You are not logged in.

#301 2008-02-15 16:24:57

ozeta
Member
Registered: 2007-11-01
Posts: 63

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

screenshotfc4.th.png

my desktop:

openbox + xfce4 panel, gnome-terminal

Offline

#302 2008-02-15 16:46:09

sen
Member
From: .de
Registered: 2007-02-18
Posts: 152
Website

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

@zodmaner, venox, Ashren, strankan, Gigamo, mascanho, ep5il0n

Thx!

You can find my configs here: ftp://sen.homelinux.org/config/

The awesome config is based on Calmar's Awesome Setup but I tweaked it a lot and added new features.

Setup
1. put the 'awesome-status' and 'awesome-status.awk' to /usr/local/bin (or change paths in the scripts) and make them executable
2. look through the commented 'awesome-status.awk' script, you'll want to change some things
3. copy the panel settings from my awesomerc (line 52-329) to yours
4. change the image paths, amixer channel etc
5. the 'start' script is like the .xinitrc, so if you don't use a login-manager just cp the parts you want to your .xinitrc. If you use gdm for example, cp the 'start' script to /usr/bin, make it executable, edit the '/etc/X11/sessions/awesome.desktop' like this >>> Exec=/usr/bin/start

However the awesome-status.awk isn't finished yet. The MPD part need some enhancements (display nothing when stopped) and I want to add a weather function.

Offline

#303 2008-02-15 17:13:07

strankan
Member
From: Sundsvall - Sweden
Registered: 2006-11-08
Posts: 97

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

sen wrote:

@zodmaner, venox, Ashren, strankan, Gigamo, mascanho, ep5il0n

Thx!

You can find my configs here: ftp://sen.homelinux.org/config/

The awesome config is based on Calmar's Awesome Setup but I tweaked it a lot and added new features.

Setup
1. put the 'awesome-status' and 'awesome-status.awk' to /usr/local/bin (or change paths in the scripts) and make them executable
2. look through the commented 'awesome-status.awk' script, you'll want to change some things
3. copy the panel settings from my awesomerc (line 52-329) to yours
4. change the image paths, amixer channel etc
5. the 'start' script is like the .xinitrc, so if you don't use a login-manager just cp the parts you want to your .xinitrc. If you use gdm for example, cp the 'start' script to /usr/bin, make it executable, edit the '/etc/X11/sessions/awesome.desktop' like this >>> Exec=/usr/bin/start

However the awesome-status.awk isn't finished yet. The MPD part need some enhancements (display nothing when stopped) and I want to add a weather function.

Cheers mate!

Offline

#304 2008-02-15 17:19:36

dyscoria
Member
Registered: 2008-01-10
Posts: 1,007

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

Looks like sen has the best desktop of this year so far. Haven't seen one this popular in my time here cool Kudos!


flack 2.0.6: menu-driven BASH script to easily tag FLAC files (AUR)
knock-once 1.2: BASH script to easily create/send one-time sequences for knockd (forum/AUR)

Offline

#305 2008-02-15 18:05:12

xdeusx
Member
Registered: 2007-10-15
Posts: 168

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

sen wrote:

@zodmaner, venox, Ashren, strankan, Gigamo, mascanho, ep5il0n

Thx!

You can find my configs here: ftp://sen.homelinux.org/config/

The awesome config is based on Calmar's Awesome Setup but I tweaked it a lot and added new features.

Setup
1. put the 'awesome-status' and 'awesome-status.awk' to /usr/local/bin (or change paths in the scripts) and make them executable
2. look through the commented 'awesome-status.awk' script, you'll want to change some things
3. copy the panel settings from my awesomerc (line 52-329) to yours
4. change the image paths, amixer channel etc
5. the 'start' script is like the .xinitrc, so if you don't use a login-manager just cp the parts you want to your .xinitrc. If you use gdm for example, cp the 'start' script to /usr/bin, make it executable, edit the '/etc/X11/sessions/awesome.desktop' like this >>> Exec=/usr/bin/start

However the awesome-status.awk isn't finished yet. The MPD part need some enhancements (display nothing when stopped) and I want to add a weather function.

could it be possible to provide the icons also?

Offline

#306 2008-02-15 18:25:29

sen
Member
From: .de
Registered: 2007-02-18
Posts: 152
Website

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

xdeusx wrote:

could it be possible to provide the icons also?

Sure but I should mention that the only icons I created myself are the ones for mpd... the rest is collected from va icon themes.

ftp://sen.homelinux.org/config/awesome/ … ons.tar.gz

If you don't want to change the paths in the awesomerc, extract the archive in ~/.icons/. Then use your favorite text-editor that has a replace function (like gvim) and replace 'sen' with your user name for the entire document.

