You are not logged in.

#901 2009-01-10 15:41:09

bgmiki

Re: Daily KDE4 Subversion Packages

@markc look here  http://chakra-project.org/repo/testing/i686/ and google-gadgets u can found here http://chakra-project.org/repo/unstable/

Last edited by bgmiki (2009-01-10 15:44:50)

#902 2009-01-10 18:00:47

SoftVision

Hi I'd like to give compiling with kdesvn-build a spin. Are all the dependencies I need to compile KDE in this Techbase page? If anyone can give an appropriate list it would help.

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started … Arch_Linux

#903 2009-01-10 18:32:29

superstoned

SoftVision wrote:

Hi I'd like to give compiling with kdesvn-build a spin. Are all the dependencies I need to compile KDE in this Techbase page? If anyone can give an appropriate list it would help.

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started … Arch_Linux

generally the error messages tell you (cryptically) what you need. Did the job for mee, even though sometimes you'll be searching a bit ;-)

-=] life sucks deeply [=-

#904 2009-01-10 19:46:51

bgmiki

after today update x crash? any1 have same problem

#905 2009-01-10 22:41:33

wrc1944

@SoftVision
I did this for about 6 months on Arch, before I discovered markc's great stuff.  Gave up bullding myself on Arch- I get enough of that on my Gentoo partitions. wink

Anyway, it works very well, once you set up the build script correctly. Sorting out the deps wasn't too hard, As I recall, there is a kdesupport entry in the build script.  If not, or it's incomplete, maybe try  installing only markc's kdesupport and qt-copy packages manually- that might work. Then make sure you edit the build script to point to your installed qt4.

Be warned- you need a lot of room to do this, as the build directory will use up many GB's. I needed 12GB when I was also building qt-copy myself, but once qt.4.4.2 came out, I went to using Arch's qt package.  I would try either markc's qt-copy or Arch's qt-4.4.3 first, and disable the kdesvn-build script qt lines.

Post back and let us know how it went.  I'm curious- why wouldn't you try building markc's stuff yourself on Arch- doesn't he provide a script for doing so? 
The result is essentially the same using either method.  My markc Arch pre-compiled packages are virtually identical to my Gentoo kde-svn live installs, except maybe the Gentoo is a bit more optimized for my hardware- not that big of a deal. smile

Good luck!  As I recall, I had a lot of fun with kdesvn-build. smile

Last edited by wrc1944 (2009-01-10 23:29:06)

#906 2009-01-11 00:33:19

zephyr

There are Qzion and Qedje PKGBUILDs in the AUR.

I have also made git PKGBUILDs (Also in the AUR).

http://aur.archlinux.org:80/packages/qe … t/PKGBUILD

http://aur.archlinux.org:80/packages.php?ID=23037

#907 2009-01-11 04:51:21

SoftVision

wrc1944 wrote:

@SoftVision
I did this for about 6 months on Arch, before I discovered markc's great stuff.  Gave up bullding myself on Arch- I get enough of that on my Gentoo partitions. wink

Anyway, it works very well, once you set up the build script correctly. Sorting out the deps wasn't too hard, As I recall, there is a kdesupport entry in the build script.  If not, or it's incomplete, maybe try  installing only markc's kdesupport and qt-copy packages manually- that might work. Then make sure you edit the build script to point to your installed qt4.

Be warned- you need a lot of room to do this, as the build directory will use up many GB's. I needed 12GB when I was also building qt-copy myself, but once qt.4.4.2 came out, I went to using Arch's qt package.  I would try either markc's qt-copy or Arch's qt-4.4.3 first, and disable the kdesvn-build script qt lines.

Post back and let us know how it went.  I'm curious- why wouldn't you try building markc's stuff yourself on Arch- doesn't he provide a script for doing so? 
The result is essentially the same using either method.  My markc Arch pre-compiled packages are virtually identical to my Gentoo kde-svn live installs, except maybe the Gentoo is a bit more optimized for my hardware- not that big of a deal. smile

Good luck!  As I recall, I had a lot of fun with kdesvn-build. smile

Well, I just want to optimize my system completely for my hardware. For the system packages I'm planning to use pacbuilder to recompile the system packages after configuring makepkg.conf. Does kdesvn-build let you compile it to your processor? I mean through CFLAGS?

