You are not logged in.

#26 2008-12-25 01:35:56

dhave
Arch Linux f@h Team Member

Re: Choice of WM

Like many others, I've bounced around a lot among various WMs and DEs. Aafter a couple of months of fooling around with KDE4 to see what the hoopla was all about, I've come back to Openbox.

For me, Openbox hits the sweetspot between minimalist and bloated. It also fits elegantly with Arch's philosophy. It's a natural companion to Arch, as it's highly configurable, fast, straightforward, and reliable. No razzamatazz. It lets me feel the power of my machine.

Donate to Arch!

Tired? There's a nap for that. --anonymous

#27 2008-12-30 00:30:05

gajo
Website

Ah, after some thought, I think I'll go back to dwm, while it lacks in initial configuration, I know C/C++ real well, so at least I can control it.
I tried xmonad, and let's just say I'll stick with imperative programming languages for now.

#28 2009-01-13 13:48:45

ThomasAdam

RobbeR49 wrote:

FVWM has been around for a while and the config file is still the same. It has the "great configurability" you are looking for, and while it's not really intended as a tiling WM I'm sure with the right config you could emulate some kind of tiling behaviour with it. I wouldn't be suprised if someone has already done it, actually.

http://edulinux.homeunix.org/~n6tadam/f … 080322.png

Yup -- I patched FvwmRearrange to achieve that, then made the whole thing look like Xmonad.  tongue

-- Thomas Adam

Board footer