Last edited by sen (2008-02-15 18:28:48)

Offline

#307 2008-02-15 18:58:48

Gigamo
Member
Registered: 2008-01-19
Posts: 388

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

sen wrote:
xdeusx wrote:

could it be possible to provide the icons also?

Sure but I should mention that the only icons I created myself are the ones for mpd... the rest is collected from va icon themes.

ftp://sen.homelinux.org/config/awesome/ … ons.tar.gz

If you don't want to change the paths in the awesomerc, extract the archive in ~/.icons/. Then use your favorite text-editor that has a replace function (like gvim) and replace 'sen' with your user name for the entire document.

Im having some problems extracting just the Volume progressbar from your configs (my volume is changed to Front instead of Wave already, that's not the issue). I have tried reducing the .awk file to only include the volume bits, or execute only `amixer sget Front |grep 'Left: Playback'`, but no success. I mean the progressbar is there, but it is not filled and there is no interaction.

Thanks.

Offline

#308 2008-02-15 20:13:20

robotangel
Member
From: cologne/germany
Registered: 2007-08-30
Posts: 63

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

Well, my feb 08 screenshot smile
desktopdfw.jpg

Offline

#309 2008-02-15 20:17:38

Frem
Member
From: Longview, TX
Registered: 2005-02-27
Posts: 56
Website

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

What wallpaper, GTK theme, XMMS theme, and window manager theme is that?

Offline

#310 2008-02-15 20:36:26

mascanho
Member
Registered: 2008-01-04
Posts: 53

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

dyscoria wrote:

Looks like sen has the best desktop of this year so far. Haven't seen one this popular in my time here cool Kudos!

Definitly ! Awesome rocks !!

Lets hope the Wm keeps developing this way, the good way smile

Offline

#311 2008-02-15 20:37:51

sen
Member
From: .de
Registered: 2007-02-18
Posts: 152
Website

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

Gigamo wrote:

Im having some problems extracting just the Volume progressbar from your configs (my volume is changed to Front instead of Wave already, that's not the issue). I have tried reducing the .awk file to only include the volume bits, or execute only `amixer sget Front |grep 'Left: Playback'`, but no success. I mean the progressbar is there, but it is not filled and there is no interaction.

Thanks.

try this script:

#!/bin/sh
while true
do
VOL=`amixer sget Wave |grep 'Left: Playback' | awk '{ print $4 }'`
echo "0 widget_tell pb_vol $VOL"
sleep 1
done

Offline

#312 2008-02-15 20:37:55

Gigamo
Member
Registered: 2008-01-19
Posts: 388

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

mascanho wrote:
dyscoria wrote:

Looks like sen has the best desktop of this year so far. Haven't seen one this popular in my time here cool Kudos!

Definitly ! Awesome rocks !!

Lets hope the Wm keeps developing this way, the good way smile

Agree with this. 2.1 was a major improvement and surprise. 2.2 looks promising too big_smile

Sen: No luck. sad

Here's what I put into my startup script:

sh /home/gig/volume.sh | /usr/local/bin/awesome-client &

print $4 prints the word "Playback" here btw. $6 prints the percentage like this: [42%], and I have tried putting that in the script, sadly not working either.

What I also tried is change the script this way:

#!/bin/sh
while true
do
VOL=`amixer sget Front |grep 'Left: Playback' | awk '{ print $6 }'`
echo 0 widget_tell pb_vol "$VOL" | /usr/local/bin/awesome-client
sleep 1
done

Since this is how all my other info is piped to the widgets. (with the | /usr/local/bin/awesome-client behind it)

Any suggestions?

Thanks already though big_smile

Last edited by Gigamo (2008-02-15 22:06:35)

Offline

#313 2008-02-15 20:38:00

martinm
Member
Registered: 2007-09-15
Posts: 9

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

sen wrote:

[awesome 2.1]
http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08075/2008-02-15951.png.xs.jpg

The new features are great!

May I ask you where to obtain your wallpaper? Been googl'ing, but without any luck at all. Thanks smile And very nice desktop.

Offline

#314 2008-02-15 20:45:39

Husio
Member
From: Europe
Registered: 2005-12-04
Posts: 359
Website

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

new icon theme in awesome smile
02_15_08-1280x800787.png.xs.jpg

Offline

#315 2008-02-15 21:14:19

sen
Member
From: .de
Registered: 2007-02-18
Posts: 152
Website

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

martinm wrote:
sen wrote:

[awesome 2.1]
http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08075/2008-02-15951.png.xs.jpg

The new features are great!

May I ask you where to obtain your wallpaper? Been googl'ing, but without any luck at all. Thanks smile And very nice desktop.

Got it from 4chan. wink
5cm916.jpg.xs.jpg

Offline

#316 2008-02-15 21:54:22

martinm
Member
Registered: 2007-09-15
Posts: 9

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

sen wrote:
martinm wrote:
sen wrote:

[awesome 2.1]
http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08075/2008-02-15951.png.xs.jpg

The new features are great!

