You are not logged in.

#26 2004-08-22 19:17:34

nggalai
Website

Re: Petition for better ATi drivers

aCoder wrote:

They've made it common knowledge that PR, tech support, and customer service people don't have any info about Linux development, so I wouldn't expect anything unless you're put in contact with someone important.

I'd say the head of developer's relation and head of communications (Europe) are pretty important. wink

-Sascha.rb

#27 2004-08-22 20:49:22

aCoder
Website

I'd say the head of developer's relation and head of communications (Europe) are pretty important.

Yeah, but probably not important enough, or they at least don't come in contact with software projects at a low enough level to be authorized to release information regarding them without going through someone else, who will probably tell them not to give you a direct answer to anything.

If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
  - John Cage

#28 2004-08-22 21:01:17

nggalai
Website

aCoder wrote:

I'd say the head of developer's relation and head of communications (Europe) are pretty important.

Yeah, but probably not important enough, or they at least don't come in contact with software projects at a low enough level to be authorized to release information regarding them without going through someone else, who will probably tell them not to give you a direct answer to anything.

Well, considering I talked to the guy who's responsible for deciding what's to be distributed to the press ... wink

Also, check this out:

http://www.3dcenter.org/artikel/2004/06 … nglish.php

I'm still working on the Linux follow-up, but frankly, it's all molasses, really. We've just published a NV40 tech article, and really wanted to include more ATI references. Feedback, though, was negligible, or in the words of the author: "a joke".

-Sascha.rb

#29 2004-08-25 05:47:41

vegai
Developer/TU
Website

...and there seem to be some rather interesting updates for all Radeon users. It's probably not up to par with the binary drivers yet, but if this progress continues, we might not need their crappy "support" anymore.

#30 2004-08-25 18:34:38

aCoder
Website

I do like the DRI drivers, but, unfortunatly, I couldn't get ut2004 running with them, so my AIW 8500DV came out and I bought a nice geForce FX 5200.

If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut yourself off from a good deal of experience.
  - John Cage

#31 2004-09-01 21:19:08

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

12843 signatures  smile

Board footer