You are not logged in.

#876 2009-01-05 21:20:13

Last of the Wolves

Re: Daily KDE4 Subversion Packages

I now have another issue with kde-svn. Amarok doesn't start. On Konsole I get:

amarok: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libamaroklib.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZN9KLineEdit15keyReleaseEventEP9QKeyEvent

Any Ideas? I can't find any information about that.

Greetings
Last of the Wolves

#877 2009-01-05 23:18:37

atomopawn

Last of the Wolves: I think I saw something earlier when I had built against an old version of the kdelibs.  Do you have the old libs installed still?

#878 2009-01-06 08:00:54

Last of the Wolves

@atomopawn: I have an fresh Archlinux installation an started directly with kde-svn. kdelibs from kde-svn are installed. kdelibs3 were installed too for kile but also removing kile and kdelibs3 and an reinstallation of the extragear-multimedia-package didn't work. Any other suggestions? Is it working with other installations or is it a problem with the svn-package? I heard from a friend that he has the same problem since the last update.

Last of the Wolves

#879 2009-01-06 11:10:47

atomopawn

Okay.  Following the most recent update of extragear-multimedia, amarok is broken for me, too (same error).  Guess I was just tracking a little further behind you....

The problem seems to be a linking issue.  Strangely, running "ldd `which amarok`" doesn't show any missing libraries and neither does ldd /usr/lib/libamaroklib.so.1.

#880 2009-01-06 12:15:43

markc
Website

Please let me know if 20090106 still has this problem.

#881 2009-01-06 15:22:49

Janax

markc wrote:

Please let me know if 20090106 still has this problem.

Fixed it for me.  This was the first update to extragear-multimedia for me since the 3rd.  Thanks once again markc!

#882 2009-01-06 19:09:51

markc
Website

@janax: thanks, so it was probably just an unfortunately timed svn checkout glitch and not something with my build system.

Dirk Mueller just announced on release-team@kde.org...

on our road towards KDE 4.2 RC1 tagging (tonight), I've just branched KDE 4.2 
into /branches/KDE/4.2 from trunk/KDE svn revision 906698 (yes, I couldn't 
wait for 906700). 

Any commit after 906698 that is intended to be part of KDE 4.2 has to be 
backported to /branches/KDE/4.2

Please note that branches/KDE/4.2 is feature frozen at this point and heads 
towards KDE 4.2 RC1 (tagged today 23:59 UTC).

so it would be possible to now checkout and track branches/KDE/4.2 and strictly follow 4.2 by using the mpkg build script, if anyone is interested to build their own stable 4.2 system... now's your chance. Just ask if you want help to do so. This threads package set will follow trunk so expect glitches every now and then.

Thinking about this just now, it would not be unreasonable for me to build a, say, weekly snapshot of this 4.2 branch until the final release and then have a static set of binary 4.2 packages available so folks could easily hop off the trunk bandwagon for a month or two and jump back onboard after the initial and inevitable 4.3 instability changes... without having to install a different type of KDE set of packages.

Last edited by markc (2009-01-06 19:21:48)

#883 2009-01-06 20:27:59

Last of the Wolves

The Problem with Amarok is fixed for me too. Thanks @all.

@markc: An additional 4.2 snapshot would also make it possible to switch if something is broken in trunk. I would really like to have this option because I need KDE as porductive system so if it was really broken I would have to switch to extra/kde.

#884 2009-01-06 21:57:16

MillTek

markc wrote:

Thinking about this just now, it would not be unreasonable for me to build a, say, weekly snapshot of this 4.2 branch until the final release and then have a static set of binary 4.2 packages available so folks could easily hop off the trunk bandwagon for a month or two and jump back onboard after the initial and inevitable 4.3 instability changes... without having to install a different type of KDE set of packages.

Mark,
I think this is a very good idea, especially if it were called 4-2stable (or something equally obvious). That way when we have the inevitable few days of mayhem while 4.3 is getting up to speed we'd have a quick solution.  Good thinking!!

Jim

#885 2009-01-07 02:36:58

markc
Website

@Last of the Wolves: I just built a fresh kdenetwork package with a depends on extra/libotr, let us know if it works. And curious, you say you installed extra/kdelibs3 alongside these svn packages, did that work okay... do kde3 libs and apps install cleanly?

@wrc1944: just a long shot but have you "hardwired" a 1280x1024@75 setting in the Display subsection of the Screen section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf?

Regarding a stable 4.2 snapshot, I will definitely do this during the next week. I might also take the opportunity to reorganize the kde-svn layout (yet again!) so that we have something like kde/svn, kde/extra and kde/stable and I'll change the mpkg script to create repo database names like distro-section.db.tar.gz rather than the current section.db.tar.gz. I'll obviously post details when this happens.

