Gen2ly
Website

Re: Goggles Music Manager

GogglesGuy wrote:
Gen2ly wrote:

Can I start gmm minimized?  I've tried:

gmm --toggle-shown
gmm --toggle-shown hide

But maybe I'm missing something?  Or is it not available.

Do you want  just minimized or minimized to tray?

Oop, my bad smile.  Minimized to tray.

Setting Up a Scripting Environment | Proud donor to wikipedia - link

#202 2009-10-16 14:25:01

GogglesGuy
Website

Gen2ly wrote:
GogglesGuy wrote:
Gen2ly wrote:

Can I start gmm minimized?  I've tried:

gmm --toggle-shown
gmm --toggle-shown hide

But maybe I'm missing something?  Or is it not available.

Do you want  just minimized or minimized to tray?

Oop, my bad smile.  Minimized to tray.

Except for small bug in the current version, if you quit gmm while it is minimized to tray, it should come up minimized to tray next time you start GMM. Would that be enough? (the current bug will show the mini player when you quite minimized).

#203 2009-10-18 11:11:40

Gen2ly
Website

Hmm, must got the bug you describe.  Tried quiting while minimized and restarting and it opens in mini-player mode.  Hmm, yeah the option to keep minimized to tray would probably work ok here on KDE as it saves the session, so I'm guessing that gmm will load minimized to tray on bootup when said bug is fixed.  An option like 'gmm -dock' would be real nice though that can be added to KDE autostart and then not have to worry about if I closed gmm during a session and then rebooted.

#204 2009-10-20 17:36:04

yule

New arch user here - thanks for creating this player. It's fast, does everything I want and the UI is ok. Congrats on a well-written software!

#205 2009-10-22 01:15:40

GogglesGuy
Website

Gen2ly wrote:

Hmm, must got the bug you describe.  Tried quiting while minimized and restarting and it opens in mini-player mode.  Hmm, yeah the option to keep minimized to tray would probably work ok here on KDE as it saves the session, so I'm guessing that gmm will load minimized to tray on bootup when said bug is fixed.  An option like 'gmm -dock' would be real nice though that can be added to KDE autostart and then not have to worry about if I closed gmm during a session and then rebooted.

In the 0.10.8 release, you should be able to use the new "--tray" command line option to do this. It also fixes the mini-player bug.
The new version should also be able to utilize the asf and mp4 support in taglib, which should save about 100k in executable size!.

#206 2009-10-22 01:16:21

GogglesGuy
Website

yule wrote:

New arch user here - thanks for creating this player. It's fast, does everything I want and the UI is ok. Congrats on a well-written software!

Thanks for trying GMM! I'm glad you like it.

#207 2009-10-22 01:52:43

Gen2ly
Website

GogglesGuy wrote:
Gen2ly wrote:

In the 0.10.8 release, you should be able to use the new "--tray" command line option to do this. It also fixes the mini-player bug.
The new version should also be able to utilize the asf and mp4 support in taglib, which should save about 100k in executable size!.

Niiiiiiice!  I might be a bit choosy at times, but this is makes things 10x easier for me on when I need to get something done quick (On load).

Thanks for the new fearture, Goggles.

#208 2009-10-22 23:27:30

Gen2ly
Website

Just got 0.10.8 and it works great.  --tray does exactly as it's supposed to.  Just thought I'd mention (if you didn't know) that the --tray option isn't listed when typing 'gmm --help'.

Last edited by Gen2ly (2009-10-23 01:10:19)

#209 2009-10-23 07:35:34

AngryKoala

Every time I open a music file outside of gmm, it crashes with "Segmentation fault"

#210 2009-10-23 15:08:30

GogglesGuy
Website

AngryKoala wrote:

Every time I open a music file outside of gmm, it crashes with "Segmentation fault"

Could you a little bit more specific. I assume you mean when gmm is running, and you try to open another music file using gmm it crashes. Does this happen for all files, or just for some specific files? Are you opening the file from a file browser or from the commandline (if from the file browser, can you try running it from the command line)? Would you be able to debug it (you would need to compile gmm yourself)

Thanks.

