You are not logged in.

#226 2009-06-10 14:20:38

pjjanak
Member
Registered: 2008-08-17
Posts: 128

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

Has anyone gotten this to work with suspend/resume yet? Have I missed the boat?

Offline

#227 2009-06-10 20:35:08

sDoky
Member
From: Brno, Czech Republic
Registered: 2008-09-24
Posts: 183

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

pjjanak wrote:

Has anyone gotten this to work with suspend/resume yet? Have I missed the boat?

yeah, it isn't supported yet, well I am not sure it is intended to implement this...


Linux!

Offline

#228 2009-06-10 20:39:34

pjjanak
Member
Registered: 2008-08-17
Posts: 128

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

sDoky wrote:
pjjanak wrote:

Has anyone gotten this to work with suspend/resume yet? Have I missed the boat?

yeah, it isn't supported yet, well I am not sure it is intended to implement this...

It is, at least it seems that way from the website/looking at one of the theme's .xml files.

Peter

Offline

#229 2009-06-11 07:41:33

sDoky
Member
From: Brno, Czech Republic
Registered: 2008-09-24
Posts: 183

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

pjjanak wrote:
sDoky wrote:
pjjanak wrote:

Has anyone gotten this to work with suspend/resume yet? Have I missed the boat?

yeah, it isn't supported yet, well I am not sure it is intended to implement this...

It is, at least it seems that way from the website/looking at one of the theme's .xml files.

Peter

And does the website say when is this version planned to be released?


Linux!

Offline

#230 2009-06-11 12:02:30

pjjanak
Member
Registered: 2008-08-17
Posts: 128

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

It's already been released as far as I know...

Offline

#231 2009-07-11 23:42:29

TiZ
Member
Registered: 2009-02-27
Posts: 47

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

For some reason, when I shut down, Splashy only appears on the left half of my screen, with messed up colors. What could cause this?

Offline

#232 2009-07-12 19:42:44

sDoky
Member
From: Brno, Czech Republic
Registered: 2008-09-24
Posts: 183

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

TiZ wrote:

For some reason, when I shut down, Splashy only appears on the left half of my screen, with messed up colors. What could cause this?

just for sure: try

sudo mkinitcpio -p kernel26

Linux!

Offline

#233 2009-07-12 19:47:31

sDoky
Member
From: Brno, Czech Republic
Registered: 2008-09-24
Posts: 183

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

This could be caused by any kernel changes without having done the command I posted right above, so that's my luckiest guess...


Linux!

Offline

#234 2009-07-13 00:30:17

TiZ
Member
Registered: 2009-02-27
Posts: 47

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

I did that several times, and it didn't change anything.

Offline

#235 2009-07-13 08:29:21

sDoky
Member
From: Brno, Czech Republic
Registered: 2008-09-24
Posts: 183

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

I would try recompiling it from the top... but that's my last advice, I am out of those. Sorry


Linux!

Offline

#236 2009-08-03 11:32:56

algorythm
Member
From: /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/FIN
Registered: 2009-07-17
Posts: 178

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

I'm also have this "Something failed, killing splashy..." thing when shutting down.

I myself don't see anything odd in here: /var/log/splash/splash.log:

