You are not logged in.

#376 2009-07-01 17:04:35

PhotonX

Re: A new lightweight music manager

I'm almost done with the German translation but have some questions:

What the hell are album art patterns?^_^

What does "Clear sort" do? Quite a confusing label...

Sometimes the names are labeled as "Title" and sometimes as "Track", also a bit confusing... In fact it would be the same in German.

I'll try to get the svn version running, the tars are not "bleeding edge" enough. big_smile

Desktop: http://www.sysprofile.de/id15562, Arch Linux    |    Notebook: Thinkpad L13 Yoga Gen2, Manjaro

The very worst thing you can do with free software is to download it, see that it doesn't work for some reason, leave it, and tell your friends that it doesn't work.  -  Tuomas Lukka

#377 2009-07-02 03:57:34

Lyceuhns

msdelos wrote:

ok...
Now if I could reproduce the error..:)
But before it did not happen? the system of audio does not modify anything.. I review now it..  wink

Before, while it's was Consonance yet, didn't happen. neutral

msdelos wrote:

It adds the translations... "Tamanho da arte do álbum" in Portuguese.. is correct?

Wow, i don't need to do this anymore. We have another portuguese translator here. big_smile

msdelos wrote:

(pragha:5453): snyder-WARNING **: (toogle_main_window): Unable to show OSD notification???
It was not any error. It used them to debug the code while it developed systemtray.... Fixed..

Great, thanks a lot!

msdelos wrote:

in svn, the change of size Improves much...Now it makes a preview while it modifies the value of the size..

While it developed, it noticed an increase in the use of the memory.. I surpass 40mb while it tried. But now it works normally to 8.1mb.. Please.. Test!

The erroneous disposition of the panel, was neat, but it was not in svn. stranger, but fixes already it..

I didn't understand somethings, anyway, here, Pragha takes 30 MB, and i don't know why, but Consonance takes about 40 MB here. o.o

#378 2009-07-02 04:15:42

Lyceuhns

PhotonX wrote:

I'm almost done with the German translation but have some questions:

What the hell are album art patterns?^_^

(I think that i could be the worse person to try explain this, but i will give me a try.)
album art patterns, here will be the default name to the album covers, do you know cover.jpg, album.png, art.jpg, something like these, they are art patterns, default names that the program searches in the sequence to show as album art. smile

PhotonX wrote:

What does "Clear sort" do? Quite a confusing label...

Sort will make a column (per example) ordered, if you click in the head of the title column, the playlist will be ordered in alphanumeric sequence (0, a, b, e, h, ...). So, if you clean this order, you cleared the sort. smile 

PhotonX wrote:

Sometimes the names are labeled as "Title" and sometimes as "Track", also a bit confusing... In fact it would be the same in German.

Well, i don't have the minimum idea about german language, but understand that 'track' it's referring to the song file, and the 'title' it's the title of the song. =p
The file 'teste.ogg' is a track, but the title of track is 'Song Of The Test'.

o/

Last edited by Lyceuhns (2009-07-02 04:18:17)

#379 2009-07-02 16:40:11

msdelos

The problem with systray and the mixer of alsa.., It identifies more or less it, but I am not fixing it now, so that it needs some important changes..

You do not worry. The position of Portuguese translator is yours.. wink
Now you have but work because it completes the translations..  They added tooltips and some dialogues that had not translated..

With respect to track versus title in some parts also I am in doubt.. neutral But now, not change..

Them comment..
In the end, it eliminates preview while the size changes.. it really produced but frustrations to me that joys.. It increased to much the used memory and sometimes he appeared album_art when it did not have..

But YES is possible to be changed.. big_smile and now it does not change gtk_progress of the panel, but it is aligned to be but harmonic.. and also it modifies the size of the image of the notification..

Many fixes, and cleaning of the code..

Ahh. add the translation to the Japanese  (in fact in revision 56), tanks  to Masato hashimoto member of the Xfce-i18n.. smile

All this in svn. they try.
I suppose that now everything works correctly.! big_smile yikes

#380 2009-07-03 02:10:29

Lyceuhns

msdelos wrote:

Now you have but work because it completes the translations..  They added tooltips and some dialogues that had not translated..

I'll look into this. =p

msdelos wrote:

With respect to track versus title in some parts also I am in doubt.. neutral But now, not change..

I got it now. =/
Really, 'Artist / Album / Track' sounds strange. neutral

Ohh, japanese translate... it's going too far, hein. ;D

Yokata ne...

o/

#381 2009-07-03 09:57:29

PhotonX

Could we change "Track" to "Title" everywhere? Translating "Track" literally sounds quite strange (as if youn would mean one track of several in an audio editing app, I have to thing of Audacity all the time); translating it as "Title" confuses is with those labels where it is really "Title" in the English version... As Lyceuhns explained it it sounds more like "File name" but is it really the file name?

Concerning "Clear sort": So if you "clear sort" the list gets unordered again? The problem ist that if I do it nothing happens at all...

