You are not logged in.

#51 2010-11-07 03:59:02

lpb612

Re: Good PDF reader.

Since I see that there several MUPDF fans here, I thought I'd share something that I found about it.

What I wanted is the bookmarking capability. MUPDF has it, but by reading the manual, I had the impression that it can only do "m" and "t", which is to mark a page, and go back to it. If you do "m" on several pages, then you can go back to them one by one using several "t" s. (Just like a stack push and pop).

But there is a better way: you can do ?m and ?t, where ? is a number. Then you can make several marks independently and go back to any of them at any time.

Maybe you have already known this, but just in case ... smile

#52 2010-11-07 13:52:20

Sara
Website

lpb612 wrote:

Since I see that there several MUPDF fans here, I thought I'd share something that I found about it.

What I wanted is the bookmarking capability. MUPDF has it, but by reading the manual, I had the impression that it can only do "m" and "t", which is to mark a page, and go back to it. If you do "m" on several pages, then you can go back to them one by one using several "t" s. (Just like a stack push and pop).

But there is a better way: you can do ?m and ?t, where ? is a number. Then you can make several marks independently and go back to any of them at any time.

Maybe you have already known this, but just in case ... smile

I just learned about it yesterday, so if you had mentioned it a day sooner, it would have been news to me.

The problem with this is that the bookmarks do not save across sessions (they don't save after I close MuPDF). At least, this is how it is in the darcs version.

Registed Linux User 483618

#53 2014-01-18 11:34:51

techabyte

I know its a old thread but Just installed MUPDF and its great!

#54 2014-01-18 14:39:09

fsckd
Forum Fellow

techabyte, please see Forum Etiquette: Old Threads / Necro-Bumping. Closing.

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

Board footer