#908 2009-01-11 06:31:40

wrc1944

Yes- IIRC I did put in some cflags in the kdebuildrc script.

I'm not on my Arch system right now, but when I'm done with my Gentoo kde-live 64bit rebuild, I'll boot Arch, and see if I saved my kdesvnbuild script- pretty sure I have it there, so I can look and see exactly what I did.  I think I set them globally- however, it should explain in the script example about extra opt flags.

EDIT:
Just looked on websvn at the kdesvn-buildrc script- here's the relevant section. Pretty selff explanatory.

# KDE 4 uses CMake.  The equivalent to configure-flags is cmake-options.  BUT
# the same options will not work, CMake expects them in a different format.
# You should probably not need to use cmake-options however. KDE4_BUILD_TESTS
# is provided as an example.
#
# NOTE: If you want the cxxflags option below to work (advanced users only)
# then make sure to set the "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=none" here, or in the specific
# module's cmake-options
#
# Also see http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tut … _Variables
#    cmake-options -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS:BOOL=ON
    cmake-options -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo

# These are the compilation flags to use by default when compiling KDE.
# gcc supports a -march option in order to generate specific code for pentium4, athlon-xp,
# etc.  See the gcc man page for more information.
#
# NOTE: For KDE 4 these flags are only applied if you set the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE setting
# to "none" (see the cmake-options setting)
#
#    cxxflags -pipe -march=i686 # For standard 32-bit systems.

You can also set LDFLAGS:

# You can use the set-env option to add values to the build environment.
#    set-env LDFLAGS -Wl,-O1   # Optimize the linker, takes longer.

The only trouble I had was getting my PATHS setup correctly.
Since kde is written in C++, what you would uncomment the line:
cxxflags -pipe -march=whatever yours is, and then add your desired opt flags. I just used my Gentoo global flags, and it worked fine.
You need to make sure you are using cmake-2.6.2, and get the latest version of kdesvn-buildrc.  You also might need to use the Arch testing repo in order to have new enough versions of all the deps.

Last edited by wrc1944 (2009-01-11 07:08:14)

#909 2009-01-11 15:22:42

superstoned

wrc1944 wrote:

@SoftVision

LOL same here, I used to build using kdesvn-build but this is way easier ;-)

Keep it up, markc!

-=] life sucks deeply [=-

#910 2009-01-12 12:36:47

Last of the Wolves

@markc:
will you please check the dependencies of kdepgraphics? I think there is missing poppler-qt which is necessary for okular to open DPF-Files. pacman missed to install it on my x86_64 sytem.

Thanks,
Last of the Wolves

#911 2009-01-12 16:37:05

MillTek

For the last week or so I've noticed that the Run Command Interface (krunner) crashes with signal 11 every time I restart KDE4.  Obviously it also does it any time I try to use it.   Anyone else getting this as well?  Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks

#912 2009-01-12 16:43:11

Belitsky.A

Any ideas on a fix?

You should write about this on http://bugs.kde.org.

#913 2009-01-12 16:55:27

MillTek

Belitsky.A wrote:

Any ideas on a fix?

You should write about this on http://bugs.kde.org.

True, but if I'm the only one that has this problem then it's more likely to be a problem with my system.  Like yesterday, KDM wouldn't start after I updated. Turns out they changed something that requires consolekit.  The problem was with my setup and not KDE. Is the run command interface working on your system??

#914 2009-01-12 17:22:54

Belitsky.A

True, but if I'm the only one that has this problem then it's more likely to be a problem with my system.

I consider that it is very improbable.
And I have crashes with krunner too, but no on restarting of kde. It occurs when I'm typing some command in it.

#915 2009-01-12 17:35:23

MillTek

Belitsky.A wrote:

True, but if I'm the only one that has this problem then it's more likely to be a problem with my system.

I consider that it is very improbable.
And I have crashes with krunner too, but no on restarting of kde. It occurs when I'm typing some command in it.

Did you write up a bug report?  If so, what is the reference and I'll add my comments to that.

Belitsky,

I just looked through the KDE bugs link you provided. There are a lot of bugs for krunner crashes already, so I'll leave it. They devs must be aware of the issue by now.

Last edited by MillTek (2009-01-12 17:42:16)

#916 2009-01-12 17:49:38

Belitsky.A

Did you write up a bug report?

No, every time I forget about it %).

