Re: Daily KDE4 Subversion Packages

Maki wrote:

I get
kde is up to date
gui is up to date
dev is up to date

And the build date is 4.1.0-20080429 .

Same here.
http://pkg.markconstable.com/kde/i686/ also shows the last builds to be 20080429...

Greetings.

#152 2008-05-01 00:46:09

markc
Website

Sorry guys, I'm not sure what happened to 20080430 yesterday, maybe my ADSL link dropped out and the upload did not complete. I use "rsync --delay-updates --delete-after" so if the whole ~300Mb does not get uploaded successfully then nothing actually gets updated on the server. I've just doubled checked and 20080501 is definitely there as of now. For x86_64, these 3 failed to build...

FAIL kde/phpqt                                20080501 01:38:07   10   1
FAIL kde/playground-libs                      20080501 01:38:07   10   1
FAIL kde/playground-plasma                    20080501 01:36:40   10   1

and for some reason, kdewebdev also failed on i686. And here is a statement about the recent Plasma changes....

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/on-r … anges.html

Last edited by markc (2008-05-01 01:02:58)

#153 2008-05-03 00:14:14

markc
Website

20080503 is not so good for me, kmail crashes when trying to compose an email and even konqueror dies shortly after take off. I find I need to use Firefox and Thunderbird ATM and I'm a bit concerned that it may only be the packages I'm building and not the upstream source so I'll do a manual rebuild later today and see what I can pick up on that might be a problem. I saw an email that some parts of kdepim, like kmail, could have been dropped from the 4.1 release schedule so there is obviously some akonadi related issues. If it wasn't for FF & TB I'd have to boot into KDE3.

At least plasma is getting better. That little round button on the RHS side of the panel (when at the bottom) finally does something when you click on it. It pops up a long thin panel extension above the panel with 2 options to add or remove widgets. And clicking on the default clock pops up a calendar but that's been there for the last week.

Update: Uh oh, hopefully this is fixed in the next few hours, http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=161547

Last edited by markc (2008-05-03 07:30:07)

#154 2008-05-03 03:35:04

ozar

Hi, markc!

I installed 20080503 on a fresh Arch installation today (with no other desktop environments) and the installation went perfectly.  Thanks a bunch for the really fast repo, and for the binaries.

On first KDE login, I had no desktop background and was unable to right-click on the desktop at all.  On the next login, the background appeared and right-clicking on it worked.  Dolphin took a long time (maybe 10 to 15 seconds) to show up on the desktop when started although it showed up in the taskbar immediately.  Each function from within Dolphin, such as moving files or clicking on them, took between 10 and 30 seconds from the time clicked until the function took place or completed.

Kmail also took a very long time to start and it crashes immediately upon clicking the compose new message button.  Konqueror started fine for me also, but crashed after a minute, or two.  The other apps that I've tried so far seem to work fine.  Yep, plasma is definitely getting better.

Thanks again for all your work on this.

oz

#155 2008-05-03 07:59:25

markc
Website

@ozar: heh, welcome to the rough end of the pineapple. Glad you find the packages useful, and for the feedback. My dolphin takes about 5 seconds to start (on a AMD 6000+) and operations seem more or less instant so the delay you are experiencing may not be normal, or, perhaps my constantly updated system has some libs still in place that help whereas you might have a slightly different placement of support files being a fresh install. I would assume that most KDE developers systems are being constantly updated so they may not notice inconsistencies with the recent move of some support libs. I just restarted my kmail and it took 4 seconds, and yes, my konq also dies after about 5 minutes.

What we really need is a way to seemlessly keep our personal settings somewhere online and be able to do a fresh install and somehow simply update the new ~/.kde configs then we could easily do completely fresh installs (even everyday!). I've been thinking about using Git for this and to offer personal online repos for the purpose. Using GitHub is not feasible because otherwise private info would become public. /me just thinking out loud ATM.

#156 2008-05-03 15:30:12

mutlu_inek

markc wrote:

I saw an email that some parts of kdepim, like kmail, could have been dropped from the 4.1 release schedule so there is obviously some akonadi related issues.

It isn't an akonadi issue. Kmail won't even use akonadi before 4.2, only Mailody does so far. But there is a discussion about which kdepim apps to include in the release since some of them are clearly not functional (e.g. Kpilot) and others have issues that need some concerted efforts. Let's hope the basic Kontact apps and plugins will make it.