Hello damned debugger
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.sysinit Running initscript...
/etc/rc.sysinit set_sysinit
SPLASH_PROGRESS_TOTAL=33 SPLASH_AUTORUN_COMMAND=splash_sysinit
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_sysinit
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_sysinit
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_wait_till_ready
tries=0
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Booting Arch Linux...
/etc/rc.sysinit printhl
/etc/rc.sysinit printhl
/etc/rc.sysinit printhl
/etc/rc.sysinit printhl
/etc/rc.sysinit printhl
/etc/rc.sysinit printsep
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Starting UDev Daemon
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Loading Modules
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Loading standard ACPI modules
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Loading UDev uevents
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit printhl
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Bringing up loopback interface
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Mounting Root Read-only
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Checking Filesystems
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Mounting Local Filesystems
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Activating Swap
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Configuring System Clock
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Initializing Random Seed
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Removing Leftover Files
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Setting Hostname: myhost
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Updating Module Dependencies
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Setting Locale: en_US.utf8
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Setting Consoles to UTF-8 mode
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_busy
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_print
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_print
Loading Keyboard Map: fi
/etc/rc.sysinit stat_done
/etc/rc.sysinit deltext
/etc/rc.sysinit splash_progress
/etc/rc.sysinit splashy_progress
/etc/rc.multi splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.multi splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.multi Running initscript...
/etc/rc.multi set_multi
SPLASH_PROGRESS_TOTAL=33 SPLASH_AUTORUN_COMMAND=splash_multi
/etc/rc.multi splash_multi
/etc/rc.multi splashy_multi
/etc/rc.multi splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi splashy_progress
/etc/rc.multi splash_print
/etc/rc.multi splashy_print
Loading daemons...
/etc/rc.multi start_daemon
/etc/rc.multi log_daemon
/etc/rc.multi splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi splashy_progress
/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng stat_busy
/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng deltext
/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng splash_print
/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng splashy_print
Starting Syslog-NG
/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng stat_done
/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng deltext
/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi start_daemon
/etc/rc.multi log_daemon
/etc/rc.multi splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi splashy_progress
/etc/rc.d/hal splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.d/hal splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.d/dbus splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.d/dbus splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.d/dbus stat_busy
/etc/rc.d/dbus deltext
/etc/rc.d/dbus splash_print
/etc/rc.d/dbus splashy_print
Starting D-BUS system messagebus
/etc/rc.d/dbus stat_done
/etc/rc.d/dbus deltext
/etc/rc.d/dbus splash_progress
/etc/rc.d/hal stat_busy
/etc/rc.d/hal deltext
/etc/rc.d/hal splash_print
/etc/rc.d/hal splashy_print
Starting Hardware Abstraction Layer
/etc/rc.d/hal stat_done
/etc/rc.d/hal deltext
/etc/rc.d/hal splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi start_daemon
/etc/rc.multi log_daemon
/etc/rc.multi splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi splashy_progress
/etc/rc.d/network splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.d/network splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.d/network stat_busy
/etc/rc.d/network deltext
/etc/rc.d/network splash_print
/etc/rc.d/network splashy_print
Starting Network
/etc/rc.d/network stat_done
/etc/rc.d/network deltext
/etc/rc.d/network splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi start_daemon
/etc/rc.multi log_daemon
/etc/rc.multi splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi splashy_progress
/etc/rc.d/netfs splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.d/netfs splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.d/netfs stat_busy
/etc/rc.d/netfs deltext
/etc/rc.d/netfs splash_print
/etc/rc.d/netfs splashy_print
Mounting Network Filesystems
/etc/rc.d/netfs stat_done
/etc/rc.d/netfs deltext
/etc/rc.d/netfs splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi start_daemon
/etc/rc.multi log_daemon
/etc/rc.multi splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi splashy_progress
/etc/rc.multi start_daemon
/etc/rc.multi log_daemon
/etc/rc.multi splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi splashy_progress
/etc/rc.d/alsa splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.d/alsa splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.d/alsa stat_busy
/etc/rc.d/alsa deltext
/etc/rc.d/alsa splash_print
/etc/rc.d/alsa splashy_print
Restoring ALSA Levels
/etc/rc.d/alsa stat_done
/etc/rc.d/alsa deltext
/etc/rc.d/alsa splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi start_daemon
/etc/rc.multi log_daemon
/etc/rc.multi splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi splashy_progress
/etc/rc.d/fam splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.d/fam splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.d/rpcbind splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.d/rpcbind splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.d/rpcbind stat_busy
/etc/rc.d/rpcbind deltext
/etc/rc.d/rpcbind splash_print
/etc/rc.d/rpcbind splashy_print
Starting rpcbind
/etc/rc.d/rpcbind stat_done
/etc/rc.d/rpcbind deltext
/etc/rc.d/rpcbind splash_progress
/etc/rc.d/fam stat_busy
/etc/rc.d/fam deltext
/etc/rc.d/fam splash_print
/etc/rc.d/fam splashy_print
Starting File Alteration Monitor
/etc/rc.d/fam stat_done
/etc/rc.d/fam deltext
/etc/rc.d/fam splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi start_daemon
/etc/rc.multi log_daemon
/etc/rc.multi splash_exit
/etc/rc.multi splashy_exit
/etc/rc.multi splashy_kill
tries=0
/etc/rc.multi splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi splashy_progress
/etc/rc.d/gdm splash_enabled_cmdline
/etc/rc.d/gdm splash_enabled_config
/etc/rc.d/gdm stat_busy
/etc/rc.d/gdm deltext
/etc/rc.d/gdm splash_print
/etc/rc.d/gdm splashy_print
Starting GDM
/etc/rc.d/gdm stat_done
/etc/rc.d/gdm deltext
/etc/rc.d/gdm splash_progress
/etc/rc.multi splash_exit
/etc/rc.multi splashy_exit

