You are not logged in.

#26 2004-10-09 23:31:43

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Re: Neotuli Repo

Added bahamut, the DALnet ircd. Enjoy.

The suggestion box only accepts patches.

#27 2004-10-24 17:00:20

SavageMessiah

Do you think you could fix the fvwm-themes pkgbuild to work with fvwm-devel? I tried to makepkg it, but somewhere in ./configure it says that I need at least 2.5.8 which I do (2.5.10). I whipped up a 2.5.8 pkgbuild (didn't notice yours until now) and after removing fvwm-devel, I installed that and tried makepkg again. This time it said that I had 2.5.8, but needed 2.5.8 or better to work. tongue Errrr.... Right. I'm kinda stuck now.

#28 2004-10-24 17:47:53

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Uhhhh sure i'll see what i can do.
*notices he needs to go through and update everything again* roll

Also, it would appear that I personally don't use many of the packages in my own little repo :-/ , so that's probably the cause of me not really noticing any glitches in them.

#29 2004-10-25 08:06:56

lanrat

IIRC there are two fvwm-themes one for stable and one for devel version of fvwm. So I guess you should make a new package (fvwm-themes-devel) not upgrade the old one :-)

#30 2004-10-30 01:52:49

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

8)  Got some hosting !!!! (see sig) THANKS TEHDELY!!

Also, I went throught the packages, renaming the fvwm-related ones appropriatly. As well I added reiser4progs and libaal, mostly for the sake of convenience, since they dont seem to be in any other repos at the moment.

OOOh, I turned my pkgbuild stash into cvs, sorry no pserver yet.

#31 2004-10-31 18:23:52

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

I have added python-xmms to the repo, using punkrockguy318's pkgbuilds from http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=4936 .

Enjoy, happy halloween

#32 2004-10-31 18:42:47

punkrockguy318
Website

Cool!  Glad to see you put my PKGBUILDs to use big_smile

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#33 2004-10-31 20:46:07

zeppelin
Website

I LOVE neotuli
great job man, other guys (some of them TU_ don't even reply to my emails

#34 2004-11-01 01:05:46

punkrockguy318
Website

zeppelin wrote:

I LOVE neotuli
great job man, other guys (some of them TU_ don't even reply to my emails

those meanies  :twisted:

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#35 2004-11-01 09:43:02

zeppelin
Website

well I don't want to be mean.
smssend needs update, is in staging, I mailed the PKGBUILD 2 days ago. ArchLinux is not bleeding edge, is this bleeding edge? I used the ABS to make it again for me, I'm talking for others.

Thanks, and I don't really remember who is supposed to maintain this package, so I don't keep any bad feelings, but it is true what I'm saying.

keep it up neotuli {freepops rocks}

#36 2004-11-01 17:16:49

esack

Hi,
fvwm-crystal in your repo seems to be *really* outdated.
New, totally rewritten version can be found here: http://fvwm-crystal.berlios.de/ and latest tgz with fvwm-crystal and habak are always here: http://fvwm-crystal.berlios.de/files/versions/CURRENT/

I also noticed that you put fvwm-themes-devel in depends and makedepends arrays. Fvwm-themes was newer required to build or run fvwm-crystal (I released that version so I'm pretty sure :])

cheers

#37 2004-11-01 22:53:38

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

esack wrote:

Hi,
fvwm-crystal in your repo seems to be *really* outdated.
New, totally rewritten version can be found here: http://fvwm-crystal.berlios.de/ and latest tgz with fvwm-crystal and habak are always here: http://fvwm-crystal.berlios.de/files/versions/CURRENT/

I also noticed that you put fvwm-themes-devel in depends and makedepends arrays. Fvwm-themes was newer required to build or run fvwm-crystal (I released that version so I'm pretty sure :])

cheers

This is all news to me..thanks for letting me know. I wasn't aware that this was fvwm-crystal's website, I had http://www.linuxpl.org/software/fvwm-crystal/ that in the pkgbuild, and recently checked it, finding the same old version. I will make the necesary updates immediatly. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

#38 2004-11-01 23:26:17

esack

neotuli wrote:

This is all news to me..thanks for letting me know. I wasn't aware that this was fvwm-crystal's website, I had http://www.linuxpl.org/software/fvwm-crystal/ that in the pkgbuild, and recently checked it, finding the same old version. I will make the necesary updates immediatly. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

NP :]
You should also know that for now fvwm-crystal is broken on versions of fvwm > 2.5.10 so you have to depend on that particular version (2.5.10).
Updated version that solves the problem should be available in about 2 weeks according to harnir (author of f-c).
BTW don't even try to build with your PKGBUILD cos *everything* has changed since 1.0.X :]

cheers

#39 2004-11-02 01:50:18

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Ok i made the PKGBUILD all nice, it works now. A user must run fvwm-crystal-install in order to install it. Only a few problems I seem to notice off hand, I don't know if the default behaviors of fvwm-crystal are just really annoying or if it's something to do with the fvwm-devel version. Did you mean fvwm >2.5.10 is broken or fvwm >= 2.5.10 is broken?
Oh btw, I also added fvwm-devel to my repo, so you don't have to build the old version to get this to work.

