You are not logged in.

#7626 2017-08-10 11:03:49

Lone_Wolf

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=oclhashcat wrote:

oclHashcat

Note: all versions of oclHashcat have been replaced by a unified OpenCL CPU/GPU version, now known simply as hashcat.

remove oclhashcat, try hashcat .
----------------

I would like to help you further, but your system appears to run blackarch , not arch linux.

Groups          : blackarch  blackarch-cracker

blackarch is considered a derivative distro and not supported on our forum.
While it is technically possible to start with a normal arch linux installation and add blackarch repos to it, they change so much it's highly questionable if such an installation is still an arch linux install.

You have 2 options now :

A. stay with blackarch and ask help on their forums.

B. perform a fresh install of arch linux following our installation guide.

Please inform us what you will do.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2017-08-10 11:04:19)

Booting with apg Openrc, NOT systemd.
Automounting : not needed, i prefer pmount
Aur helpers : makepkg + my own local repo === rarely need them

#7627 2017-08-10 23:02:10

pawpus

Lone_Wolf wrote:

I would like to help you further, but your system appears to run blackarch , not arch linux.

I actually installed normal arch then installed some blackarch packages? I wanted to configure my system the exact way i like it (LVM, parition layouts, KDE, etc). The blackarch repos do have some packages that arent available in the AUR. Isn't that the same as installing packages from AUR (in the sense that AUR packages arent officially support either?)
Is it no longer considered arch the moment I install a 3rd party repo?

I will try and remove oclhashcat and see if that works. if not i will rebuild my machine and try again.

#7628 2017-08-11 11:41:52

Lone_Wolf

Adding a repo is one thing, but blackarch is a separate distro with their own keyring, package manager etc and we have no idea how they build things.

Combining arch linux and blackarch (or manjaro, parabola, antergos etc repos) is like having a car from Ford and putting the transmission of a Volkswagen in it.
Your car is now a Ford/Volkswagen hybrid .
If you go to a Ford garage with transmission problems they are very likely to tell you they can't help you.

Check https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=224921 for a discussion about about arch linux and blackarch linux .

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2017-08-11 11:44:01)

Booting with apg Openrc, NOT systemd.
Automounting : not needed, i prefer pmount
Aur helpers : makepkg + my own local repo === rarely need them

Board footer