You are not logged in.

#26 2008-06-06 22:55:18

Stythys
Website

Re: Tremulous players in a DAILY BASIS in arch community ?

elgatofelix wrote:

damn i got permanent bans in Dretch*Storm and Dretch Tsunami lol (ip ban mad)
Im getting nice statistics of perma bans

SST
Dretch Storm
Tsunami
PureTremulous

Does someone have amounts of cpu and bandwidth to run a Server ?

I have enough bandwidth to run a trem server, voice comms, whatever we need. I actually haven't played it in awhile, but last summer that's like all I did, and I did run a server back then, so I'm sure I could get back into the swing of things pretty fast. So yeah...if you really do wanna run some sort of trem server for an arch clan or something, I'd be cool with that big_smile

Last edited by Stythys (2008-06-06 23:07:37)

[home page] -- [code / configs]

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#27 2008-06-06 23:59:58

LTSmash
Website

Stythys wrote:
elgatofelix wrote:

damn i got permanent bans in Dretch*Storm and Dretch Tsunami lol (ip ban mad)
Im getting nice statistics of perma bans

SST
Dretch Storm
Tsunami
PureTremulous

Does someone have amounts of cpu and bandwidth to run a Server ?

I have enough bandwidth to run a trem server, voice comms, whatever we need. I actually haven't played it in awhile, but last summer that's like all I did, and I did run a server back then, so I'm sure I could get back into the swing of things pretty fast. So yeah...if you really do wanna run some sort of trem server for an arch clan or something, I'd be cool with that big_smile

Wohooooooooooooooo...

I just played today with aliens, and hell confusing wall crawling, but the game is fun when you get to understand a little bit tongue

Proud Ex-Arch user.
Still an ArchLinux lover though.

Currently on Kubuntu 9.10

#28 2008-06-08 22:28:05

elgatofelix

I've found this in dretch storm forum! I rock.. this is my .. who knows?th time i get a ban

http://groups.obliter8.com/node/3475

Look at the picture shown in the message.. there u can see the Tag for archlinux members

it is: Name {Archer} (your name, a single space, a red {, turn white color, type Archer, and red } again

Are u listening?

#29 2008-06-08 22:32:09

X/ax
Website

Resently started - with nick xlax#archlinux
Also, the colors, how the ** ? tongue
Been playing on the amsterdam unlimited thanks to this topic... It's one big server, and I never got to end a game tongue

My coding blog (or an attempt at it)
Archer start page (or an attempt at it)

#30 2008-06-08 22:39:32

Stythys
Website

elgatofelix wrote:

I've found this in dretch storm forum! I rock.. this is my .. who knows?th time i get a ban

http://groups.obliter8.com/node/3475

Look at the picture shown in the message.. there u can see the Tag for archlinux members

it is: Name {Archer} (your name, a single space, a red {, turn white color, type Archer, and red } again

As long as there is no official "arch" clan, there is no official tag. Personally, (I think it was finferflu who mentioned it) I like the @archlinux idea better. It's more unique. Everybody uses the {<tag>} method. Oh, and as I mentioned, I can get an official server up and running anytime if we do want a clan

And secondly...do you seriously get banned constantly for deconning and tk'ing like that post says? 'cause that's like...not cool =P. I've never understood why some people find ruining other's people's fun a good time.

Last edited by Stythys (2008-06-08 22:41:57)

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#31 2008-06-08 22:44:16

kensai
Website

Colors are not necessary, write Archer how you want to.

Follow me in: Identi.ca, Twitter, Google+

#32 2008-06-08 23:10:48

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

elgatofelix, if you're a deconner, I will make sure I play against the team you're in tongue

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#33 2008-06-10 09:31:50

weseven

X/ax wrote:

Resently started - with nick xlax#archlinux
Also, the colors, how the ** ? tongue
Been playing on the amsterdam unlimited thanks to this topic... It's one big server, and I never got to end a game tongue

aw, seen you big_smile
but you probably did not notice me, was .::S3V@N:::. (iirc) to make fun of another player (::T@M3::.) smile
see you soon, archers big_smile

oh, and about the colors, use the caret ( ^ ) followed by a 1-8 number .
^1 = red , ^7 = white, i.e.

Last edited by weseven (2008-06-10 09:34:01)

#34 2008-06-12 00:56:17

Daenyth
Forum Fellow

I play at least every other day. Often on AA, ::|, Fragify, EBSF, and a few others. Just tried benmachine's new MD instagib mod today, was tons of fun. Everyone should read my tips for newbies thread. Learn from it if you're new, and improve it if you're an old hand.

Last edited by Daenyth (2008-06-12 00:57:44)

#35 2008-06-16 08:39:07

Stythys
Website

so um...any interest in any sort of clan or no? as mentioned I can easily host a server

-- Bregol

#36 2008-06-16 11:03:57

droog

Stythys wrote:

so um...any interest in any sort of clan or no? as mentioned I can easily host a server

I wonder the same thing. i heard a rumor that phrakture offered kensai to make a server on archlinux.org so im waiting for that,
but i just made that up so who knows.