#211 2009-10-23 17:49:49

AngryKoala

GogglesGuy wrote:
AngryKoala wrote:

Could you a little bit more specific. I assume you mean when gmm is running, and you try to open another music file using gmm it crashes. Does this happen for all files, or just for some specific files? Are you opening the file from a file browser or from the commandline (if from the file browser, can you try running it from the command line)? Would you be able to debug it (you would need to compile gmm yourself)

Thanks.

Whether gmm is running or not, when I double click on any music file in any folder, gmm crashes.  It happens for all files on my hdd.  When I open gmm and click on a song that has already been loaded in the gmm library, it works perfectly.  Command line did not show anything except "Segmentation fault".  I would not know how to debug it sad but I'd like to learn.

When I try to open gmm through commandline with the --xine-debug on it says this:

[samp@sampa ~]$ gmm --xine-debug
audio_oss_out: Opening audio device...                                            
audio_oss_out: audio.device.oss_device_name = auto, probing devs                  
audio_oss_out: using device >/dev/dsp<                                            
audio_oss_out: using SNDCTL_DSP_GETODELAY                                         
audio_oss_out: supported modes are mono stereo (4-channel not enabled in xine config) (5-channel not enabled in xine config) (5.1-channel not enabled in xine config) (a/52 pass-through not enabled in xine config)                                  
audio_out: thread created                                                         
xine_stream_new                                                                   
xine: found input plugin  : file input plugin                                     
load_plugins: probing demux 'anx'                                                 
load_plugins: probing demux 'image'                                               
load_plugins: probing demux 'flac'                                                
id3: ID3V2.4 tag                                                                  
load_plugins: probing demux 'nsf'                                                 
load_plugins: probing demux 'realaudio'                                           
load_plugins: probing demux 'snd'
load_plugins: probing demux 'tta'
load_plugins: probing demux 'voc'
load_plugins: probing demux 'vox'
load_plugins: probing demux 'aud'
load_plugins: probing demux 'aiff'
load_plugins: probing demux 'mpeg_block'
load_plugins: probing demux 'avi'
load_plugins: probing demux 'ogg'
load_plugins: probing demux 'iff'
load_plugins: probing demux 'yuv4mpeg2'
load_plugins: probing demux 'matroska'
ebml: invalid master element
load_plugins: probing demux 'pva'
load_plugins: probing demux 'flashvideo'
load_plugins: probing demux 'wve'
load_plugins: probing demux 'idcin'
load_plugins: probing demux 'ipmovie'
load_plugins: probing demux 'vqa'
load_plugins: probing demux 'wc3movie'
load_plugins: probing demux 'roq'
load_plugins: probing demux 'str'
load_plugins: probing demux 'film'
load_plugins: probing demux 'smjpeg'
load_plugins: probing demux 'fourxm'
load_plugins: probing demux 'vmd'
load_plugins: probing demux 'asf'
load_plugins: probing demux 'mpeg_pes'
load_plugins: probing demux 'fli'
load_plugins: probing demux 'slave'
load_plugins: probing demux 'mpeg-ts'
load_plugins: probing demux 'real'
load_plugins: probing demux 'mng'
load_plugins: probing demux 'quicktime'
load_plugins: probing demux 'nsv'
load_plugins: probing demux 'mpeg'
load_plugins: probing demux 'dts'
demux_dts: unsupported DTS stream type, or not a DTS stream
load_plugins: probing demux 'ac3'
load_plugins: probing demux 'wav'
load_plugins: probing demux 'cdda'
load_plugins: probing demux 'rawdv'
load_plugins: probing demux 'mpc'
load_plugins: probing demux 'shn'
load_plugins: probing demux 'elem'
load_plugins: probing demux 'flac'
load_plugins: probing demux 'yuv_frames'
load_plugins: probing demux 'sputext'
load_plugins: probing demux 'wavpack'
load_plugins: probing demux 'mp3'
xine: found demuxer plugin: MPEG audio demux plugin
demux_mpgaudio: loose mp3 sync at offset 0
audio discontinuity #1, type is 0, disc_off 0
id3: ID3V2.4 tag
vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 13790
load_plugins: plugin mad will be used for audio streamtype 01.
xine_play
audio discontinuity #2, type is 2, disc_off 0
play_internal ...done
Segmentation fault

Last edited by AngryKoala (2009-10-23 17:50:50)

#212 2009-10-23 18:31:13

GogglesGuy
Website

AngryKoala wrote:
GogglesGuy wrote:
AngryKoala wrote:

Thanks.

