You are not logged in.

#51 2004-11-09 11:46:35

punkrockguy318
Website

Re: Neotuli Repo

Well, actually we're not really accepting new TURs until the new AUR system is in place.  It should be ready soon.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#52 2004-11-09 11:54:01

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

fvwm-crystal is nice  wink

Mr Green

#53 2004-11-09 23:21:10

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

punkrockguy318 wrote:

Well, actually we're not really accepting new TURs until the new AUR system is in place.  It should be ready soon.

Indeed, I cannot wait for this long aticipated system to be completed. This is not the place (TUR mailing list is the right one), but I would like to say that I'd  like to take an active roll in maintaining or running the AUR system if possible. Hell, if ya need beta testers or something, I'm up for it.

zeppelin wrote:

neotuli for the TU (if not the president)!

I strongly believe that my cat (as VP) and I, could run the United States much better than our existing and recently re-elected administration.

The suggestion box only accepts patches.

#54 2004-11-13 05:58:43

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

I made a small change to my webalizer package. The country resolving (which did nothing) was beginning to tick me off so I added the geoip patch, and thus a dependency on geoip. This, IMHO is a far superior method of finding the country of origin for your visitors. More info: http://sysd.org/proj/log.php#glzr . It is reccomended that you disable DNS reversal on your apache server in order to maximize the benefit of this patch.

If anyone doesnt like this, just complain a bit and i'll make it a seperate package.

EDIT: Whoops, I take that back, I need to learn to RTFM.

GeoIP options

-w      GeoIP.  Disable GeoIP fearure

-W file GeoIPDatabase.  Use specific GeoIP database file.

So, in other words, if you don't like the GeoIP feature, just pass the -w option.

#55 2004-11-13 15:37:31

Legout

HI. I´ve been missing(maybe I just don´t know how to) some things in the crystal-theme.

1. I can´t minimize my applications?
2. How can I creat an Menu, that starts, if i click my left mousebutton?
3. How can Iswitch between dektops?
4. How can i edit the entries for the Icons on the Left?

Or maybe there´s a good documention, or somethng!

#56 2004-11-13 22:20:30

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Legout wrote:

HI. I´ve been missing(maybe I just don´t know how to) some things in the crystal-theme.

1. I can´t minimize my applications?
2. How can I creat an Menu, that starts, if i click my left mousebutton?
3. How can Iswitch between dektops?
4. How can i edit the entries for the Icons on the Left?

Or maybe there´s a good documention, or somethng!

Ok ..now I'm no expert, the best source of info is to go dowload the source tarball and read the docs that it contains http://fvwm-crystal.berlios.de/files/versions/CURRENT/ .
As per your questions, I'll answer what I can.
1. Yes you can minimize them, try right clicking the "X", and you can get a menu there by simply left clicking and holding a bit longer than usual
2. I don't know how to do this in whatever layout you happen to be using, but the 'devel' layout has this built right in. To use this layout, or change to others, edit ~/.fvwm/user-preferences/Variables . Find and un-comment this entry:

SetEnv DesktopLayout "$[FVWM_CONFIGDIR]/desktop-layouts/devel"

Now comment out all the other DesktopLayout entries and restart fvwm-crystal
3. Once again, I dont know which layout you're using, but for me, there's a large rectangle with a series of squares in it towards the top, click in those squares to change desktops. Once again, you can edit ~/.fvwm/user-preferences/Variables in order to make it so that you can change desktops by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen. For this, edit these entries:

# Settings for those, who like to change desktop pages using the screen edge.
# You have to wait ~ 1 second on the edge, pages are wrapped around - you can
# go directly from page 1 to 8 and vice versa.
EdgeScroll              100000  100000
EdgeResistance          200     0 

You can change the delays or whatever.
4. Not sure, but the database used to generate those menus is /usr/share/fvwm-crystal/ApplicationDatabase , I have modified this to work with arch packages, which had slightly different names for some executables. If you modify this, I'd appreciate it if you sent me a diff (email's fine) against mine so I could consider expanding it to work with even more arch packages. Actually, this should be per-user editable too, and looking at it, it is not...perhaps i'll send the fvwm-crystal devs a suggestion. Actually, maybe it is, try messing with ~/.fvwm/user-preferences/ApplicationPanels/whateverlayoutURusing.

Hope I've been of some help.

#57 2004-11-16 19:34:40

zeppelin
Website

slowly all gmail users will have norma pop3 access. I have now [see settings if you have the tab Forward and POP] and then enable it there. if not, just wait.

it works very nice [hopefully leave messages on server works too]

consider passing the correct PORTS in Kmail/Evolution that is in host: pop.gmail.com:PORT

freepops hopefully will be still maintain by the god called Neotuli, cause it supports TONS of other webmail-based mails [yahoo, hotmail etc..]