Last edited by algorythm (2009-08-03 11:36:10)


PC: ASUS M5A87, AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 10GB DDR III 1333MHz, Nvidia GT 720, Samsung SSD 830 Series 256GB, HDD 3 TB SATA II 7200RPM
OS: Arch 64-bit / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Other: KB: Logitech G110, M: Logitech G500, I: 100/10M

Offline

#237 2009-08-03 16:19:56

adamruss
Member
Registered: 2008-01-17
Posts: 142

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

when it says "Something failed, killing splashy..." it means one of the services failed, shutdown without splash to see who is failing and why, and fix it, it has nothing to do with splashy.


CPU: MacBook Pro 5,5
TB: OSX 10.6 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 9.10

Offline

#238 2009-08-06 13:13:37

det
Member
Registered: 2009-07-11
Posts: 39

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

With me splashy failed at the beginning also. Dun really remember how I got it running tho'.

Last edited by det (2009-09-30 12:41:36)

Offline

#239 2009-09-01 15:48:59

abauomy
Member
Registered: 2009-06-14
Posts: 17

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

I Have this error

Making all in doc
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-splashy-full/splashy-full/src/splashy-0.3.13/doc'
pod2man --section 1 --center "Splashy POSIX boot splash system" --date `date +%Y-%m-%d` splashy_update.pod > splashy_update.1
/bin/sh: pod2man: command not found
make[2]: *** [splashy_update.1] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-splashy-full/splashy-full/src/splashy-0.3.13/doc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-splashy-full/splashy-full/src/splashy-0.3.13'
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...
Error: Makepkg was unable to build splashy-full package.


PLZ Help

Offline

#240 2009-09-01 16:51:09

smartboyathome
Member
From: $HOME
Registered: 2007-12-23
Posts: 334
Website

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

abauomy wrote:

I Have this error

Making all in doc
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-splashy-full/splashy-full/src/splashy-0.3.13/doc'
pod2man --section 1 --center "Splashy POSIX boot splash system" --date `date +%Y-%m-%d` splashy_update.pod > splashy_update.1
/bin/sh: pod2man: command not found
make[2]: *** [splashy_update.1] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-splashy-full/splashy-full/src/splashy-0.3.13/doc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-splashy-full/splashy-full/src/splashy-0.3.13'
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...
Error: Makepkg was unable to build splashy-full package.


PLZ Help

You're missing pod2man. Don't ask me which package it is part of, though, as I honestly have no clue. sad

Offline

#241 2009-09-01 16:57:08

Beini
Member
From: Finland
Registered: 2007-06-06
Posts: 78

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

smartboyathome wrote:
abauomy wrote:

I Have this error

Making all in doc
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-splashy-full/splashy-full/src/splashy-0.3.13/doc'
pod2man --section 1 --center "Splashy POSIX boot splash system" --date `date +%Y-%m-%d` splashy_update.pod > splashy_update.1
/bin/sh: pod2man: command not found
make[2]: *** [splashy_update.1] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-splashy-full/splashy-full/src/splashy-0.3.13/doc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-splashy-full/splashy-full/src/splashy-0.3.13'
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...
Error: Makepkg was unable to build splashy-full package.


PLZ Help

You're missing pod2man. Don't ask me which package it is part of, though, as I honestly have no clue. sad

/usr/bin/perlbin/core/pod2man is owned by perl 5.10.0-6

archlinux x86_64 user || My PKGBUILDs

Offline

#242 2009-09-01 21:15:29

abauomy
Member
Registered: 2009-06-14
Posts: 17

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

perl 5.10.0-6 Alrady installed !!!!