May I ask you where to obtain your wallpaper? Been googl'ing, but without any luck at all. Thanks smile And very nice desktop.

Got it from 4chan. wink
http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08075/5cm916.jpg.xs.jpg

Nice wink Thanks a lot.

Offline

#317 2008-02-15 22:56:46

nucleuswizard
Member
From: Serbia
Registered: 2007-10-07
Posts: 79

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

coarseSand wrote:

http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08075/2008-02- … png.xs.jpg

http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08075/2008-02- … png.xs.jpg


The components:

Xfce 4.4
gtk2 theme: Murrina-Black
xfwm: GSM
icons: Final Order
font: Annivers

and the wallpaper I snagged from 4chan/wg/. You can get the Annivers font by browsing Smashing Magazine, it's somewhere in there, and it's completely free. I stick to a very minimal setup usually, and that may get even more drastic (see the xmonad man tab in vimperator?). I'm also noticing that my panel is very windows-y, but it works for me and saves more screen space than a dual bar setup would. I long for the summer when I hope to setup Xinerama with two 22" screens.

Could you post Murrina-Black theme I can't find anywhere

Offline

#318 2008-02-15 23:07:39

Gigamo
Member
Registered: 2008-01-19
Posts: 388

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

Not going to quote myself, but I got it working, thanks Sen smile.

Though is it normal that the bar isnt fully filled even when the volume is on 100%? It fills only like two thirds.

Last edited by Gigamo (2008-02-16 00:18:47)

Offline

#319 2008-02-16 00:37:10

gazj
Member
From: /home/gazj -> /uk/cambs
Registered: 2007-02-09
Posts: 681
Website

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

Kdemod for me this month, a bit of a change from awesome.  I am really struggling without tileing. hmm

0802t.jpg

Last edited by gazj (2008-02-16 00:39:36)

Offline

#320 2008-02-16 00:50:26

cactus
Taco Eater
From: t͈̫̹ͨa͖͕͎̱͈ͨ͆ć̥̖̝o̫̫̼s͈̭̱̞͍̃!̰
Registered: 2004-05-25
Posts: 4,622
Website

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

ozeta wrote:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1389 … fc4.th.png

my desktop:

openbox + xfce4 panel, gnome-terminal

hey!
Nice wallpaper.
Where did you find it?


"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Offline

#321 2008-02-16 02:11:21

fwojciec
Member
Registered: 2007-05-20
Posts: 1,411

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

desktop_feb-thumb.png

Everything should be pretty much self-explanatory, methinks...  I'm particularly happy with the way conky came out this time around -- I doesn't draw attention to itself at all (you kinda have to imagine the black plastic of the monitor casing next to it...) but it's there if I need the infos.

Last edited by fwojciec (2008-02-16 02:44:47)

Offline

#322 2008-02-16 02:13:38

ebirtaid
Member
From: USA
Registered: 2007-11-18
Posts: 52

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

screen1841.png.xs.jpg

Offline

#323 2008-02-16 08:50:55

ech0s7
Member
Registered: 2008-02-13
Posts: 18

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

fwojciec wrote:

http://www.loka.pl/outgoing/desktop_feb-thumb.png

Everything should be pretty much self-explanatory, methinks...  I'm particularly happy with the way conky came out this time around -- I doesn't draw attention to itself at all (you kinda have to imagine the black plastic of the monitor casing next to it...) but it's there if I need the infos.

Hello fwojciec, are you using some patch for the font ? Your fonts are very very beautiful! If yes, Can you say me what patch are you using, and how i can install them?  Thanks You!

Offline

#324 2008-02-16 10:25:53

arialis111
Member
Registered: 2006-12-12
Posts: 63

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

Frem wrote:

What wallpaper, GTK theme, XMMS theme, and window manager theme is that?

GTK: http://lassekongo83.deviantart.com/art/ … K-77182340

Xfwm4: http://lassekongo83.deviantart.com/art/ … K-77182340

Xmms: http://blueslaad.deviantart.com/art/The … e-74917445

Wallpaper: Probably from deviantart

Offline

#325 2008-02-16 10:37:36

hk2717
Member
From: China
Registered: 2007-09-13
Posts: 217

Re: February 2008 Screenshots

sen wrote:
martinm wrote:
sen wrote:

[awesome 2.1]
http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08075/2008-02-15951.png.xs.jpg

The new features are great!

May I ask you where to obtain your wallpaper? Been googl'ing, but without any luck at all. Thanks smile And very nice desktop.

Got it from 4chan. wink
http://xs224.xs.to/xs224/08075/5cm916.jpg.xs.jpg

Where could I find other resolution of this wallpaper please?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB