You are not logged in.

#3776 2024-08-03 08:44:07

EISENFELD
Website

Re: Post your handy self made command line utilities

I coded a CLI tool in C. With it you can manage all systemd units very comfortable with a TUI. You can select units with up / down, hit Enter to display all status information and use the F -keys to start, stop, restart, enable, disable, mask, unmask and reload the unit. After every operation, the daemon reloads and updates the display. The compiled executable is only some kilobytes, but the source code is 1561 lines long. I don't know if I can paste the source code here.
But if you like, you can get the source and also a compiled binary on my GitHub page.

My username:Lennart1978 the tool is called "servicemaster".
Today I updated to version 1.1 and it works very well.
All you need: systemd-libs and ncurses (Most likely this is already installed)

It's always great when someone else has use for it. It was a lot of work for me, I'm just a hobby programmer, not a professional.

Ich weiß, dass ich nichts weiß !

#3777 2024-08-03 21:24:30

hnsn

EISENFELD wrote:

I coded a CLI tool in C. With it you can manage all systemd units very comfortable with a TUI. You can select units with up / down, hit Enter to display all status information and use the F -keys to start, stop, restart, enable, disable, mask, unmask and reload the unit. After every operation, the daemon reloads and updates the display. The compiled executable is only some kilobytes, but the source code is 1561 lines long. I don't know if I can paste the source code here.
But if you like, you can get the source and also a compiled binary on my GitHub page.

My username:Lennart1978 the tool is called "servicemaster".
Today I updated to version 1.1 and it works very well.
All you need: systemd-libs and ncurses (Most likely this is already installed)

It's always great when someone else has use for it. It was a lot of work for me, I'm just a hobby programmer, not a professional.

Found it!
https://github.com/Lennart1978/servicemaster

#3778 2024-08-10 18:08:43

EISENFELD
Website

ServiceMaster release version 1.3:

- DBus event loop: Reacts immediately to external changes to units
- Fixed some small bugs

Ich weiß, dass ich nichts weiß !

Board footer