#58 2004-11-16 22:28:16

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

freepops hopefully will be still maintain by the god called Neotuli, cause it supports TONS of other webmail-based mails [yahoo, hotmail etc..]

Well I still have a yahoo account..so no worries, though I'm gonna switch over the gmail. On a related note, yahoo increased their alloted space from 4mb to 100mb in response to gmail's whopping 1gb, following this same train of thought, perhaps they'll bring back free pop3 to remain competative. Let's hope.
Either way, I will of course continue to maintain this package, it's quite handy and probably very useful to many people out there.

#59 2004-11-16 22:35:18

punkrockguy318
Website

neotuli wrote:

Well I still have a yahoo account..so no worries, though I'm gonna switch over the gmail. On a related note, yahoo increased their alloted space from 4mb to 100mb in response to gmail's whopping 1gb, following this same train of thought, perhaps they'll bring back free pop3 to remain competative. Let's hope.
Either way, I will of course continue to maintain this package, it's quite handy and probably very useful to many people out there.

i can hook you up with a gmail account if you'd like

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#60 2004-11-16 22:44:02

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

punkrockguy318 wrote:

Err I already have one. By switching over I meant I'm going to switch from using freepops to access it to using their own pop server. Sorry my lack of clarity.

#61 2004-11-16 22:46:06

punkrockguy318
Website

neotuli wrote:
punkrockguy318 wrote:

Err I already have one. By switching over I meant I'm going to switch from using freepops to access it to using their own pop server. Sorry my lack of clarity.

Oh, alright.  Well, if anyone else wants one PM me and i'll hook up up.

#62 2004-11-16 22:47:07

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

You know... this topic has nearly 2000 views? neato!

#63 2004-11-19 01:57:25

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Added aspell-fi , finnish language dictionary for aspell.

#64 2004-11-23 23:04:06

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Re released fvwm-crystal, adding support for graphical logins such as gdm.

#65 2004-11-24 00:16:34

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

newpkg: xcircuit - A program for drawing publishable-quality electrical circuit schematic diagrams and related figures.

#66 2004-11-24 00:30:44

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

neotuli wrote:

newpkg: xcircuit - A program for drawing publishable-quality electrical circuit schematic diagrams and related figures.

nice - now make me some version of PSPICE heh

#67 2004-11-24 02:34:36

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

By special request: ngspice has been added to my repo smile

Now because I don't use this package myself, I need all the feedback I can get on it. So all you Archers that actually use this package, please let me know how it turns out.

#68 2004-11-24 02:53:04

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Heres a challenge,

evolution-sharp,
gst-sharp,
gsf-sharp,
beagle,

pretty please?
maybe for christmas tongue big_smile
big_smile

http://www.gnome.org/projects/beagle

dashboard would be cool too!
http://www.nat.org/dashboard/

#69 2004-11-24 04:24:47

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Heres a challenge

Bring it  :twisted:

I attacked beagle first... we'll see how this turns out...so far seems to be C# dependency hell.

#70 2004-11-24 22:44:22

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Well, you'll need mono,which is available through pacman and also gecko-sharp and gtk-sharp which are both in pacman. I think it also needs dbus cvs big_smile

Oh, you're kernel needs inotify support too. Im pretty sure someone around here is patching a kernel with this...

#71 2004-11-25 06:49:41

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

I BOUGHT A DOMAIN NAME!! I'm going to let the dyndns.org account fizzle out, so those addresses will still be good for a while..but will phase out eventually.

New address is http://neotuli.net (creative huh?)

#72 2004-11-25 07:10:36

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

heh..
and i thought cactuswax.net was a good one.  wink

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#73 2004-11-25 11:36:00

iphitus
Forum Fellow

neotuli wrote:

I BOUGHT A DOMAIN NAME!! I'm going to let the dyndns.org account fizzle out, so those addresses will still be good for a while..but will phase out eventually.

Does your repository entry remain the same?

#74 2004-11-25 15:08:44

punkrockguy318
Website

neotuli wrote:

dont forget to update the wiki when it's changed

#75 2004-11-25 18:07:28

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Ok pkgbuilds are now at http://cvs.neotuli.net/viewcvs.cgi/pkgbuilds *changes sig*

Also, although the repo itself is still accessible at the blkwidow.lerp.com address. I have created a cname dns entry for pkg.neotuli.net that points to blkwidow.lerp.com . You will be able to use either one..it really doesnt matter.

Board footer