You are not logged in.

#51 2009-02-17 02:35:29

zyghom
Website

Re: Bluetooth doesn't work after last update.

am I crazy or what ? look guys into /etc/rc.d/bluetooth:
first it has some variables predefined like:

DAEMON_ENABLE="true"

but then it reads:

[ -f /etc/conf.d/bluetooth ] && . /etc/conf.d/bluetooth

so why do you set up your variables in rc.d file ? this file is to be replaced by first upgrade while conf.d file should never change - if so you will get pacsave file
am I wrong ?

Zygfryd Homonto

#52 2009-02-17 05:44:05

sailor-02

zyghom wrote:

as I don't use gnome but kde for me bluez 4.30 is still an issue
everytime I switch on my laptop, I have to pair the mouse again
on old bluez-utils/libs it was not a case
this is making me frustrated already sad

I don't know - is it right, but for me i do as followiiing:
1. Make a file named "trusts" in any place, except /var (for me it in /etc/bluetooth) wich containes the line (without quotas) "BC:20:42:A0:00:00 [all]". Don't forgive change the MAC wink 
2. put in rc.local the line "cp /etc/bluetooth/trusts /var/lib/bluetooth/XX\:XX\:XX\:XX\:XX\:XX/trusts".
That's all.

Last edited by sailor-02 (2009-02-17 05:44:27)

Everything is being developed on the spiral, continually entering into the corkscrew (c). V. Sumbatov

#53 2009-02-17 06:43:23

zyghom
Website

I wish it would be that easy wink

Zygfryd Homonto

#54 2009-02-17 07:06:20

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Can those who have it working document the changes they did to the config files in /etc/conf.d/ and /etc/bluetooth? I was lazy and just copied over my old config files after a quick diff showed it didn't show too many differences.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#55 2009-02-18 06:30:57

biloky

According to this, the hidd --connect ... is already deprecated.  You don't need to change the config files (/etc/rc.d/bluetooth, /etc/conf.d/bluetooth)  The only thing we need is to have the daemon running.

The daemon will use the config files stored in /var/lib/bluetooth.  I went to the extent of installing kdebluetooth (on my gnome desktop) just to test it out... my mouse gets paired successfully, but it won't auto-reconnect.  I noticed that my mouse was not paired as a trusted device, and there is no way I can change that from the applet.

If you don't have bluez-gnome, you can make it a trusted device by changing the config files manually.  As pointed out by sailor-02, you need to have a /var/lib/bluetooth/<bt mac addr>/trusts file containing the line:

aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff [all]

where aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff is your mouse's MAC address.

Also verify that you have a /var/lib/bluetooth/<bt mac addr>/profiles file containing a line with your mouse's MAC address followed by a long list of numbers.  This file is automatically created and filled by the applet.  (Note: In bluez-0.3x, paired mouse devices are stored in /var/lib/bluetooth/<bt mac addr>/input instead)

Last edited by biloky (2009-02-19 01:42:56)

#56 2009-02-18 06:42:58

zyghom
Website

biloky, thanks for you suggestions, I'm just testing it

Zygfryd Homonto

#57 2009-02-18 06:44:42

sailor-02

biloky wrote:

If you don't have bluez-gnome, you can make it a trusted device by changing the config files manually.  As pointed out by sailor-02, you need to have a /var/lib/bluetooth/trusts file containing the line:

The only problem is that /var/lib/bluetooth/trusts is rewrited every time the bluetooth daemon stops. So i have to write it manually. Can anyone explaine to me how to exclude this step?

Everything is being developed on the spiral, continually entering into the corkscrew (c). V. Sumbatov

#58 2009-02-18 06:52:18

zyghom
Website

biloky, your suggestion works !
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!

Zygfryd Homonto

#59 2009-02-18 06:53:12

zyghom
Website

sailor-02 wrote:
biloky wrote:

If you don't have bluez-gnome, you can make it a trusted device by changing the config files manually.  As pointed out by sailor-02, you need to have a /var/lib/bluetooth/trusts file containing the line:

The only problem is that /var/lib/bluetooth/trusts is rewrited every time the bluetooth daemon stops. So i have to write it manually. Can anyone explaine to me how to exclude this step?

NO, you don't need it - I just rebooted, all stays like before reboot

Zygfryd Homonto

#60 2009-02-18 08:48:45

kvikas

I's following this thread since last update and got my bluetooth device working.

I still have one problem. Before bluez-4.30 there used to be conf file /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf where a pin number can be specified and it was used for pairing. Now, since the conf file is gone, i do not know how to get that feature back. I need to keep kbluetooth4-devicemanager running and enter pin when connecting device requests for it. Which is ok but i'd love to do pairing even when i do not have X running.

Did anyone manage to do that ?

Thanks,
Vikas.

#61 2009-02-18 18:58:40

mcover

kvikas wrote:

I's following this thread since last update and got my bluetooth device working.

I still have one problem. Before bluez-4.30 there used to be conf file /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf where a pin number can be specified and it was used for pairing. Now, since the conf file is gone, i do not know how to get that feature back. I need to keep kbluetooth4-devicemanager running and enter pin when connecting device requests for it. Which is ok but i'd love to do pairing even when i do not have X running.

Did anyone manage to do that ?

Thanks,
Vikas.

Simple-agent from bluez source tarball: http://pastebin.ca/1341267
Asks you for pin when one is required like the kde or gnome passkey-agents.

If you want to connect a device to your machine (i.e. your machine is allowing others to connect) I think thats something you can set easily in the config-files.

#62 2009-02-19 01:44:25

biloky

@zyghom: Glad to be of help. Thanks goes to sailor-02 for leading us to the 'trusts' config file cool

#63 2009-02-19 12:33:04

dhave
Arch Linux f@h Team Member

biloky wrote:

The daemon will use the config files stored in /var/lib/bluetooth.  I went to the extent of installing kdebluetooth (on my gnome desktop) just to test it out... my mouse gets paired successfully, but it won't auto-reconnect.  I noticed that my mouse was not paired as a trusted device, and there is no way I can change that from the applet.

If you don't have bluez-gnome, you can make it a trusted device by changing the config files manually.  As pointed out by sailor-02, you need to have a /var/lib/bluetooth/<bt mac addr>/trusts file containing the line:

Also verify that you have a /var/lib/bluetooth/<bt mac addr>/profiles file containing a line with your mouse's MAC address followed by a long list of numbers.  This file is automatically created and filled by the applet.  (Note: In bluez-0.3x, paired mouse devices are stored in /var/lib/bluetooth/<bt mac addr>/input instead)

@biloky: Once you make your mouse a trusted device by changing the config file manually, will it then auto-reconnect at each boot? Thanks.

Donate to Arch!

Tired? There's a nap for that. --anonymous

#64 2009-02-19 22:51:30

heartbeat

why I don`t see messages about a file transfer?

I can`t transfer files to my phone...
kdebluetooth4 finds my mobile phone but as input device... when I try to transfer file it shows me error message...
in gnome aplet bluetooth find my device. Pairing process is perfect but when I try to transfer file to phone I see the same error message...
Why it can`t  transfer files?

#65 2009-02-20 01:29:06

biloky

@dhave: Yes. It auto-reconnects on reboots here, and it seems to work with zyghom too smile

@heartbeat: What error message do you get?

#66 2009-02-20 02:23:40

kalpik
Website

Im using blueman. It detects my phone, but if i try to send any file to the phone, it says obex-data-server is probably not installed, but it is!

#67 2009-02-20 05:12:52

biloky

An update for those who patched their gvfs...

There's this package in AUR: gvfs-rar.  It has more patches.  I just tried it and copying from PC to phone now works via nautilus (browse). O happy day... big_smile

@kalpik: You might want to check out this wiki page or the blueman AUR discussion here.

Last edited by biloky (2009-02-20 05:17:57)

#68 2009-02-20 06:27:18

Zibi1981

Well, I'm glad to see that some of you are being successful in this struggle to regain a working Bluetooth service. Unfortunately I'm still stuck with this message when trying to run kbluetooth

zbyszek ~ $  kbluetooth
kbluetooth: error while loading shared libraries: libbluetooth.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone?

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

#69 2009-02-20 07:32:57

heartbeat

I had error code 127
I do not remember exactly...

#70 2009-02-20 07:39:52

Allan
Pacman
Website

Zibi1981 wrote:

Well, I'm glad to see that some of you are being successful in this struggle to regain a working Bluetooth service. Unfortunately I'm still stuck with this message when trying to run kbluetooth

zbyszek ~ $  kbluetooth
kbluetooth: error while loading shared libraries: libbluetooth.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anyone?

bluez provides libbluetooth.so.3 so kbluetooth needs rebuilt

Edit: Does kbluetooth4 from kdebluetooth4 help at all?

#71 2009-02-20 09:46:12

heartbeat

can someone give me obex-data-server package?

#72 2009-02-20 13:26:17

sailor-02

kalpik wrote:

Im using blueman. It detects my phone, but if i try to send any file to the phone, it says obex-data-server is probably not installed, but it is!

obex-data-server when starting says, that it needs shred libraries /usr/lib/libMagickCore.so.1 and /usr/lib/libMagickWand.so.1
They are provided by imagemagick, and now there are /usr/lib/libMagickCore.so.2 and /usr/lib/libMagickWand.so.2. Try to make needed symlinks to existing libraries - may be it helps

#73 2009-02-20 14:58:32

kalpik
Website

I rebuilt obex-data-server from the PKGBUILD, and now i can recieve files. But i still cannot send files to my phone sad

#74 2009-02-20 16:15:37

Zibi1981

Allan wrote:

bluez provides libbluetooth.so.3 so kbluetooth needs rebuilt

Edit: Does kbluetooth4 from kdebluetooth4 help at all?

Yes, I know that it provides libbluetooth.so.3, I wrote about it couple posts above. I'm using KDEmod 3.5.10 at the moment, so don't have any idea if kbluetooth4 works.
Can you (or anyone else) write some tips how to rebuild kbluetooth, so it would see the new library? Have anyone tried to do this?

Last edited by Zibi1981 (2009-02-20 16:17:25)

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

#75 2009-02-21 02:06:32

leeyee

kalpik wrote:

I rebuilt obex-data-server from the PKGBUILD, and now i can recieve files. But i still cannot send files to my phone sad

I have gnome-bluetooth package installed, open "Bluetooth File Sharing" in System Tool section, then I can receive files from phone correctly. But I have the same obex-data-server problems with you, which in terminal running says

obex-data-server: error while loading shared libraries: libMagickWand.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Browse device function is not running properly either.

Archlinux x86_64 on Thinkpad T400
Intel X4500MHD / ATI HD3470 Graphics, 2G RAM, 160G HD

Board footer