You are not logged in.

#426 2009-11-12 23:01:42

Dogs1985

Re: A new lightweight music manager

screenshot.png

i'm using fluxbox. gmm icon is that .. OK!?

#427 2009-12-02 17:16:45

jazz.arch

After some recent updating (and clearing of the pacman cache) I get the following error when starting pragha:

pragha: error while loading shared libraries: libcdio.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I do have libcdio installed, though.

What could be the problem?

#428 2009-12-02 17:48:52

Nezmer
Website

jazz.arch wrote:

After some recent updating (and clearing of the pacman cache) I get the following error when starting pragha:

pragha: error while loading shared libraries: libcdio.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I do have libcdio installed, though.

What could be the problem?

Just rebuild pragha.

English is not my native language .

#429 2009-12-03 17:21:22

redbit

I just read about pragha last week and playing around with it. And I have say that I'm really impressed. Very small and fast.
I'm thinking about what I could complain, but there isn't really any point. Maybe you could add the blue pragha logo to the bottom left, where Pragha Music Manager is printed ;-)

Last edited by redbit (2009-12-03 17:22:09)

#430 2009-12-06 12:43:25

jazz.arch

Nezmer wrote:

Just rebuild pragha.

Thank you!

Edit:
I just noticed that if you want to move through your music library using the keyboard (TAB to the first interpret in the library and then press the downwards key repeatedly), the list doesn't scroll correctly.

Last edited by jazz.arch (2009-12-08 10:05:53)

#431 2009-12-19 21:14:52

msdelos

Hello all... tongue

A long time that not develop, or participate in the forum. roll

In svn:
*  Restore 'Shuffle' and 'Repeat' options in the panel.
*  Move 'Add the library' menu item to 'Tools' menu.
*  Move 'Connect to CDDB server' option to 'General' tab.
*  Add 'Current play time' in the systray tooltip.
*  Use Control+space to play and pause pragha.

Test...
Soon another final tarball..

Good news..
Packages for Ubuntu karmic in https://launchpad.net/~sgo.ger/+archive/sgo-stable
... and pragha was proposed to rpmfusion: https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/show_bug.cgi?id=980

Lyceuhns: Sorry.. You could send back the translation..?? Thanks..

Regards...
Matias.

Last edited by msdelos (2009-12-19 23:22:07)

#432 2009-12-20 01:21:28

Lyceuhns

Hi there,
finally good news, thanks. big_smile

BUT, i don't want to be boring, but being already... sad

Well, let's go:
first, thanks for the buttons in the panel, but can you put then a tip (it's a little hard to know what button reffer to what, when cross the cursor over the buttons, doesn't appear nothing), please tips like this:
tip.png

second, remember that suggestion about change the OSD (when change song) with the other OSD (when you put mouse over tray icon), here, one more reason:
osd_fail.png
It can't display ' or ", the name of the song is "Let's Race", but look how it appears...

third, thanks for add current time to OSD, but...
osd_ok.png
first, i understand what you want mean with the word "duration", but in this English context, the proper word is "lenght" (and it's already in the po files, just reuse the word and throw the new word from pot file please);
second, don't you think that it's better display the current time and total time as <current_time>/<total_time> instead <total_time>/<current_time>?
It is used by convention 2/10 (two from ten), 25%/100%, etc... o.o

Cheers! o/

Edit: Oh, now i saw your edit, please, take the po file here. Already update with the new lines. wink

Last edited by Lyceuhns (2009-12-20 02:31:01)

#433 2009-12-20 07:54:32

PhotonX

Lyceuhns wrote:

Well, let's go:
first, thanks for the buttons in the panel, but can you put then a tip (it's a little hard to know what button refer to what, when cross the cursor over the buttons, doesn't appear nothing), please tips like this:
http://trunk.lyceuhns.net/tip.png

Hmm, strange, I do get such tooltips... yikes

Lyceuhns wrote:

second, remember that suggestion about change the OSD (when change song) with the other OSD (when you put mouse over tray icon)

I'm using notify-osd and I like it. Wouldn't want to replace it by a simple tooltip. smile

Otherwise I fully second your suggestions.