Whether gmm is running or not, when I double click on any music file in any folder, gmm crashes.  It happens for all files on my hdd.  When I open gmm and click on a song that has already been loaded in the gmm library, it works perfectly.  Command line did not show anything except "Segmentation fault".  I would not know how to debug it sad but I'd like to learn.

To debug gmm, you need build gmm yourself. See the install page for details on how to do it: http://code.google.com/p/gogglesmm/wiki … rom_Source

Make sure to pass '--enable-debug' to the configure script. Once build you can run/debug gmm directly from the source directory:

gdb src/musicmanager

Then on the gdb shell, to start running gmm:

(gdb)  run

Once it stops running, you can get the full stack trace:

(gdb) where

And send me the whole stack trace (directly by email if you can)

#213 2009-10-24 14:35:03

krum

I'm trying GMM, what a wonderfull music player!!!
Light, fast, simple... so kiss wink

Good job!!!

#214 2009-10-25 10:55:02

Dogs1985

do anyone using fluxbox here? my gmm tray look ugly.

#215 2009-10-28 18:52:58

GogglesGuy
Website

Dogs1985 wrote:

do anyone using fluxbox here? my gmm tray look ugly.

Ugly is kind of subjective. Could you be more specific?

#216 2009-10-28 22:45:39

AngryKoala

Thanks for the fix!

#217 2009-11-01 11:02:39

sand_man

gmm won't play radio streams anymore.
I'm getting the error,

"No input plugin found to play:
http://livestream.freshfm.com.au:8000"

I have tried other streams with the same result.
I'm guessing I'm just missing a plugin but I have all the gstreamer plugins installed so I don't know what it could be.
I haven't removed any packages recently.

neutral

#218 2009-11-01 14:47:14

GogglesGuy
Website

sand_man wrote:

I'm getting the error,

I'm guessing I'm just missing a plugin but I have all the gstreamer plugins installed so I don't know what it could be.

I think the radio service is just down. My radio streams work fine, except for this one.

#219 2009-11-01 22:20:00

sand_man

Really? I tried two different streams last night.
I'll try again when I get home.

neutral

#220 2009-11-02 01:43:44

Gen2ly
Website

sand_man wrote:

I'm getting the error,

Tried the station and no luck here.  Who knows, maybe it's because I'm in America smile.

On a semi-related question, are internet playlists supported?  I remember a couple versions ago I could get a commonly used one to work (playlist.pls... or stream.pls was it?).  I tried others like news.pls... that would either give the 'no input' like above, or would crash gmm.  With the new version, I can't specify the playlist and have to just give the address like the above.  I haven't read the whole thread so if there are others posts that I haven't seen I apologize.

#221 2009-11-02 01:57:28

GogglesGuy
Website

Gen2ly wrote:
sand_man wrote:

I'm getting the error,

Tried the station and no luck here.  Who knows, maybe it's because I'm in America smile.

On a semi-related question, are internet playlists supported?  I remember a couple versions ago I could get a commonly used one to work (playlist.pls... or stream.pls was it?).  I tried others like news.pls... that would either give the 'no input' like above, or would crash gmm.  With the new version, I can't specify the playlist and have to just give the address like the above.  I haven't read the whole thread so if there are others posts that I haven't seen I apologize.

If libfetch is installed both m3u and pls are supported. If you think you have a url that is supposed to work but it doesn't, post it here, so I can see if something is broken in gmm or not. The freshfm didn't work in vlc and mplayer as well, so that's why I think the service is down...

In any case my streamingsoundtracks.com radio is working fine for me: http://loudcity.com/stations/streamings … Ogg-hd.m3u

#222 2009-11-03 11:22:04

sand_man

It's working now. Sorry for jumping to conclusions there big_smile
By the way, get on it! Its a great radio station! http://www.fresh927.com.au/streams/liveAAC.m3u

neutral

#223 2009-11-13 09:55:00

Dogs1985

screenshot.png

i'm using fluxbox. gmm icon is that .. OK!?