Last edited by PhotonX (2009-07-03 09:59:41)

Desktop: http://www.sysprofile.de/id15562, Arch Linux    |    Notebook: Thinkpad L13 Yoga Gen2, Manjaro

The very worst thing you can do with free software is to download it, see that it doesn't work for some reason, leave it, and tell your friends that it doesn't work.  -  Tuomas Lukka

#382 2009-07-03 15:57:22

msdelos

I travel again, and not when return.... smile

At least i leave a new revision: http://dissonance.googlecode.com/files/ … .2.tar.bz2

V0.6.2
    Pargha is 100% translatable one.
    Add Japanese translation. - Tanks Masato hashimoto, Xfce-i18n team_ja.
    Add czech translation. - Tanks alois.nespor.
    Add Portuguese-Brazil. - Tanks Lyceuhns.
    Add option to resize album art in preferences.

Good luck! wink

EDIT: "Clear short" it would be necessary to review his behavior. Before, it returned to order the list.. When it returns we see it.
Goodbye!:cool:

Last edited by msdelos (2009-07-03 16:00:38)

#383 2009-07-08 03:43:18

Antonio777
Website

I just installed Pragha, and I have to say a big Thank You to everyone involved.  This is a great app, and a perfect replacement for Exaile for me.  Quicker than Exaile and I like the interface just as well, so a huge Thank You to sacamano_m82 for starting this and to msdelos for continuing on the path.  Thank You!! big_smile

#384 2009-07-08 17:51:18

msdelos

New revision that only adds translations...
   *  Add Russian and Ukrainian language, thanks to Evgen.

http://dissonance.googlecode.com/files/ … .1.tar.bz2

#385 2009-07-08 20:43:13

PhotonX

Oh, I thought you'd be gone for a couple of days. smile So now that you're still here, here's the German translation: http://www.file-upload.net/download-175 … ar.gz.html All the strings including "track" or "title" are set to "fuzzy" for now. Delete link: http://www.file-upload.net/delete-1750882/29q49o.html

#386 2009-07-08 22:45:01

msdelos

Thanks PhotonX!-)
already added in svn!-) yikes

With respect to track versus title, etc. I was playing with amarok 1.4, and exaile to compare translations, and  eliminates all the "/ Tracks"  assuming that the third category is the title of the file.. (Like in amarok and exaile!-)

this good? hmm

If they want to update the translations... Please they review the translations from svn so that still itself adding translations that were skipped to me....

#387 2009-07-09 16:11:55

PhotonX

I haven't really understood what is about the track/title thing. hmm In the svn .pot still both of them exist.

#388 2009-07-20 20:32:42

msdelos

Hello to all.. smile

Long time and few news..

In Svn, Updated czech translation... Thanks alois.nespor...

And a small optimization of code for the update of the view of the library!... Please... Test this! big_smile

Any more… so far. wink

#389 2009-07-23 18:47:37

knopper92

I like the interface, not as cluttered as the other media players i've used. I'm interested to see where this project goes.

Last edited by knopper92 (2009-08-05 07:18:09)

#390 2009-08-05 23:20:16

msdelos

Hello! big_smile

Few advances, because I am with many evaluations.., and when i focus in pragha, I am obsessed with obtaining the filtrate of the playlist. that me this bringing many headaches.. sad

But soon it will obtain, it!!! lol

It was thinking (aside from the filtrate).. Some objection so that pragha depends on gtk> 2.16 ?

Advantages: sexy-icon-entry and eggtrayicon of the code of pragha are eliminated... Reducing the size of tarball, and the application, and it could get to execute itself but fast...;)

suggest.. tongue

#391 2009-08-08 21:54:30

msdelos

V0.6.3 wink
  *  Add remaining time mode to panel.
  *  Pragha remeber and showed last played song when init.
  *  Small optimization in library_tree.
  *  Fixs critical warnings.
  *  Updated czech translation by Alois Nespor.

Tarball: http://dissonance.googlecode.com/files/ … .3.tar.bz2

#392 2009-08-10 01:04:35

Lyceuhns

Thanks the new version.

msdelos wrote:

Few advances, because I am with many evaluations.., and when i focus in pragha, I am obsessed with obtaining the filtrate of the playlist. that me this bringing many headaches.. sad

I know what it means. >.<
So good luck and keep on.

msdelos wrote:

It was thinking (aside from the filtrate).. Some objection so that pragha depends on gtk> 2.16 ?

Advantages: sexy-icon-entry and eggtrayicon of the code of pragha are eliminated... Reducing the size of tarball, and the application, and it could get to execute itself but fast...;)

suggest.. tongue

GTK2, my GTK version is on 1.2.10 only. =p

But i think it's ok, the 2.16 version has a little time already, i think that everybody has it already.

Some changes, so, i'm going to update the translate. wink

Now, here goes a feature request. XD
Does have anyway to add a option to show OSD on mouse over on tray icon?
Much hard?
I know people that think that would be interesting (including me).