Offline

#243 2009-09-19 21:48:50

Anton_K
Member
Registered: 2008-10-05
Posts: 5

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

I have made a patched PKGBUILD for initscripts-splashy solving this problem:

It seems that a shutdown-script kills Splashy too early at shutdown. So Splashy shows only a few "shutdown-messages" and then i see a black screen and "Acpid: exiting" for a few seconds before the PC goes down. I think the last splashy-message is "Sending SIGTERM To Processes" or "Sending SIGKILL To Processes".  Before this update splashy showed all messages (like "Deactivating Swap", "Unmounting Filesystems" and so on).

Download

Offline

#244 2009-09-19 22:20:00

Beini
Member
From: Finland
Registered: 2007-06-06
Posts: 78

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

Anton_K wrote:

I have made a patched PKGBUILD for initscripts-splashy solving this problem:

It seems that a shutdown-script kills Splashy too early at shutdown. So Splashy shows only a few "shutdown-messages" and then i see a black screen and "Acpid: exiting" for a few seconds before the PC goes down. I think the last splashy-message is "Sending SIGTERM To Processes" or "Sending SIGKILL To Processes".  Before this update splashy showed all messages (like "Deactivating Swap", "Unmounting Filesystems" and so on).

Download

Possible to do this without touching the official initscripts? I would prefer having the initscripts package installed, as initscripts-splashy is not really needed. And using initscripts-splashy could lead to breakage when updating etc.


archlinux x86_64 user || My PKGBUILDs

Offline

#245 2009-09-20 08:16:24

adamruss
Member
Registered: 2008-01-17
Posts: 142

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

you can use this pkg:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27916

it's more up to date and dosent need initscripts-splashy


CPU: MacBook Pro 5,5
TB: OSX 10.6 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 9.10

Offline

#246 2009-09-20 11:58:22

Anton_K
Member
Registered: 2008-10-05
Posts: 5

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

Beini wrote:

Possible to do this without touching the official initscripts? I would prefer having the initscripts package installed, as initscripts-splashy is not really needed. And using initscripts-splashy could lead to breakage when updating etc.

No, it's not possible because the rc.shutdown script must be patched to let splashy work properly at shutdown. I always used initscripts-splashy instead of initscripts and had no problems.

Offline

#247 2010-03-30 17:41:44

wag
Member
Registered: 2010-03-30
Posts: 1
Website

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

Concerning splashy while hibernating/resuming:
uswsusp has support but the package in [community] does not include it.

Compiling uswsusp 0.8 from http://suspend.sourceforge.net with '--enable-splashy' raises an error:

checking for splashy_open in -lsplashy... no
configure: error: Required libsplashy was not found

I got it working with the 0.9 source from here: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/g … -utils.git

Package: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=36053

Last edited by wag (2010-03-30 17:43:51)

Offline

#248 2011-01-09 21:30:50

Anderson
Member
From: Lviv, Ukraine
Registered: 2010-03-25
Posts: 8
Website

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

sorry for bumping the old thread, but here is the solution if you are missing pod2man:

[anderson@arch /usr]$ find . -name pod2man
./lib/perl5/core_perl/bin/pod2man
[anderson@arch /usr]$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/bin/pod2man /usr/bin/

Offline

#249 2011-01-09 22:16:00

sDoky
Member
From: Brno, Czech Republic
Registered: 2008-09-24
Posts: 183

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

Anderson wrote:

sorry for bumping the old thread, but here is the solution if you are missing pod2man:

[anderson@arch /usr]$ find . -name pod2man
./lib/perl5/core_perl/bin/pod2man
[anderson@arch /usr]$ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/bin/pod2man /usr/bin/

dude... thanks for your post ... big_smile I've switched to gentoo since then wink


Linux!

Offline

#250 2011-10-07 22:44:14

airydragon
Member
Registered: 2011-09-24
Posts: 3

Re: Arch Linux and Splashy, a big update

e4rat and splashy doesn't play nice :

$ dmesg | grep splash
[    0.000000] Command line: root=/dev/disk/by-uuid/36ed9363-72c2-4bc5-bb76-d83f6002d128 ro 5 init=/sbin/e4rat-preload pcie_aspm=force splash
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: root=/dev/disk/by-uuid/36ed9363-72c2-4bc5-bb76-d83f6002d128 ro 5 init=/sbin/e4rat-preload pcie_aspm=force splash
[    2.940828] splashy[284]: segfault at 0 ip           (null) sp 00007fffc3fbfb98 error 14 in splashy[400000+5000]

(* work in progress)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB