You are not logged in.

#76 2004-11-26 08:19:49

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Re: Neotuli Repo

OK, I finally set up that pserver access as well. So for anyone interested, you can pull my pkgbuilds like so:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.neotuli.net:/home/cvsroot
cvs login
[there is no password, just hit enter]
cvs -z3 co pkgbuilds

The suggestion box only accepts patches.

#77 2004-12-02 05:43:14

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

newpkg: timidity-patches

These are sound files for timidity, since the arch timidity package doesn't include them by default. Install these and timidity++, and you're set to go as far as midis go.

#78 2004-12-02 11:44:26

punkrockguy318
Website

neotuli wrote:

newpkg: timidity-patches

These are sound files for timidity, since the arch timidity package doesn't include them by default. Install these and timidity++, and you're set to go as far as midis go.

I also have this pkg in staging/my TUR.  it's called eawpatches.  How big are your patches?  Mine are rather large. Are you using the eawpatches?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#79 2004-12-02 12:00:06

iphitus
Forum Fellow

did you give up on dashboard and beagle? tongue

#80 2004-12-02 22:41:14

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

@ punkrockguy...hmm I didn't notice them in your tur, more than likely because the name doesn't suggest anything to do with timidity. Sorry about that. My patches are just ripped off from the debian ones.  I mean, hell, the PKGBUILD pulls sources from here: http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/ … 1-5.tar.gz .  Looks like your set is a bit more complete... I think I'd rather use yours. I'm going to take mine down, I don't like having duplicate pakages floating around. Though, I'm going to keep the PKGBUILD available in case anyone gets interested. As to size, mine is about 10mb tarred-up. Also I think yours a a bit higher quality.
One thing though. I notice that yours puts timidity.cfg in /usr/lib/timidity, however timidity (i've just got the default arch package here), searches /usr/share/timidity for that file, and isn't able to find it. I'd reccomend moving it there.

@iphitus: not quite, give me some time, I'm a busy person, and those perticular packages aren't cooperating  :? Either is mono...grrr

#81 2004-12-02 22:55:47

punkrockguy318
Website

hmm.. Maybe I'll symlink it or something.  SDL_Mixer looks in /usr/lib/timidity only.  It was /usr/local/lib/timidity, but I got the maintainer to patch it to look in /usr/lib/timidity.  Maybe i'll move it from lib to share and put a symlink in /usr/lib.

One of these days

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#82 2004-12-02 23:08:49

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

punkrockguy318 wrote:

One of these days

:twisted:  I've been using the phrase WAAAY too much lately.

#83 2004-12-03 14:09:15

iphitus
Forum Fellow

neotuli wrote:
punkrockguy318 wrote:

One of these days

:twisted:  I've been using the phrase WAAAY too much lately.

You'll stop using it one of these days

and dont worry, take as long as you want with beagle, im gratefull for you for even trying, i did and it was nasty.

#84 2004-12-09 01:19:04

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

I made major breakthroughs with beagle today. It is alive and well. Searching and indexing all works, though I haven't gotten launching applications based on the results to work yet. This package needs some major polishing before I'll put it in my repo, but I'm workin on it.

#85 2004-12-18 18:21:17

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Just so you know, I have mercilessly ripped down my CVS and replaced it with subversion. I'll post details on where to get at this soon.

PS: Subversion was so much easier to set up, why didn't I do this before?

==================================
EDIT: As of now, the CVS has been taken down altogether, and replaced with subversion. All history was preserved, thanks to a nifty little tool callded cvs2svn (http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/).

Web Viewer: http://neotuli.net/websvn/listing.php?repname=pkgbuilds
Checkout Location: http://neotuli.net/svn/pkgbuilds

To check out:

svn co http://neotuli.net/svn/pkgbuilds

This is soooo much simpler than that cvs crap. I really wonder why I didnt do this sooner.

#86 2004-12-19 07:42:18

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

upgpkg: libaal, reiser4progs, bahamut, freepops
newpkg: feedparser

Speaking of feeds: the PKGBUILDS changelogs are now syndicated: http://neotuli.net/websvn/rss.php?repna … =0&isdir=1

:twisted: This Subversion stuff is great...really

#87 2004-12-19 10:06:48

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

neotuli wrote:

This is soooo much simpler than that cvs crap. I really wonder why I didnt do this sooner.

I guess it just comes down to what tools you are used to. *shrug*
Now for a cool cvs replacement, someday I must try arch.

http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/SubVer … Comparison

Edit: neotuli, just found something you might find interesting. It is an integrated wiki, bugtracking, and web svn frontend (thing viewcvs).
http://www.edgewall.com/trac/
Looks interesting. I am not sure if you can pick and choose the modules, and just use the svn frontend, but it looks like a very nice front end..  8)

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#88 2004-12-26 17:09:29

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Santa's bringing you some awesome packages, just a little bit late.
Along the version tracking lines, I've compiled darcs ! Please experiment!
Lilypond and co. have also been added by special request.
Also, there is a brand new fvwm-crystal, and you no longer need an older fvwm-devel to run it! It looks great!

Get 'em while they're hot!