#917 2009-01-13 12:20:52

deej

Just a quick word of congratulation to all concerned with this project - Well Done smile
I've been using "kde-svn-all" for about a week now, and I'll not easily go back to a
standard install ! A few slight glitches sure, but nothing that prevents me from
using the set-up as a day-to-day desktop.

Just a word for anyone experiencing the latest glitch I found, namely a
problem starting KDE due to a "libck-connector.so.0" error. All I did to overcome this
was to enable the 'Testing' repo, temporarily, and installed 'consolekit' from there.
This cures the ailment !

Once again, well-done to all !

Deej

Last edited by deej (2009-01-13 12:22:32)

#918 2009-01-14 18:36:05

capthookb

mark, playground-base-plasma now builds, but when you do a pacman -Sy kde-svn-all, playground-base-plasma AND playground-plasma get's installed, in i686 at least. You have to delete playground-plasma from the group of kde-svn. I'm looking over kdebindings right now. It seems that the package hasn't been built since june of 2008.

Something is wrong with qyoto and some .exe files from mono. I didn't find many information. Although disabling qyoto building will do for now. So, mark you need to add (or me when the account is ready) cmake -DENABLE_QYOTO=off in PKGBUILD of kdebindings.

Last edited by capthookb (2009-01-14 19:35:11)

#919 2009-01-14 19:24:21

pano

When trying to install extragear-network, I got an error message, saying that libssh2 is needed as dependency. So if anyone else experiences this, you just need to install libssh2 from AUR.

#920 2009-01-14 21:53:29

maattd
Website

No problem with libssh2 in x86_64 wink

#921 2009-01-14 23:24:35

markc
Website

@pano: as maatd said, you need to add the kde-svn-extra repo section for libssh2 (check the 1st post in this forum thread).

@capthookb: I thought I manually removed playground-plasma a month ago but you are right, they're both still there. Removed now. Also, the source packages at http://code.google.com/p/eth-os/ are in a half way state ready for the change over to using kde/svn, kde/extra (instead of kde-svn and kde-svn-extra) and the additional kde/stable section. I just haven't had enough time this week to complete the stable build and I made the mistake of pushing half made changes from my desktop machine to the GC svn repo. My build machine has not been updated and still uses the previous set of source packages. I should have used a branch but I was too lazy to figure out how to manage that with svn. It'll be good to have these source packages in a GIT repo one day.

@Belitsky.A: just curious, how do you manage adding your language these days?

#922 2009-01-15 08:47:38

veek

Thanks a bunch, markc.

I've been running from the testing repo, but after upgrading to the latest KDE 4.2 beta release, the task manager widget was mysteriously missing. I just installed kde-svn from your repo and I have the task manager back, and most things working nicely.

I've done a few times so I'm glad I don't have to compile this beast on a regular basis.

#923 2009-01-15 10:46:24

Belitsky.A

@Belitsky.A: just curious, how do you manage adding your language these days?

I'm using this PKGBUILD for that:

# Contributor: Andrew Belitsky <belitsky.a@gmail.com>
_lang=ru
pkgname=kde-l10n-$_lang
pkgver=4.3.0
pkgrel=$(date +%Y%m%d)
pkgdesc="KDE $pkgver l10n-$_lang package"
arch=('any')
license=('GPL')
depends=('kdebase')
makedepends=('subversion' 'imake')
build() {
    svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-kde4/$_lang
    svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-kde4/scripts
    # build it
    rm -rf $srcdir/build
    mkdir $srcdir/build
    cp -r $_lang/ build/
    cp -r scripts/ build/
    cd $srcdir/build
    ./scripts/autogen.sh $_lang
    cd $_lang
    cmake ./ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$pkgdir/usr/
    make
    make install
}

#924 2009-01-15 16:56:25

maattd
Website

It's not KDE related, but with your other repos
There a little issue with ffmpeg name : "ffmpeg-20081224-2008122411"

#925 2009-01-15 22:31:01

capthookb

http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=168660
mmalek patched the k3b sources a bit, and he claims that k3b can write now. Finally!!! after so many months (or years?)
I believe tomorrow or the next day will be compiled for testing.

Mark, i compiled extragear-multimedia this afternoon and it went 100%. Probably you updated the source code in a wrong time smile
K3b works! big_smile

Last edited by capthookb (2009-01-16 17:44:33)

Board footer