#224 2009-11-13 15:21:26

GogglesGuy
Website

Dogs1985 wrote:

http://s8ntug.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p … enshot.png

i'm using fluxbox. gmm icon is that .. OK!?

Ah I see. The icon has to blended with a certain background color, and by default this is the background color of the main user interface. I either probably need a different icon that doesn't need to be blended, or introduce a new color setting for the tray icon background color. (or somehow retrieve the background color of the system tray).

#225 2009-11-14 15:52:53

dioltas

Hey man, just came on here to say how much I like goggles!

I've used loads of music players and just said I'd give it a go. It does everything I want and is nice and light! Thanks, great work.

Ironically as I came on here to post about how much I liked it I found a bug I think.
If I go to Music -> New Playlist, or in the sources window right click and select New Playlist goggles crashes on me.

I get this output in the terminal:

$ gmm
FXComposeContext: illegal window parameter
Aborted

and I tried to debug it as you said above, here is what I got from gdb:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/me/builds/musicmanager-0.10.10/src/musicmanager
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
localedir: /usr/share/locale
No Filter
listGenres():                         273832
listArtist():                        7213918
listAlbums():                        7780646
listTracks():                         384615
FXComposeContext: illegal window parameter

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0xb7fe1424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) where
#0  0xb7fe1424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb744f561 in raise () from /lib/libc.so.6
#2  0xb7450d62 in abort () from /lib/libc.so.6
#3  0xb7ef2ed5 in FX::fxerror(char const*, ...) () from /usr/lib/libFOX-1.6.so.0
#4  0xb7d7fd17 in FX::FXComposeContext::create() () from /usr/lib/libFOX-1.6.so.0
#5  0xb7edf124 in FX::FXWindow::createComposeContext() () from /usr/lib/libFOX-1.6.so.0
#6  0xb7eb7ead in FX::FXTextField::setFocus() () from /usr/lib/libFOX-1.6.so.0
#7  0x08089248 in GMDatabaseSource::onCmdNewPlayList (this=0x8186800) at src/GMDatabaseSource.cpp:2138
#8  0x08075831 in GMDatabaseSource::handle (this=0x8186800, sender=0x820e488, sel=2162704, ptr=0x1) at src/GMDatabaseSource.cpp:321
#9  0x080d620c in GMSourceView::onCmdNewPlayList (this=0x8206c50, sender=0x820e488, ptr=0x1) at src/GMSourceView.cpp:294
#10 0x080d494f in GMSourceView::handle (this=0x8206c50, sender=0x820e488, sel=2162744, ptr=0x1) at src/GMSourceView.cpp:49
#11 0xb7e34d72 in FX::FXObject::tryHandle(FX::FXObject*, unsigned int, void*) () from /usr/lib/libFOX-1.6.so.0
#12 0xb7e2f4c5 in FX::FXMenuCommand::onButtonRelease(FX::FXObject*, unsigned int, void*) () from /usr/lib/libFOX-1.6.so.0
#13 0xb7e30180 in FX::FXMenuCommand::handle(FX::FXObject*, unsigned int, void*) () from /usr/lib/libFOX-1.6.so.0
#14 0xb7d5a33c in FX::FXApp::dispatchEvent(_XEvent&) () from /usr/lib/libFOX-1.6.so.0
#15 0x08066d48 in GMApp::dispatchEvent (this=0x816ab58, ev=...) at src/GMApp.cpp:212
#16 0xb7d52da2 in FX::FXApp::runOneEvent(bool) () from /usr/lib/libFOX-1.6.so.0
#17 0xb7d53018 in FX::FXApp::run() () from /usr/lib/libFOX-1.6.so.0
#18 0x080aebab in GMPlayerManager::run (this=0xbffff4c8, argc=@0xbffff5f0, argv=0xbffff694) at src/GMPlayerManager.cpp:918
#19 0x08118119 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff694) at src/main.cpp:54

The playlist thing doesn't bother me too much, as it's not something I use that much but I said I'd let you know. Maybe I just have it set up wrong or something, but the above makes little sense to me big_smile Oh and sorry if this has been sorted already.

Oh I love the logo too! Great program.

Last edited by dioltas (2009-11-14 16:10:41)

Board footer