me know, I think I could hack out a PKGBUILD like that in about ten minutes. 

@paul2lv;@big_gie
The freewins build error is a typo in the plugin code.  It's up to you if you want to go in and fix it or wait for git to be updated.  Line 2226 freewins.c needs "if" to be  changed to ";if". 
For screensaver I'm not sure what the problem is... try install xscreensaver maybe(I know it used to be a dependency...).

#60 2008-04-03 03:09:49

big_gie

compiz-fusion-plugin-freewins-git seems to be already corrected in repo...

As for compiz-fusion-plugin-screensaver-git, the code is kind of cryptic for me. Never touch to compiz before... pointers to function?

#61 2008-04-03 03:37:23

luciferin

I'm getting the same build error now.  It looks like there were a couple of commits earlier today/last night to the code.  That is likely where the issue is coming from.

#62 2008-04-03 04:23:39

paul2lv

Well, I got the freewins and wallpaper plugins built and uploaded.
I hope the screensaver plugin will be fixed soon.
Thanks for all the help! smile

#63 2008-04-03 13:09:41

zephyr

luciferin wrote:

Well, I'm sure we could just merge all of the lines together, having it build one plugin at a time down the list.  I just thought it would be preferable to build them separately and install them with an overlay.  If you want me to combine them (and add any other plugins) let me know, I think I could hack out a PKGBUILD like that in about ten minutes.

Now that I think about it, I also think that having each plugin in a separate package, is a better, more versatile approach smile

Having one PKGBUILD to build all experimental plugins at once, would be a bit cumbersome for you guys. Look at the situation with the broken freewins and screensaver. The build would fail and you would have to spend time commenting/removing the broken plugins from the build.

With separate packages, you could have , for example, today' s  freewins and last weeks screensaver (which is broken today) in your repo.

Just my opinion, keep up the very nice job cool

#64 2008-04-03 18:43:18

paul2lv

zephyr wrote:
luciferin wrote:

Now that I think about it, I also think that having each plugin in a separate package, is a better, more versatile approach smile

Having one PKGBUILD to build all experimental plugins at once, would be a bit cumbersome for you guys. Look at the situation with the broken freewins and screensaver. The build would fail and you would have to spend time commenting/removing the broken plugins from the build.

With separate packages, you could have , for example, today' s  freewins and last weeks screensaver (which is broken today) in your repo.

Just my opinion, keep up the very nice job cool

Good point. wink

#65 2008-04-07 16:08:39

Gil

Any chance of you releasing your projectm PKGBUILDs?

#66 2008-04-07 18:13:28

luciferin

I'm submitting them to AUR, it won't let me upload projectm-qt though.  I've put them up on the server so you can grab them here:

http://compiz.dreamz-box.de/PKGBUILD/

Build and install in the order of projectm-engine, projectm-qt, projectm-pulseaudio or projectm-jack.  You'll get a file conflict error if you try to install both projectm-jack and projectm-pulseaudio (you can force by adding -f to your pacman line though).

Last edited by luciferin (2008-04-07 18:25:55)

#67 2008-04-07 19:56:38

Gil

Thanks! smile

#68 2008-04-09 03:19:55

luciferin

I just found a big error in my PKGBUILD for ProjectM.  It's going to fail cmake on every computer except my own... sad  I'm working on a fixed version now.

EDIT:  I updated them, if you were getting errors before please try the new version.

Last edited by luciferin (2008-04-09 03:53:14)

#69 2008-04-09 06:05:31

Gil

Oops. I noticed it and I just solved it by removing CMakeCache.txt and commenting out the line that copies it to the src directory, but I forgot to report it hmm

#70 2008-04-09 12:28:07

vuboy

Nice work, much appreciated.
Running the x86_64 git. Had to remove previous version (7.2) to get this to install.
Pretty painless.

Many thanks

VB

#71 2008-04-09 15:38:30

luciferin

Gil wrote:

Oops. I noticed it and I just solved it by removing CMakeCache.txt and commenting out the line that copies it to the src directory, but I forgot to report it hmm

You might have installed to /usr/local then, unless you ran ccmake yourself.

#72 2008-04-13 09:51:54

cpu

luciferin: Last compiz-git for x86 don't work for me at all - can you check what's going on?

Last edited by cpu (2008-04-13 10:54:04)

#73 2008-04-13 13:53:06

luciferin

cpu wrote:

luciferin: Last compiz-git for x86 don't work for me at all - can you check what's going on?

Yeah, what happens when you launch it?  Are you running fusion-icon to start compiz?  Try loading from the terminal and post the output here.

#74 2008-04-14 03:07:01

once

cpu wrote:

same problem here, after update to git-0413.

#75 2008-04-14 12:47:38

Geekosaurio

Doesn't work for me either, on the console I get :

compiz (core) - Error: no 'core' plugin with ABI version '20080408' loaded

Board footer