Last edited by PhotonX (2009-12-20 07:55:10)

Desktop: http://www.sysprofile.de/id15562, Arch Linux    |    Notebook: Thinkpad L13 Yoga Gen2, Manjaro

The very worst thing you can do with free software is to download it, see that it doesn't work for some reason, leave it, and tell your friends that it doesn't work.  -  Tuomas Lukka

#434 2009-12-20 13:55:42

msdelos

Revert Length instead Duration. It is logical..;)and added tooltips to shuffle and repeat button.

<current_time>/<total_time>??
It is used by convention 2/10 (two from ten), 25%/100%, etc... o.o??
Yes. but only by convention.. Nor is it consistent to say: Length = proportion.. no??:/

But many players show him that way. Therefore, Oka. Fixed.;)

Apostrophe problems are due to notification daemon (http://trac.galago-project.org/ticket/165), and believed it had been fixed.. But no, sorry.

Mm.. Many people who prefer the notification daemon (or notify-osd!-) instead of the tooltip.
I understand that the systray tooltips is more elegant, but this is not a notication. So, sorry but it is a matter of whim, but can not be done.:(

Now, at least notification daemon were made more consistent with system tray tooltips.

The notification daemon shows:

Pragha Music manager.
===== =  Title: letsf.... .
=ALBUM=  Artist: gggg
=  ART  =  Album: ffff
===== =  Length: 22:22

Prefer this, or before??

And excuse me again!, You can update the translation on subversion..? roll

#435 2009-12-20 17:44:46

Lyceuhns

PhotonX wrote:
Lyceuhns wrote:

Well, let's go:
first, thanks for the buttons in the panel, but can you put then a tip (it's a little hard to know what button refer to what, when cross the cursor over the buttons, doesn't appear nothing), please tips like this:
http://trunk.lyceuhns.net/tip.png

Hmm, strange, I do get such tooltips... yikes

I guessed strange too...

msdelos wrote:

...added tooltips to shuffle and repeat button.

But now, it's ok, thanks. smile

PhotonX wrote:
Lyceuhns wrote:

second, remember that suggestion about change the OSD (when change song) with the other OSD (when you put mouse over tray icon)

I'm using notify-osd and I like it. Wouldn't want to replace it by a simple tooltip. smile

I see, i would listen to others opinions about too. smile

msdelos wrote:

Apostrophe problems are due to notification daemon (http://trac.galago-project.org/ticket/165), and believed it had been fixed.. But no, sorry.

Mm.. Many people who prefer the notification daemon (or notify-osd!-) instead of the tooltip.
I understand that the systray tooltips is more elegant, but this is not a notication. So, sorry but it is a matter of whim, but can not be done.sad

Now, at least notification daemon were made more consistent with system tray tooltips.

The notification daemon shows:

Pragha Music manager.
===== =  Title: letsf.... .
=ALBUM=  Artist: gggg
=  ART  =  Album: ffff
===== =  Length: 22:22

Prefer this, or before??

Sorry msdelos, i didn't know about this "bug", in fact, i supposed that the problem was with the app code. =p
Nothing more against notification-daemon, and more, i have remembered that have alternatives (like notify-osd and more), and some of then, you can personalize the OSD. Indeed, i vote for it too. big_smile
(Right now i'm trying notify-osd, thanks PhotonX.)
BUT, i prefer the old way of display, this way is good too, but i think that the old way emphasize the track title, this is my view, what do you think?

In resume: i like notification-daemon osd too, it was just a suggestion, but now i see that this way it's great.
But i like the old way of display, what do you say?

pot file wrote:

Repeat playback list at the end

I think is just: 'Repeat playlist'

And now a little poll: what do you think about a 'repeat song' function, i don't miss it, but looking at the 'repeat playlist' function, i remembered that can be useful some time.

msdelos wrote:

Revert Length instead Duration. It is logical..;)...

Here goes other question: why did you added other line (with 'Length' word) to the pot file?
I saw now, i suggested it wrong, the right is 'length' not 'lenght'. Take a look at the pot file, and you will find a line with the 'length' word already, and you added 'lenght'. I'm so sorry. hmm
(But take easy, remember that i'm not a native english speaker. =x)

msdelos wrote:
Lyceuhns wrote:

<current_time>/<total_time>??
It is used by convention 2/10 (two from ten), 25%/100%, etc... o.o??

Yes. but only by convention.. Nor is it consistent to say: Length = proportion.. no??

