You are not logged in.

#51 2008-09-28 12:18:04

Rasi
Website

Re: Moving to Openbox

Recorder would be perfect for me, if it would allow me to change burning speed on dvds... same problem with bashburn by the way.. The only app that does this is k3b, it seems

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#52 2008-09-28 13:14:01

icrave

For recorder, you can change the speed of cdrecord/growisofs on "Session" -> "Options".
For cdrecord: speed=15
For growisofs: -speed=15

If it doesn't work, please write on the post of recorder the error and I will work on it.

PD: On "Options" you can write any parameter to modify the default behaviour of cdrecord/growisofs. cdrecord --help and growisofs --help for more info.

Last edited by icrave (2008-09-28 13:18:23)

#53 2008-09-28 13:18:36

berbae

The Avatar of Time wrote:

Text editor: vi, or I suppose gvim, my only complaint on vi is that if i try to middle click paste a bunch of code, it gets tabbed in more and more as it goes. Maybe that's urxvt's doing, I don't know. Terribly annoying though...

You can solve that by using :set paste before pasting and :set nopaste after.
See http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/o … 27paste%27 for details.
You can also map a key to toggle the paste option (see 'pastetoggle' option).
Personally, I have that in /etc/vimrc (it can be put in ~/.vimrc) :

set nopaste
"paste toggle
nmap <F7>      :set paste! paste?<CR>
imap <F7> <C-o>:set paste!<CR>
vmap <F7> <Esc>:set paste!<CR>gv
"xterm mouse with middleclick paste
nnoremap <MiddleMouse> i<MiddleMouse>
vnoremap <MiddleMouse> s<MiddleMouse>
set pastetoggle=<F7> mouse=rnv

Hope that will help.

#54 2008-09-29 07:19:46

Rasi
Website

icrave wrote:

For recorder, you can change the speed of cdrecord/growisofs on "Session" -> "Options".
For cdrecord: speed=15
For growisofs: -speed=15

If it doesn't work, please write on the post of recorder the error and I will work on it.

PD: On "Options" you can write any parameter to modify the default behaviour of cdrecord/growisofs. cdrecord --help and growisofs --help for more info.

i do know this.. the thing is that growisofs ignores my speed setting and always burns at full speed... google finds LOTS of similar problems...

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#55 2008-09-30 15:40:17

ERIC H

Does anyone use Exact Audio Copy w/wine? I've used it for years in windows and thought there were binaries for linux but I just checked the EAC site and only saw an .exe for download.

#56 2008-09-30 15:50:49

skottish
Forum Fellow

ERIC H wrote:

Does anyone use Exact Audio Copy w/wine? I've used it for years in windows and thought there were binaries for linux but I just checked the EAC site and only saw an .exe for download.

This is the second time I've seen a question about Exact Audio Copy here. It may not be a direct replacement, but cdparanoia makes exact digital copies. There are a number of front ends that use it.

#57 2008-09-30 16:14:03

ERIC H

skottish wrote:
ERIC H wrote:

This is the second time I've seen a question about Exact Audio Copy here. It may not be a direct replacement, but cdparanoia makes exact digital copies. There are a number of front ends that use it.

You mean in this thread? I searched the forum before I posted and only a handfull of threads were returned and not this one. Sorry!

Can cdparanoia use LAME?

edit: wait, are you confusing EAC w/LAME? EAC is a frontend.

Last edited by ERIC H (2008-09-30 16:15:05)

#58 2008-09-30 16:36:06

skottish
Forum Fellow

ERIC H wrote:
skottish wrote:
ERIC H wrote:

You mean in this thread? I searched the forum before I posted and only a handfull of threads were returned and not this one. Sorry!

Can cdparanoia use LAME?

edit: wait, are you confusing EAC w/LAME? EAC is a frontend.

cdparanoia only serves the purpose of extracting audio data as data which makes exact audio copies. It's a CLI tool in which programs like Mplayer, Grip, and others utilize.