Well, i think is this. big_smile

#393 2009-08-10 15:24:07

msdelos

At the moment pragha (and also consonance) depends on gtk2 > 2.10.14. Reviews your installed version.. hmm If you have installed gtk1, is by some old application in particular.. wink

Also, understand that demand 2.16 it is a great change.. (gtk2.10 announcement for almost two years.). and 2,16 are very present. fedora 11 uses 2.16.5, ubuntu jaunty uses 2.16.1..
...and according to " http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/lib32-gtk2/" arch (but updated generally) uses 2.16.5-1

But you do not update the distribution religiously, is difficult that you have 2.16.. roll

Show OSD on mouse over on tray icon?
absolutely he is not complicated. but also it would help to have installed 2.16  lol lol

I explain better..
* gtk-status-icon, was added to gtk2 just in 2.10.. But up to 2,16 (Just for 4 months), I do not add the event gtk-scrool, which allowed to use the wheel of the mouse on systray...
     * This I take to use egg-tray-icon (like to rhythmbox and many other projects.) an external library that adds this characteristic for a long time.

* gtk-entry also up to 2,16 did not allow to add icons, I had to adds sexy-icon-entry.. like rhythmbox, etc, etc.. . .

* And to complete it, up to 2,12 gtk only let use simple text in tooltips... Now it allows to use images, text with format, etc.:D
     * In a while, it gets to add sexy-tooltips to resolve this.

But it was an exaggeration add 3 external libraries, when it was always wanted that pragha/consonance is a light application, fast and simple..!! No??

Making use of gtk 2,16 I can add several characteristics and simplify the code... cool

Now, I look that it works in all the versions of gtk.. so that if it is compiled in a version previous to 2,16, it makes use of sexy-icon-entry/sexy-icon-entry, and if not only it needs gtk..!-)

. ..and they excuse my (veeery bad) English!. sad

#394 2009-08-10 19:21:03

Lyceuhns

So let's say that Pragha depends GTK2>=2.16 and so. big_smile

\o/

#395 2009-08-12 11:25:57

PhotonX

I have a little feature request: Can you make Pragha controllable with the Gnome Keybindings?

#396 2009-08-29 09:04:15

panzeroceania

love your app, wav support would be great!

#397 2009-09-01 06:04:17

lolilolicon

Just drop by to say thanks.

@panzeroceania, wav is supported already.

*  Library management using sqlite3
    * Multiple views
    * OSD support with Libnotify
    * Tag Editing
    * mp3, ogg, flac, modplug, wav and Audio CD support
    * Last.fm submission
    * Playlist management (M3U Exporting)
    * DBUS management interface

Where is (optional) ape support? And also, cuesheet support would be nice. Audacious can do it, you know...

Edit::

Is this a bug?

Click Tools --> Update Library : I see the artists on the left side.
Click Tools --> Library View --> genre : I see genres added below artists, and when I click any artist's name, it expands, showing duplicated files. And then I find Library view options all acting the same... No view changes for me.

Anyone with this same issue?

Last edited by lolilolicon (2009-09-01 07:42:43)

This silver ladybug at line 28...

#398 2009-09-01 16:21:25

ugkbunb

I am reposting my request in hopes that someone with the know-how can implement it.

I organize my musice myself and like to be able to control/add songs to my playlist from the right-click menu. IIRC the only two linux players that allow for this is amarok and mpd... this is pretty much a standard feature in windows and it would help support users like me who can't seem to switch out of their old habit.

amarok %f --play load (play the passed file immedietely)
amarok %F --append  (appends the passed file(s)/folder(s) to end of the current playlist)
amarok %F --queue (I barely use this option, but it queues up the passed file(s)/folder(s) to play next, so it places the files at the top of the current playlist)

Perhaps it can be implemented something like:
pragha %f -p or --play
pragha %F -a or --append

Also for those with 50K+ song libraries it would be nice to be able to store the information in a mysql database... in amarok using mysql instead of sqlite speeds up all the players operations substantially.

#399 2009-09-02 19:40:35

msdelos

lolilolicon wrote:

Just drop by to say thanks.

Is this a bug?

Click Tools --> Update Library : I see the artists on the left side.
Click Tools --> Library View --> genre : I see genres added below artists, and when I click any artist's name, it expands, showing duplicated files. And then I find Library view options all acting the same... No view changes for me.

Anyone with this same issue?

Yes, is a bug great like a house..:/

230 people unloaded the sources, and you were first in commenting it. Thanks. wink

Unfortunately until monday cannot fix it..

..to fix you, in /src/librarytree.c, line 1272 approximately...

gtk_tree_view_set_model(GTK_TREE_VIEW(cwin->library_tree), NULL);

gtk_tree_store_clear(GTK_TREE_STORE(model)); /* Add this line  */

/* Query and insert entries */

ugkbunb:
Next objective for pragha is the queue list... Soon. I want also it to see in pragha..:D
With respect to mysql, I do not have the knowledge, and so far I have other objectives... If somebody wants to help, welcome.:P

#400 2009-09-03 02:37:29

lolilolicon

Thank you, msdelos! Right on spot!

This silver ladybug at line 28...

Board footer