#157 2008-05-04 21:09:00

capthookb

Am i the only one that gets these conflicts?

/usr/include/phonon/abstractaudiooutput.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                     
/usr/include/phonon/abstractmediastream.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                     
/usr/include/phonon/abstractvideooutput.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                     
/usr/include/phonon/addoninterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                          
/usr/include/phonon/audiooutput.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                             
/usr/include/phonon/audiooutputinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                    
/usr/include/phonon/backendcapabilities.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/backendinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/effect.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/effectinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/effectparameter.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/effectwidget.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/mediacontroller.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/medianode.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/mediaobject.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/mediaobjectinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/mediasource.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/objectdescription.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/objectdescriptionmodel.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/path.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/phonon_export.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/phonondefs.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/phononnamespace.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/seekslider.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/streaminterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/videoplayer.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/videowidget.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/videowidgetinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/volumefadereffect.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/volumefaderinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/volumeslider.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/abstractaudiooutput.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                     
/usr/include/phonon/abstractmediastream.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                     
/usr/include/phonon/abstractvideooutput.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                     
/usr/include/phonon/addoninterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                          
/usr/include/phonon/audiooutput.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                             
/usr/include/phonon/audiooutputinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'                                                                    
/usr/include/phonon/backendcapabilities.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/backendinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/effect.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/effectinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/effectparameter.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/effectwidget.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/mediacontroller.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/medianode.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/mediaobject.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/mediaobjectinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/mediasource.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/objectdescription.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/objectdescriptionmodel.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/path.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/phonon_export.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/phonondefs.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/phononnamespace.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/seekslider.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/streaminterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/videoplayer.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/videowidget.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/videowidgetinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/volumefadereffect.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/volumefaderinterface.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'
/usr/include/phonon/volumeslider.h exists in both 'kdelibs-dev' and 'qt-copy-dev'

Also i cannot get kmail to work. I get this message when i run kontact:

Cannot load part for Mail.
QLibrary::load_sys: Cannot load /usr/lib/kde4/kmailpart.so (libgpgme++-pthread.so.1.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Is it broken? Because markc you said that you restarted kmail in 5 seconds. I cannot launch it at all.

Last edited by capthookb (2008-05-04 21:12:44)

#158 2008-05-06 00:33:50

markc
Website

@mutlu_inek: thanks for clarifying that. I just assumed that kmail composing no longer working was related to akonadi, obviously something else is affecting it.

@capthookb: unfortunately you have to do a pacman -Syuf because phonon exists in both kdelibs and qt-copy and I'm still not sure where phonon will end up (ie; I need to remove these headers from one or the other package). Suggestions welcome. As for the missing kmail lib, that is odd as it should be in kdepimlibs. All I can suggest is to try upgrading to 20080506 in another hour or so (after this post). It still crashes when clicking on New Message.

# pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libgpgme++-pthread.so
/usr/lib/libgpgme++-pthread.so is owned by kdepimlibs 4.1.0-20080506

FWIW I'll build a fulldebug version for 20070507.

#159 2008-05-06 04:09:16

ozar

Thanks for the updates, Mark.

20080506 is letting me click on the create new message button in kmail without crashing now but most apps like dolphin, konqueror, and kmail are taking a minute or two to pop up on the screen after starting them just like before, but taking even longer now.  I tried starting dolphin in a terminal and it eventually starts, but I get errors about not being able to make contact with dbus although dbus is running.  It's timing out trying to contact it, though.

I'm going to wait until the next updates and try again.

oz

#160 2008-05-06 04:23:38

mutlu_inek

ozar wrote:

most apps like dolphin, konqueror, and kmail are taking a minute or two to pop up on the screen after starting them just like before, but taking even longer now.  I tried starting dolphin in a terminal and it eventually starts, but I get errors about not being able to make contact with dbus although dbus is running.  It's timing out trying to contact it, though.

This could be due to an error in the communication between nepomuk (which now starts per default again) and dbus. I have had such issues a few weeks ago when the soprano storage backends used by nepomuk/strigi (that is redland and sesame2) were not built. Nepomuk tried to store data, but never received proper responses from the backend part. This delayed the startup time of some apps considerably. Try deactivating nepomuk and strigi in the system settings. If that helps, you need to find out why the backends were not built.

Last edited by mutlu_inek (2008-05-06 04:25:23)

#161 2008-05-06 11:41:22

markc
Website

Here are some excerpts from the start of kdesupport cmake log output. Comments welcome. I do have sqlite and fam installed but no java.