Ok summary of stuff that's broke: The stuff along the top and bottom isn't sticky by default...really really annoying. As well, the stuff for xmms needs xmms-shell, which refused to build :-/ darn. Lastly, there appears to be no way to get the aterm started like it's supposed to. It's suppoed to be just a right click anywhere..but it refuses to start....

#40 2004-11-02 10:15:24

lanrat

I was going to tell you that your fvwm-crystal pkgbuild is based on outdated sources. And I completly forgot to do it. Sorry  roll

Also as I understand it now current fvwm-crystal version will not work with fvwm versions > 2.5.10.

I don't know what problems you had with xmms-shell but take a look at my xmms-shell pkgbuild in this thread http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … =xmmsshell. It includes simple gcc syntax fix.

#41 2004-11-02 14:10:23

esack

neotuli wrote:

Ok i made the PKGBUILD all nice, it works now. A user must run fvwm-crystal-install in order to install it.

Hm but why don't you just use a typical install script and it's post_install() function instead?

Only a few problems I seem to notice off hand, I don't know if the default behaviors of fvwm-crystal are just really annoying or if it's something to do with the fvwm-devel version. Did you mean fvwm >2.5.10 is broken or fvwm >= 2.5.10 is broken?

I mean what I said smile You'll get many errors while running crystal on fvwm 2.5.11 and above.

Ok summary of stuff that's broke: The stuff along the top and bottom isn't sticky by default...really really annoying.

It shouldn't happen. Maybe try to recheck your fvwm-devel. Maybe you still have any old files lying around or sth.
I use my own build based on PKGBUILD from unstable (it's just simple s/2.5.12/2.5.10) and everything is ok.

As well, the stuff for xmms needs xmms-shell, which refused to build :-/ darn.

Check lanrat's PKGBUILD - sed -i "s/<string>/<string.h>/" src/getline.cc  works quite well (yeah c++ sux ;P).

Lastly, there appears to be no way to get the aterm started like it's supposed to. It's suppoed to be just a right click anywhere..but it refuses to start....

Any errors on FvwmConsole (Alt+;) or X output?

cheers

#42 2004-11-02 22:55:24

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Hm but why don't you just use a typical install script and it's post_install() function instead?

Won't work in this situation. See the packaging.txt file in the distribution, it needs to be installed in the user's home directory, by the user, the package and post_install() cannot do that.

As well, I'm running it on 2.5.10 and 2.5.9, and stuff is still pretty screwed up...suggestions? It acts precisely the same way it does under 2.5.12 or whatever the current version is...no difference that i can tell.

no errors, but after looking through stuff and finding that "AA" is aliased to aterm..sort of, typing AA in the fvwm-console starts an aterm. No real special X output to mention either.  :evil:  I wish this would work, it's really nice when it does.

edit: I'll hunt around for extra fvwm files as well

#43 2004-11-03 01:52:53

esack

neotuli wrote:

Won't work in this situation. See the packaging.txt file in the distribution, it needs to be installed in the user's home directory, by the user, the package and post_install() cannot do that.

In my old Debian package I solved this first asking for username (and aborting if null) and then invoking su $USER -c fvwm-crystal.install (in 1.0.X fvwm-crystal.install was included in package).
Also I think that 'rm -fr ~/.fvwm/user-preferences' isn't good idea, maybe try something like this: mv ~/.fvwm/user-preferences ~/.fvwm/user-preferences-old-`date +%Y%m%d` or even better: mv ~/.fvwm ~/.fvwm-old-`date +%Y%m%d`
Actually people really like do things like "what? yeah of coz! <'y' pressed> Arghh! No! I mean..." :]

As well, I'm running it on 2.5.10 and 2.5.9, and stuff is still pretty screwed up...suggestions?

Only one:

- cp -r /usr/share/fvwm-crystal/user-preferences/ ~/.fvwm/user-preferences/
+ cp -r /usr/share/fvwm-crystal/user-preferences ~/.fvwm/user-preferences

(in fvwm-crystal-install of coz).

Mispellings r0x tongue Ok time to sleep...

cheers

#44 2004-11-03 02:31:27

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

- cp -r /usr/share/fvwm-crystal/user-preferences/ ~/.fvwm/user-preferences/
+ cp -r /usr/share/fvwm-crystal/user-preferences ~/.fvwm/user-preferences

I coulda sworn that's the exact same thing..... I changed it anway, to no avail. Everything is still behaving weird.