#59 2008-09-30 17:25:24

Freduardo

I believe Rubyripper is an excellent alternative to EAC. (At least, as far as I know, because I've never used EAC). It rips a track multiple times, then checks those rips for inconsistenties, and only then it starts encoding.

You can find rubyripper in the community repo's.

#60 2008-09-30 18:52:03

tonyisnt

So, since I keep seeing this thread bumped, I guess I could just give an update:

I've been happily using Openbox exclusively for the last week or so and I'm completely happy with my setup aside from two last minor annoyances.  First, even though I have stalonetray set to start with (sleep x && stalonetray) &, I still have to restart it manually once in a while to get it to behave how I want.  I've tried 1-6 as x, and I've had both success and failure with all.  And of course I still want AllTray to work properly.  That's it, though.

#61 2008-09-30 22:11:18

Rasi
Website

tonyisnt wrote:

So, since I keep seeing this thread bumped, I guess I could just give an update:

I've been happily using Openbox exclusively for the last week or so and I'm completely happy with my setup aside from two last minor annoyances.  First, even though I have stalonetray set to start with (sleep x && stalonetray) &, I still have to restart it manually once in a while to get it to behave how I want.  I've tried 1-6 as x, and I've had both success and failure with all.  And of course I still want AllTray to work properly.  That's it, though.

i only start stalonetray BEFORE openbox

.xinitrc:

stalonetray &
nitrogen --restore &
exec openbox-session

my stalonetrayrc is set to dock mode.. this way i can use obconf's dock configuration to place stalonetray where i want it to be...

Douglas Adams

#62 2008-10-01 01:25:47

NoOneImportant

Freduardo wrote:

I believe Rubyripper is an excellent alternative to EAC. (At least, as far as I know, because I've never used EAC). It rips a track multiple times, then checks those rips for inconsistenties, and only then it starts encoding.

rubyripper isn't bad, but EAC has a lot more functions that make it capable of more accurate ripping

for instance, EAC can do gap handling (by detection) and it can generate .cue files; rubyripper (or cdparanoia) does neither

#63 2008-10-01 02:10:02

burnside

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think anyone has suggested gkrellm for a graphical system monitor. That's classic *box style.

#64 2008-10-01 08:06:49

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Gkrellm is GTK-based... Nothing to do with *box wink.

NoOneImportant wrote:
Freduardo wrote:

rubyripper isn't bad, but EAC has a lot more functions that make it capable of more accurate ripping

for instance, EAC can do gap handling (by detection) and it can generate .cue files; rubyripper (or cdparanoia) does neither

Rubyripper can generate .CUE files. Maybe only from the last version on, but it definitely does now. EAC is of course unrivaled, but still Windows-only (which for me is a drawback). Configuring EAC to use ripper programs X and Y is very tiresome (it needs all paths and what not), compared to that Rubyripper compensates imho.

Last edited by B (2008-10-01 08:08:48)

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#65 2008-10-02 00:42:12

burnside

B wrote:

Gkrellm is GTK-based... Nothing to do with *box wink.

lol

I must be getting old. There was a time when gkrellm was as common in fluxbox screenshots as conky is now.

#66 2008-11-06 05:07:53

michaelramm
Website

meinhimmel wrote:

http://i36.tinypic.com/14jbvqo.png

Conky for system information.

Could you post your conky file? I am guessing that is what the clock is coming from. I really the look that you have with that clock.

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited by michaelramm (2008-11-06 05:09:46)

OpenArch = Dell Dimension 4300 with Arch Linux and Openbox3

#67 2009-01-16 03:09:49

LeoSolaris

Hey, I know this thread is a little old, but I just ran across a neat script that would take care of the OP's need for a simple calendar.

http://urukrama.pastebin.com/f7e98d0c7

Copy that into a new document, give it executable privileges, and bind it to a key. (I would put a . at the start of the name and just stick it in your ~/ folder.)

It uses dzen2 to work, so you will have to install that as well.

I keep getting distracted from my webserver project...

huh? oooh...  shiny!

Board footer