+ xsltproc                                                                                                                                                                  
+ MySQL Server                                                                                                                                                              
-- Found Qt-Version 4.4.0-rc1               
-- Found Redland 1.0.6: libs - /usr/lib/librdf.so; includes - /usr/include
-- Found Raptor 1.4.15: libs - /usr/lib/libraptor.so; includes - /usr/include
-- Found Rasqal 0.9.14: libs - /usr/lib/librasqal.so; includes - /usr/include
-- Could not find Java JNI                                                   
-- Found CLucene library: /usr/lib/libclucene.so                             
-- Found CLucene include dir: /usr/include                                   
-- Found CLucene library dir: /usr/lib                                       
-- Found CLucene: /usr/lib/libclucene.so                                     
-- WARNING! - SPARQL ASK queries are broken in rasqal <= 0.9.14. It is recommended to update to at least version 0.9.15.
-- Looking for doxygen... - NOT found                                                                                   
-- Looking for dot tool... - NOT found                                                                                  
--- Soprano Components that will be built:                                                                               
   * Redland storage backend                                                                                            
   * Raptor RDF parser                                                                                                  
   * Raptor RDF serializer                                                                                              
   * The CLucene-based full-text search index library                                                                   
-- Soprano Components that will NOT be built:
   * Sesame2 storage backend (java-based)    
** Expat is disabled. No support for XML via Expat                                     
-- Found LibXml2: /usr/lib/libxml2.so                                                  
-- Found CLucene library: /usr/lib/libclucene.so                                       
-- Found CLucene include dir: /usr/include                                             
-- Found CLucene library dir: /usr/lib                                                 
-- Found CLucene: /usr/lib/libclucene.so                                               
** CLucene is found. Support for CLucene backend is enabled                            
** HyperEstraier is disabled. No support for HyperEstraier backend                     
** SQLite is disabled. No support for SQLite backend                                   
-- Found Exiv2 release >= 0.12                                                         
-- Found Exiv2: /usr/lib/libexiv2.so                                                   
** Exiv2 is found. Support for indexing of EXIF/IPTC metadata is enabled               
-- Found dbus-1 release >= 1.0                                                         
** DBus-1 is found. Support for DBus interface in Strigi daemon is enabled             
** Log4cxx is disabled. No support for advanced logging                                
** FAM is disabled. No support for efficient file change monitoring system             
-- Ensure you cppunit installed version is at least 1.12.0                             
** CppUnit not found. Support for Strigi unit tests is disabled                        
** Java not found. Support for generating xsd parser from *.xsd files is disabled

What is the best java package to install? (I'd rather not install anything to do with java but other folks may want java enabled functionality)

#162 2008-05-06 12:04:50

DanielW

markc:

Ok as i had some problems with nepomuk/soprano and kde4 and now solved most of them with the help of the nepomuk dev, some hints on that:

You should really build the sesame2 backend for soprano. Its much faster than the redland backend.

I would say you the sun jdk for it. (make sure you set the env var JAVA_HOME to make cmake find it)

Then archlinux stable redland is version 1.0.6.  That has some bugs which lead to some problems with soprano. I would use redland 1.0.7 from testing. Works much better here.

Then dbus. About 1 or 2 weeks there was an update in archlinux (stable). Since then i have some problems with dbus (some crashes, some apps have longer startup times,  and as i saw yesterday some memory usage problem. I have it now running with 330 MB of RAM in use :-( ).

I hope there is an update soon (will look later if there is never version in testing).

And then there is still a bug in sopranos sesame2 backend which lets it use more then the allowed 200 mb for the jvm.  Its nearly fixed in some patch i got send yesterday, but i am not sure if that is already in svn. So for now i would recommend to disable strigi in the kde settings. nepomuk itself should be safe. (when using with redland 1.0.7 or sesame2)

DanielW

And yeah: Since yesterday the one week alt kwin bug is fixed. (it had a memory leak when using composing effects).  And qt 4.4 final is now released and in kde svn as qt-copy

#163 2008-05-06 14:11:46

Rokixz
Website

konqueror and nepomukservices eats lots of cpu, even the konqueror won't start.

http://ispconfig.lt - ISPConfig 3 based hosting. Coming Soon!

#164 2008-05-07 05:07:04

markc
Website

@DanielW: thank you for the hints, extra/jdk it is, and all other points noted.