Also, if anyone wants to have their own set of packages built on a daily or weekly basis then that is quite possible. For instance, I'll probably have a "markc" "distro" with a few custom packages that I particularly want. All I ask in return is that you maintain and test your own source packages.

Along these lines, if anyone has a half decent 64bit computer (2Ghtz cpu/1Gb ram minimum) so you can build both 64bit and 32bit packages, and a reasonable upload speed of at least 50K bits, and wants to build and provide a complete set of packages on their own then I'm happy to help anyone emulate the system I am using. My hosting backend is at Dreamhost (.com) and last month they provided us guys with 400Gb of downloads at quite a reasonable speed of around 300K (~2Mb) for about $100/yr which is pretty damn good value (actually, they have a special on atm of $172 USD for 2 years.) So if anyone wants a recipe for emulating what I am doing with these eth-os/kde-svn packages then just ask.

#886 2009-01-07 03:27:16

atomopawn

Mark -- you rock.  I can't thank you enough for these packages.  I might be interested in helping host (I have a nice 3.2Ghz Dual Core Pentium D server), but since I am traveling now, I will have to talk about it with the wife and so forth when I get back home (I would want to get some space on dreamhost and since we're saving up for a house, I would need to clear it with her).

#887 2009-01-07 04:31:11

markc
Website

To dear Mrs atomopawn, please allow your kind hubbie to invest in 2 years hosting so he can help contribute back to the open source community in general and the folks using these packages in particular. I can assure you Mr atomopawn will have a satisfying and productive time building and managing his own set of packages just as I have for the past year. Cheers and many thanks from all of us here at the "Daily KDE4 Subversion Packages" forum.

#888 2009-01-07 08:50:23

Last of the Wolves

Thanks for kompiling with libotr. OTR is now aviable. I haven't tested it jet. But now there is a general problem with KDE. On startup I get the message that kded crashed. As a result Plasma doesn't show any Plasmoids and global shortcuts (such as Alt+F4 or Alt+F2) don't work. Also Konqueror has a problem. I can't log in here so I had to boot Windows to write this.

Are there others who have this Problem or is it just me.
(I'll try to deactivate the desktop effects. Maybe this will help.)

#889 2009-01-07 12:19:06

maattd
Website

I just buy a c2d e8400 in order to compil (a lot) faster than my actual P4B 2.4Ghz ...
But my connection upload is insanely slow (about 16Ko/s) ..... maybe we can try a distcc or something, to help compiling process

Last edited by maattd (2009-01-07 14:31:18)

#890 2009-01-07 16:35:57

MillTek

@Markc

Latest update cant go forward as kdepim-4.2.0-2009010713-i686.pkg.tar.bz2' is missing from the repo??

#891 2009-01-07 19:03:24

Last of the Wolves

I solved the Problem with kded by reinstalling kdebase. Looks like one of the packages kdenetwork or kdesupport overrides data used either directly by kded or by dbus (included in the error-message from kded). Maybe I'll try reinstalling these packages and starting kde this evening to fetch the problem.

#892 2009-01-07 19:42:13

MillTek

MillTek wrote:

@Markc

Latest update cant go forward as kdepim-4.2.0-2009010713-i686.pkg.tar.bz2' is missing from the repo??

Fixed now.  Thanks

#893 2009-01-08 22:11:56

maattd
Website

@markc , trunk is 4.3 now smile

#894 2009-01-09 11:34:15

Belitsky.A

Hmm... As I can see there are missed some files in qt-copy-doc which exists in qt-doc.

As result there is no help in Qt's assistant with qt-copy-doc.

$ pacman -Ql qt-doc | grep qch
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/html/qchar-members.html
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/html/qchar-qt3.html
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/html/qchar.html
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/html/qcheckbox-members.html
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/html/qcheckbox-qt3.html
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/html/qcheckbox.html
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/html/qchildevent-members.html
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/html/qchildevent-qt3.html
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/html/qchildevent.html
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/qch/
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/qch/assistant.qch
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/qch/designer.qch
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/qch/linguist.qch
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/qch/qmake.qch
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/qch/qt.qch
qt-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/src/snippets/code/src_gui_widgets_qcheckbox.cpp
$ pacman -Ql qt-copy-doc | grep qch
qt-copy-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/src/snippets/code/.svn/text-base/src_gui_widgets_qcheckbox.cpp.svn-base
qt-copy-doc /usr/share/doc/qt/src/snippets/code/src_gui_widgets_qcheckbox.cpp

#895 2009-01-10 01:34:41

markc
Website

@Belitsky.A: thanks for that, I have noticed this before and asked on IRC but got no response. I just updated the qt-copy PKGBUILD to more accurately reflect extra/qt and re-building it now. My qt-copy-doc PKGBUILD is more or less the same as extra/qt-doc so the only real difference is that the extra packages start from a source tarball whereas mine uses svn trunk. So, these *.qch files must br created during a build docs phase and included in the Qt tarball but they are not created when using -no-docs to build the main package from svn.