#45 2004-11-03 03:51:12

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

YESSSS I got it to work right  8)
This kicks ass! ..with just a bit of tweaking  smile

Turns out the packaging.txt instructions are a bit off...or maybe they're not off but the themes themselves are off. I don't know which. But the packaging guide says to only copy user-preferences over, turns out that's what was messing it up. If you copy over all of the fvwm directory, it all works smoothly. Now, it's not supposed to be like this according to the guide... bug? Who knows..but it works the way I have it now. I'm also adding xmms-shell to my repo so I can use the functinality smile This is soo nice.

EDIT: xmms segfaults on xmms --play-pause , which fvwm-crystal seems to use, some digging through configs and a change to just xmms fixed it

#46 2004-11-03 11:35:45

esack

neotuli wrote:

Turns out the packaging.txt instructions are a bit off...or maybe they're not off but the themes themselves are off. I don't know which. But the packaging guide says to only copy user-preferences over,

Yes and you should follow the instructions. Your script was copying  /usr/share/fvwm-crystal/user-preferences/*  to ~/.fvwm/user-preferences/user-preferences/*
and that was causing problems. Not the packaging instructions!

turns out that's what was messing it up. If you copy over all of the fvwm directory, it all works smoothly.

No, it's wrong! You should do this only when you're installig fvwm-crystal for yourself not system wide. Especially not in a package. If user have to copy bunch of files by hand after every upgrade to preserve his configuration why bother with package?
The whole /usr/share/fvwm-crystal 'n' ~/.fvwm/user-preferences thing was designed to allow relatively smooth updates of f-c and your package is breaking it!

Now, it's not supposed to be like this according to the guide... bug?

Bug was in your script! Proof:

~$ pacman -Q | grep fvwm
fvwm-crystal 20040929-2
fvwm-devel 2.5.10-1
~$ ls .fvwm/
ApplicationDatabase  user-preferences
~$ 

Everything I've done after invoking fvwm-crystal-install was `mv ~/.fvwm/user-preferences/user-preferences/* ~/.fvwm/user-preferences/`
Clear?

EDIT: xmms segfaults on xmms --play-pause , which fvwm-crystal seems to use, some digging through configs and a change to just xmms fixed it

Fix rather your copy of xmms than f-c. Fix should go where the bug appears.
For me xmms --play-pause works just fine (and it's nice feature of f-c ;])

cheers

#47 2004-11-03 23:15:58

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Oh gosh  :oops:  NOOOOOWWWWW I see it.  Your earlier mini-patch didnt solve the problem... heh, but nooooow i see it, and wow I feel dumb  :oops:

Ok, the beast in my repo is now all nice and working the way it was designed to. I even modified the ApplicationDatabase a bit to make it work with the arch versions of the software or newer versions. (ie firefox is executed mozilla-firefox and oowriter is actually soffice -writer)

Thanks for the help, esack. Please let me know when it works with the default fvwm-devel, as in versions > 2.5.10 .

Only nagging issue: XMMS segfault if called as xmms --play-pause, I think the problem is perhaps in the arch package... investigating

#48 2004-11-08 14:21:27

zeppelin
Website

neotuli, again, you're the man!
and I post here to say the above and also this:

I know you have freepops 0.20 [nice!]
for those that hotmail or yahoo or gmail don't work any more

try the latest .lua from http://www.freepops.org/en/
that are not in the package. now if you 're crazy enough you can make -2 for freepops 0.20 smile in which you can also say with a msg
"if suddenly the webmail you use doesn't work, check www.freepops.org for the latest .lua on your webmail, and simply copy that lua file to /usr/share/freepops/lua/. You do not need to restart freepops daemon, it will just work"

do I suck or what? smile

#49 2004-11-09 00:12:18

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

No you don't suck... I've been awful annoyed by the broken gmail plugin for a while now... *fixes package*

EDIT: I just looked around their site a bit more... holy crap! there's a ton of unofficial plugins!!! http://www.freepops.org/en/viewplugins.php
EDIT2: I wish they would version # the plugins files in the filename like other packages!!!
EDIT3(now i'm just plain getting into a bad habit aren't I?): I tested out the new gmail and stuff, all works great, I'll try to keep tabs on these damn plugins but I don't always have enough time, so please let me know if something breaks or you notice newer versions of plugins you use.

#50 2004-11-09 09:31:49

zeppelin
Website

neotuli for the TU (if not the president)!
man I hope TU will see a TU that has 3 repos and doesn't not reply to mails/pms and doesn't update packages, has a package both in extra and in his repo, you're right he's mr. deepfreeze [he might not have time, but he should say he gives up, shouldn't he or should other TUs ask him shouldn't they?], and i hope that active neotuli becomes a TU. afterall it's a TU in our hearts wink

Board footer