My build machine locked up last night. The debugfull and !strip options filled up my 64bit and 32bit partitions, and left my local repo in a mess so I don't think there will be a 20080507. I'll spend the rest of today and finish off the changes needed to package up the "mpkg" build script I use try and get it ready for a 20080508 build later tonight. I should have done this a month ago so apologies for the delay. The debugfull packages that did get built are about 8 times larger than the release versions, for instance kdelibs is normally 13Mb but the debugfull !strip version is 100Mb, so the ~300Mb set of packages would blow out to >2Gb which is totally unreasonable for me to upload and anyone else to download. I'll focus on getting my build script generalized, so it hopefully makes sense on other folks computers, and then anyone else can build a local debug version if they care to. The only point about using the same method as me is that the build script and PKGBUILDS will be in a common repo so any enhancements to either can obviously be shared around.

#165 2008-05-08 10:24:26

pressh
Developer/TU

markc: do you have interest in adding digikam-svn to your repo?

[edit]
An archive with all the files you need is located here if you decide to add it.

Last edited by pressh (2008-05-08 10:30:46)

#166 2008-05-08 10:42:13

vagskarm

Hi, problem with installation at fresh arch setup:

"Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
checking package integrity...
:: File kdeadmin-4.1.0-20080506-x86_64.pkg.tar.bz2 is corrupted. Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: failed to commit transaction (corrupted package)
file kdeadmin-4.1.0-20080506-x86_64.pkg.tar.bz2 was corrupted (bad MD5 checksum)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded."

Regards
Vagelis

#167 2008-05-08 10:51:15

Belitsky.A

$ sudo pacman -Su
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets: qt-copy-4.4.0-20080508  kdesupport-4.1.0-20080508  kdelibs-4.1.0-20080508  amarok2-2.0.0-20080508  kdepimlibs-4.1.0-20080508  kdebase-4.1.0-20080508  playground-libs-4.1.0-20080508
         extragear-base-4.1.0-20080508  k3b-1.0.4-20080508  kdeaccessibility-4.1.0-20080508  kdeadmin-4.1.0-20080508  kdeartwork-4.1.0-20080508  kdebase-doc-4.1.0-20080508  kdebindings-4.1.0-20080508
         kdegames-4.1.0-20080508  kdegraphics-4.1.0-20080508  kdelibs-dev-4.1.0-20080508  kdelibs-doc-4.1.0-20080508  kdemultimedia-4.1.0-20080508  kdenetwork-4.1.0-20080508  kdepim-4.1.0-20080508
         kdesdk-4.1.0-20080508  kdeutils-4.1.0-20080508  kdevelop-4.1.0-20080508  ktorrent-4.1.0-20080508  m4-1.4.11-1  pkgconfig-0.23-1  plasma-4.1.0-20080507  qt-copy-dev-4.4.0-20080508

Total Download Size:    59,68 MB
Total Installed Size:   518,78 MB

Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages from kde...
error: failed retrieving file 'kdebase-doc-4.1.0-20080508-any.pkg.tar.bz2' from pkg.eth-os.org : Forbidden
error: failed retrieving file 'kdelibs-doc-4.1.0-20080508-any.pkg.tar.bz2' from pkg.eth-os.org : Forbidden
warning: failed to retrieve some files from kde
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

#168 2008-05-08 11:03:28

pressh
Developer/TU

Belitsky.A: add a line in /etc/pacman.conf with

IgnorePkg = kdebase-doc kdelibs-doc

Last edited by pressh (2008-05-08 11:04:33)

#169 2008-05-08 12:43:24

Janax

pressh wrote:

markc: do you have interest in adding digikam-svn to your repo?

[edit]
An archive with all the files you need is located here if you decide to add it.

I actually messed around with this for a little bit about 2 weeks ago, but had problems because there were some missing CMake files.  I was working on resolving it, but ran out of time and haven't had the opportunity since.  I do have a working 'extragear-libs' package (a pre-requisite for digikam), which I'll paste here...

pkgname=extragear-libs
pkgver=4.1.0
pkgrel=`date +%Y%m%d`
pkgdesc="Plugins from extragear (includes libkipi, kipi-plugins, libkdcraw, libk
exiv2, libksane)"
url="http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/libs"
arch=(i686 x86_64)
license=(GPL)
depends=('qt' 'kdelibs' 'kdebase' 'libxft' 'webkitkde')
makedepends=('cmake' 'kdelibs-dev' 'kdebase-dev')
source=()
md5sums=()

build() {
     svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/libs/
     cd $srcdir/libs
     cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release
     make DESTDIR=$pkgdir install || return 1
}