#37 2008-06-16 18:16:42

Stythys
Website

droog wrote:
Stythys wrote:

I wonder the same thing. i heard a rumor that phrakture offered kensai to make a server on archlinux.org so im waiting for that,

Well I'm just wonderin' if there's interest, 'cause no point in me setting up a server if no one wants to =P

-- Bregol

#38 2008-06-16 21:31:43

Daenyth
Forum Fellow

More servers is always good. Unlagged, FF on, BFF on, MoveFF off, 100bp, preferably lakitu's qvm. Those are my recommendations. Oh and give me admin too.

Oh and no gay boxes in servername, don't want to attract the _PL crowd.

EDIT: And for fucks sake, there are enough ATCS-only servers. Please no. And no bullshit like pushcannon...

EDIT2: Censorship, on MY Arch forums? It's more likely than you think.

Last edited by Daenyth (2008-06-16 21:33:57)

#39 2008-06-16 22:20:54

elgatofelix

Stythys wrote:
droog wrote:
Stythys wrote:

Well I'm just wonderin' if there's interest, 'cause no point in me setting up a server if no one wants to =P

Is it running ? what name or IP ?

Are u listening?

#40 2008-06-17 00:25:54

Stythys
Website

Daenyth wrote:

More servers is always good. Unlagged, FF on, BFF on, MoveFF off, 100bp, preferably lakitu's qvm. Those are my recommendations. Oh and give me admin too.

EDIT: And for fucks sake, there are enough ATCS-only servers. Please no. And no bullshit like pushcannon...

Alrighty, server's up. The IP is 'twilightlair.net' and the port I'm using is 53311. Atm it's just a basic configuration I setup. PM me on IRC when you have the chance, Daenyth, and we can meet on the server and I'll give ya admin, and you can set the server up with a good configuration.

-- Bregol

#41 2008-06-17 06:28:58

elgatofelix

Stythys wrote:
Daenyth wrote:

Alrighty, server's up. The IP is 'twilightlair.net' and the port I'm using is 53311. Atm it's just a basic configuration I setup. PM me on IRC when you have the chance, Daenyth, and we can meet on the server and I'll give ya admin, and you can set the server up with a good configuration.

I tried to connect to the server but it stops loading when it gets 3 light-blue bars 100 %
I typed the autodownload thing in console but nothing
Is it clasic tremuous or mod ?

Are u listening?

#42 2008-06-17 08:31:10

Stythys
Website

it's classic trem.

that probably means you have some invalid .pk3 files. check your base folder and make sure there's no extra vm's or anything

-- Bregol

#43 2008-06-17 10:37:14

weseven

Stythys wrote:

it's classic trem.

that probably means you have some invalid .pk3 files. check your base folder and make sure there's no extra vm's or anything

same for me, but my pk3 are ok, i can play on any other server hmm
it loads everything, then the screen flickers a second, like normally changing the view to the field, then it goes back to the loading screen.
no clue sad

#44 2008-06-17 13:49:14

Daenyth
Forum Fellow

Stythys wrote:

Sure, when I can. Right now my trem computer is missing a monitor (died). I should be getting my new one in a day or two. Laptop isn't beefy enough. Also, it sounds like you might be having some config issues. If you hook me up with ssh I might be able to fix it up, if that's ok with you. (You do have a dedicated user account for it, right?)

#45 2008-06-19 17:58:43

Stythys
Website

alrighty guys Daenyth and I reconfigured the server the other day, and it's back up and running. same host and port and everything. try connecting again

-- Bregol

#46 2008-06-19 21:16:59

kiepmad

I can setup a teamspeak server if anyone is interested.
Man, it would be cool if we got to fight some distrowars. ;-)

I played the game once but I lost interest pretty soon. ;-) I might try again the other day...

#47 2008-06-20 00:40:19

Stythys
Website

nah it's alright, I can handle voice comms as well. So if anyone's interested, I put a mumble server up.

server: twilightlair.net
port: 64739

-- Bregol

#48 2008-06-20 08:27:18

kiepmad

cool, I just need to get in touch with mumble then. ;-) What server are you using anyway?

#49 2008-06-20 09:24:26

Stythys
Website

for trem:

port: 53311

for mumble:

port: 64738

both have been listed previously in the thread =P

Last edited by Stythys (2008-09-06 23:26:15)

-- Bregol

#50 2008-06-20 14:55:20

gnud

Noone here playing on the _good_ european servers, like Aliens Wrath? sad

( /me is gnud@tm )

Edit: Didn't mean to bash the wonderful initiative of setting up a server. I'll check it out later tonight perhaps...

Last edited by gnud (2008-06-20 14:56:49)

Board footer