Sorry, but now, i don't understand. u.u

msdelos wrote:

And excuse me again!, You can update the translation on subversion..?

Please, take it here.

Sorry the BIG post.
Cheers. o/~

Last edited by Lyceuhns (2009-12-20 18:01:53)

#436 2009-12-20 18:12:40

PhotonX

Lyceuhns, sorry, my mistake. I thought, you meant those buttons' tooltips that actually were on your screenshot. On the repeat and shuffle buttons I didn't have tooltips, too. smile

Desktop: http://www.sysprofile.de/id15562, Arch Linux    |    Notebook: Thinkpad L13 Yoga Gen2, Manjaro

The very worst thing you can do with free software is to download it, see that it doesn't work for some reason, leave it, and tell your friends that it doesn't work.  -  Tuomas Lukka

#437 2009-12-20 18:19:28

Lyceuhns

PhotonX wrote:

Lyceuhns, sorry, my mistake. I thought, you meant those buttons' tooltips that actually were on your screenshot. On the repeat and shuffle buttons I didn't have tooltips, too. smile

Were just on the shuffle and repeat buttons really. =P

But now, everything is ok. big_smile

#438 2009-12-21 01:34:53

msdelos

BUT, i prefer the old way of display, this way is good too, but i think that the old way emphasize the track title, this is my view, what do you think?

Okaa.. will try different ways of showing this. wink

pot file wrote: Repeat playback list at the end

Yess.. It is questionable.. but i just wanted the tooltip to more information than the same icon.
I thought like you, but change it, for fear that it is understood that pressing the button will automatically repeat playlist, when in fact repeats the playlist when this ends.
It is more confusing?

Here goes other question: why did you added other line (with 'Length' word) to the pot file???

D'Oh!. Sorry... Fixed.

Yes. but only by convention.. Nor is it consistent to say: Length = proportion.. no??

Sorry, but now, i don't understand. u.u

Uhmm.. in tooltips add "Length: current time / total time", and expect to see "Length = total time" (Like everyone else I hope), but we are showing length = current time / total time (and this is the proportion of time played over the total time).

Same no matter..It is understood ..;)

Best regards..

and your translation has already been added ... thanks!!:D

#439 2009-12-21 03:58:17

Lyceuhns

msdelos wrote:

Okaa.. will try different ways of showing this. wink

Please, don't worry about this, do what you think is the best. smile

msdelos wrote:

pot file wrote: Repeat playback list at the end

Yess.. It is questionable.. but i just wanted the tooltip to more information than the same icon.
I thought like you, but change it, for fear that it is understood that pressing the button will automatically repeat playlist, when in fact repeats the playlist when this ends.
It is more confusing?

Hum, now i understand what you mean. I will update this on the po file.

Uhmm.. in tooltips add "Length: current time / total time", and expect to see "Length = total time" (Like everyone else I hope), but we are showing length = current time / total time (and this is the proportion of time played over the total time).

Oh, yes, now i see. But this way, is really more usual, i opened now my VLC and SMPlayer, and both display this way, don't explicit length, but in our case, the context is more important. smile

And nobody talked about this (damn  english, this 'you' is plural):

Lyceuhns wrote:

And now a little poll: what do you think about a 'repeat song' function, i don't miss it, but looking at the 'repeat playlist' function, i remembered that can be useful some time.

Thanks and cheers! o/

#440 2009-12-21 13:35:45

msdelos

OKaa..

Sorry, but I just add another translation.. 'Show hidden files' roll option that is now displayed in the File Pane.. lol

This is the latest patch for a few days, since I have no time...

...only need to fix the problem of the play queue, and if no new problem, before 2010 comes pragha 0.7.2..:D

#441 2009-12-21 16:34:59

x0rg

looks a bit like foobar2000.
I know foobar is very complex, but I'd love to see a music-manager comparable to foobar on linux!
Right now I'm happy with my mpd + sonata combo, but I'll try consonance on my new netbook when I get it for christmas!

Last edited by x0rg (2009-12-21 16:37:30)

#442 2009-12-21 16:45:02

Lyceuhns

x0rg wrote:

I know foobar is very complex, but I'd love to see a music-manager comparable to foobar on linux!