Summary:
newpkg: ghc
newpkg: darcs
newpkg: lilypond
newpkg: ec-fonts-mftraced
newpkg: mftrace
upgpkg: fvwm-crystal

:twisted:

#89 2004-12-26 17:45:44

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

hmm..read a bit on darcs..
have you ever used it neotuli? I wonder how it compares to some other SCM.
Honestly, this is the first I have heard of it. Most sites that run comparisons, or even mention SCM programs never mention darcs...
*shrug*
For example:
http://better-scm.berlios.de/

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#90 2004-12-26 17:47:52

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

No, I have not used darcs, but the fvwm-crystal developer is using it to manage his source, and I got a bit curious about th package and just went ahead and built it (and the ghc compiler that was needed *grumble grumble*) in hopes that they could be useful to someone.
I used it to check out darcs' own source code, it seems to work smile

#91 2004-12-26 17:53:46

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

I noticed that darcs is written in Haskell...yick!

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#92 2004-12-26 17:56:31

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

You're telling me... I just spent all night letting GHC (Glasgow Haskell Compiler) compile itself....

EDIT: I just looked at trac ..finally...looks interesting...but i gotta make alot of deps to get it on its feet

#93 2004-12-26 18:11:00

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

neotuli, I hereby deem you a good person.  8)

All this talk of SCM systems spurred me to take a look at subversion again..lo and behold, as of 1.1 subversion can use filesystem storage (fsfs) instead of berk-db. This means no more silly database issues with berk. Hooray!
This is the final straw I was waiting for. I think I am going to make the change to svn finally, and leave my comfortable world of cvs behind me.  wink

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#94 2004-12-26 18:12:29

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

I'm gonna "improve" abs to support svn repos... but I can't until they release svn 1.2 because I've been promissed (yes..by the devs!!) that it will have incremental export support!!  :twisted:

Oh I might add that I just built trac smile

EDIT: I've got trac running....nice stuff smile

#95 2005-02-03 09:13:57

vegai
Developer/TU
Website

cactus wrote:

hmm..read a bit on darcs..
have you ever used it neotuli? I wonder how it compares to some other SCM.

For small projects, it is clearly the best. It requires practically no administration (if you can spare to give out ssh access), and for clients, it's much easier to use than cvs, svn, and especially arch (not the distro, the scm smile -- and it has features like arch.

So, if you have a small amount of code with relatively small group (I'm talking 1-20 people), I recommend you give it a shot! Just remember to read a bit on http://abridgegame.org/darcs/ first.
Also, if your group uses Windows machines, I recommend you use Subversion instead -- I've had some bad experience recently with Windows & Darcs.

I'm keeping, amongst other things, my Arch PKGBUILD scripts under darcs on a regular www-server. I only have to record changes locally, and rsync the changes to the server (no need for darcs serverside!). As a special bonus, the tree is completely readable through http (I think subversion has something like this these days, too) wink

Check it out: http://iki.fi/vegai/darcs/

cactus wrote:

Honestly, this is the first I have heard of it. Most sites that run comparisons, or even mention SCM programs never mention darcs...
*shrug*
For example:
http://better-scm.berlios.de/

I'd say that one of the reasons is that darcs is relatively new. Being written in Haskell meant that its development has been lightning fast. (yeah, it's a steep language, but those who grok it, write amazing stuff with it in mere days)

Oh, and neotuli: Thanks for fixing the ghc / darcs packages smile How on earth did you manage to make ghc build? ... I guess I'll go check your PKGBUILD  wink

*later* Huh? You just configure&&make it :-P Last time I tried that, it failed because something in gcc-3.4's cpp had been changed. Oh well, I guess that's not a problem anymore, then smile

Oh, and you might wanna add "ghc" as makedepends for darcs.

#96 2005-02-06 22:27:30

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

thanks for the feedback, will add makedepend

Another small hurdle in building ghc was that it needed a working ghc to build, so I made a seperate package from prebuilt ghc so I could get started. Though now that the first package was made, it can be used to build a later version..and so on.

I've been busy lately, so I haven't even touched this stuff in well over a week.

#97 2005-02-07 10:42:39

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

hello,

what exactly is winetools for?  All it did for me was put a bin and winetools dir in the home dir of the user running it and resolutly refused tpo put anything in the "windows" folder i made for it sad

I got wine working ok without winetools (actually i nicked the config) but i was a bit confused about what it was supposed to do!

#98 2005-02-08 00:05:38

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Hrm, I haven't actually used it in a while, but you should be able to install all sorts of stuff like fonts and common dlls using winetools.
Though, I'm thinking much of its functionality has been added to wine itself lately.

#99 2005-02-08 08:54:42

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

mmm - i looked at it today and it is really "hard coded" to install everything to ~/.wine

it could easily be tweaked to install somewhere more useful - it also includes links to /usr/local/wine - which are obviously broken in Arch - if you wanted to you could make it a much better pkg smile

#100 2005-02-08 23:44:28

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

dibblethewrecker wrote:

mmm - i looked at it today and it is really "hard coded" to install everything to ~/.wine

it could easily be tweaked to install somewhere more useful - it also includes links to /usr/local/wine - which are obviously broken in Arch - if you wanted to you could make it a much better pkg smile

Or simply get rid of it altogether, as I said earlier, I believe it's fairly out of date and afaik it's not even supported or developed anymore.

Board footer