Here is the digikam one (which should work as long as CMake works)

pkgname=extragear-digikam
pkgver=4.1.0
pkgrel=`date +%Y%d%m`
pkgdesc="Digikam is an advanced digital photo management application"
url="http://www.digikam.org"
arch=(i686 x86_64)
license=(GPL)
depends=('qt' 'kdelibs' 'kdebase' 'libxft' 'webkitkde' 'extragear-libs')
makedepends=('cmake' 'kdelibs-dev' 'kdebase-dev')
source=()
md5sums=()

build() {
     svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/
     cd $srcdir/digikam
     cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release
     make DESTDIR=$pkgdir install || return 1
}

Now that I paste these, there may be some need for an 'extragear-libs-dev' package that would add the msising CMake modules, but then I really was thinking they should have been in 'kdelibs-dev', and they weren't in there.  If someone does resolve it, please let me know.

Good luck!

#170 2008-05-08 12:52:25

pressh
Developer/TU

Janax wrote:

Now that I paste these, there may be some need for an 'extragear-libs-dev' package that would add the msising CMake modules, but then I really was thinking they should have been in 'kdelibs-dev', and they weren't in there.  If someone does resolve it, please let me know.

Good luck!

you did noticed I linked an archive with all the PKGBUILDs you need (splitted extragear-libs PKGBUILDs and digikam PKGBUILD)?

CLICK ME FOR THE FILES

Last edited by pressh (2008-05-08 12:52:46)

#171 2008-05-08 13:37:20

Janax

Sorry about my confusion there - I didn't actually click the link - just looked at it.  I figured that the files were a snapshot of the SVN archive because of the name (digikam-svn.tar.gz) and not a set of PKGBUILDs.  Thanks though for making it obvious to 'shortcutters' like me smile.

#172 2008-05-09 00:07:46

aqueura

how about i18n? i use en_US locale, but i got something in chinese to handle everyday....any idea how to get i18n?

#173 2008-05-09 06:56:52

markc
Website

@Belitsky.A: the repo was pretty messed up from my debugfull attempt on 20080507 and 20080508. I'm running 20080509 now and konq/kmail start up quickly and kmail no longer crashes when trying to compose a new message.

@pressh: thanks for the IgnorePkg hint and the digikam files, I'll look into them after the next coffee.

@aqueura: I was wondering when someone was going to ask about languages.  If I recall correctly, all of i18n is almost, or half, as large as the the rest of the kde package set. I think, for now, I'll just take specific requests and build just the languages that are actually wanted... so what is the one you want? Anyone else need a particular language?

The "mpkg" build script is progressing but after messing up my machine with the debugfull attempt I'll proceed a little more cautiously. It took me a month to get the build script to work automatically overnight and I just had a taste of how delicately balanced it is. There is a weekend coming up so it should be ready and in use (the ultimate test) by early next week at the latest.

#174 2008-05-09 13:13:15

Maki
Website

markc wrote:

@Belitsky.A: the repo was pretty messed up from my debugfull attempt on 20080507 and 20080508. I'm running 20080509 now and konq/kmail start up quickly and kmail no longer crashes when trying to compose a new message.

@pressh: thanks for the IgnorePkg hint and the digikam files, I'll look into them after the next coffee.

@aqueura: I was wondering when someone was going to ask about languages.  If I recall correctly, all of i18n is almost, or half, as large as the the rest of the kde package set. I think, for now, I'll just take specific requests and build just the languages that are actually wanted... so what is the one you want? Anyone else need a particular language?

The "mpkg" build script is progressing but after messing up my machine with the debugfull attempt I'll proceed a little more cautiously. It took me a month to get the build script to work automatically overnight and I just had a taste of how delicately balanced it is. There is a weekend coming up so it should be ready and in use (the ultimate test) by early next week at the latest.

Could you build macedonian translation ?!
The country code is mk .
Thanks.

If it ain't broke, broke it then fix it.

#175 2008-05-09 15:32:37

Belitsky.A

markc wrote:

I was wondering when someone was going to ask about languages.  If I recall correctly, all of i18n is almost, or half, as large as the the rest of the kde package set. I think, for now, I'll just take specific requests and build just the languages that are actually wanted... so what is the one you want? Anyone else need a particular language?

Add russian language please.

Board footer