I use it yet with Wine to convert music formats, very good and a converter like a function it's great, unfortunately no Linux app sound converter close to foobar2000 converter. neutral

Last edited by Lyceuhns (2009-12-21 16:46:32)

#443 2009-12-21 17:05:37

Lyceuhns

msdelos wrote:

OKaa..

Sorry, but I just add another translation.. 'Show hidden files' roll option that is now displayed in the File Pane.. lol

This is the latest patch for a few days, since I have no time...

...only need to fix the problem of the play queue, and if no new problem, before 2010 comes pragha 0.7.2..:D

Did you change app category on the .desktop file? Now, Pragha is on the 'Others' category. neutral

Here is the updated translation. smile

o/

#444 2010-02-20 15:21:14

msdelos

Hello everyone..
New release..  Pragha 0.7.2: "Basic queue support!"

Basic queue playlist support!-)
Now you can add and remove multiple songs to be played.
(Special thanks to Christian Hergert by gtkcellrendererbubble.)

Others Changes:
Use Desktop file XDG compliant. Thanks to Christoph.
Use shared files XDG compliant. Thanks to Christoph.

Restore 'Shuffle' and 'Repeat' options in the panel.

Add 'Current play time' in the systray tooltip.
Notifications, more consistent at the systray tooltips.

Move 'Add the library' menu item to 'Tools' menu.
Move 'Connect to CDDB server' option to 'General' tab.

Use Control+space to play and pause.
Remove 'Show Hidden Files in File View' preferences option, and add 'show hidden files' menu item, to popup menu of file pane.

Updates Translations:
Portuguese translation thanks to Lyceuhns.
Spanish translation thanks to msdelos.

Bugs fixed:
Fixs GDK_Delete no work in search entry.

Note: When playing songs from the play queue, deletes references to previous songs.

As you see... I have little time lately... But pragha continues to develop!! roll

Lyceuhns: Sorry, can not add the updated translation.. hmm

P.d:Still need to improve the playback queue..
At this time when you play one song from the play queue, it forgets the previously played songs. It should not be so, but wanted to get this version fast..

#445 2010-02-22 14:28:20

PhotonX

Sorry, can't update the German translation right now, I'm having my exams. sad

#446 2010-02-22 20:13:56

sebcactus

Hi there!

My two cents:

In init.c:
Shouldn't one use g_get_user_config_dir() instead of g_get_home_dir() and then concatenating /.config ?
I think this way it would use the environment variable $XDG_CONFIG_HOME properly. You are only using the default value ($HOME/.config).
That might be good for people using different variables smile

Last edited by sebcactus (2010-02-22 20:14:50)

#447 2010-02-24 01:43:17

msdelos

PhotonX.. Do not worry .. wink As always thanks! We are all very busy ..
Sebcactus: Thanks for those two cents...:) Fixed in Svn..

Also in svn, add support for recent files in the file selector..

Now I think very seriously about deleting the files pane, as Gtk file chooser exceeds the capabilities of this.

Uhmm..
Advantages of GTK-file-chooser.
* Add Multiple files.
* Now remembers the last song added.
* You can find songs that are not in the library using tracker/beagle.
* Bookmarks.
* Patch Bar.

Many of these features can be developed on the files pane. But we can say that this panel is just a fancy to imitate amarok 1. Which I love! (I have installed this version). and discovered that the file selector meets my needs to spend energy on its development.

What do you think?

At gtk-file-chooser only need to develop support for adding folders... Much simpler. wink

#448 2010-02-24 02:59:14

DeeCodeUh

This isn't amazing for me since I use QT and KDE, but It's a WORLD better than Amarok.
How can something like Amarok get so screwed up with like 20 developers? I feel like I'm walking a sloth when I'm using Amarok!

#449 2010-02-24 03:00:44

DeeCodeUh

BTW, please thread the library indexing or something. Because 5 minutes to index my collection of a thousand songs is ridiculous.

#450 2010-02-25 00:08:13

msdelos

Yes... Time of the library indexing be improved! hmm
I am also considering using tracker for this like solang[1] but later. smile

In svn, adds support for adding folders (Based on Audacius code. /src/ui_fileopen.c) recursively in file chooser and remember last folder used.

Please.. Test. roll

[1] http://debarshiray.wordpress.com/2010/0 … g-for-0-4/

Board footer