The best 2 possibilities I see are for me to download the tarball and create a simple temporary package in kde-svn-extra and then see what the official makepkg split methods offer as far as being able to build the qt-copy source WITH docs and split out the qt-copy-docs package from the freshly built main package... if that is feasible.

@all: the stable 4.2 packages are proving a bit ornery to build but my desktop machine has got kdesupport and kdelibs built from tages/kdesupport-for-4.2 and branches/KDE/4.2 so it might only be another 2 days for me to get both archs built and uploaded. There is no extragear for 4.2 (yet?) so I'm not sure what is supposed to happen with, for instance, a stable 4.2 amarok.

#896 2009-01-10 11:05:58

superstoned

markc wrote:

@superstoned: very pleased to hear you find these packages useful and thanks for the heads up on the playground-base-plasma package. It was not being installed properly on my i686 build partition because of conflicting files from an older playground-plasma package that I had not removed. Doh! Fixed now.

Markc, do you have the new networkmanager applet Sebas is working on (http://vizzzion.org/?blogentry=839)??? Cuz I can't find it despite having playground-base-plasma installed sad
There doesn't seem to be a plasma-applet-networkmanager .desktop file in there, but as far as I can see it should be: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/ … rkmanager/

Last edited by superstoned (2009-01-10 11:06:30)

-=] life sucks deeply [=-

#897 2009-01-10 11:06:34

bgmiki

please edit qedje ,qzion and google-gadgets-qt

Last edited by bgmiki (2009-01-10 11:09:41)

#898 2009-01-10 11:36:22

maattd
Website

superstoned wrote:
markc wrote:

@superstoned: very pleased to hear you find these packages useful and thanks for the heads up on the playground-base-plasma package. It was not being installed properly on my i686 build partition because of conflicting files from an older playground-plasma package that I had not removed. Doh! Fixed now.

Markc, do you have the new networkmanager applet Sebas is working on (http://vizzzion.org/?blogentry=839)??? Cuz I can't find it despite having playground-base-plasma installed sad
There doesn't seem to be a plasma-applet-networkmanager .desktop file in there, but as far as I can see it should be: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/ … rkmanager/

I compile it myself, and for the moment, it doesn't work smile Right now, it's better to look at the networkmanager with screenshots..

@markc, Why are you compiling the stable 4.2 package ? You don't follow the trunk anymore ?

#899 2009-01-10 12:57:01

markc
Website

@superstoned: you are right, it seems there should be a lot more content in playground-base-plasma. I see, networkmanager 0.7.0 is in [testing] ... okay so I diddled my [core] build system and forced testing/networkmanager 0.7.0-1 to be installed, which brought in a newer hal as well, so let me know if what you expect is there now.

@bgmiki: I see, I've never heard of these programs and they do not exist as regular Archlinux packages so I would have to create 3 new packages for this request which is a fair bit of work. Providing PKGBUILDs would speed up the process :-)

-- checking for modules 'qzion>=0.3.0;qedje>=0.3.0'
--   package 'qzion>=0.3.0' not found
--   package 'qedje>=0.3.0' not found

@maattd: no problem, the regular daily packages are indeed still svn trunk and they are called 4.3.0 now. What I am doing is to ALSO provide a set of "stable" 4.2 packages that I'll only compile once a week until 4.2 is released and then, after that, only if there are updates or patches to apply to some packages. The idea is that some kde-svn users can switch to a more stable set of packages for the next month or two while waiting for the initial 4.3 rush of changes to settle down and then switch back to kde-svn daily all without having to totally reinstall a different set of packages (like KDEmod etc).

Last edited by markc (2009-01-10 13:04:02)

#900 2009-01-10 13:32:21

superstoned

markc wrote:

@superstoned: you are right, it seems there should be a lot more content in playground-base-plasma. I see, networkmanager 0.7.0 is in [testing] ... okay so I diddled my [core] build system and forced testing/networkmanager 0.7.0-1 to be installed, which brought in a newer hal as well, so let me know if what you expect is there now.

You're my hero. Now it's just waiting until it works properly. And I have sebas' phonenumber so I can tell him to fix it any time I need to big_smile

-=] life sucks deeply [=-

Board footer