You are not logged in.

#26 2004-09-19 16:41:54

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Old version repo? (roll-back, testing rep...)

O pick me I would honoured to help.....  smile

Mr Green

#27 2004-09-19 16:49:03

sweiss

rasat wrote:
sweiss wrote:

What happens when a package has install scripts? Can those be also rolled back?

I don't know how pacman handles the install script. I have summarized this topic and sent a pm to apeiro.

Thanks. I guess it is always possible to make pacman cache the install script as well.

#28 2004-09-20 00:56:27

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Transaction support has been on pacman's long-term TODO list for over a year now. It will probably come in at the same time as libpacman, or close to it.

Apeiro's reply is same what he said in an earlier topic: "package downgrade option in pacman"
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=5174

Markku

#29 2004-09-20 03:58:26

sarah31
Website

paranoos wrote:

Why not just use what we already have: the Testing repo.

I believe we should promote people to use Testing as their first repo, and to "roll back" to Current if it does not work (once they filed a bug report at least). For example, if a user does -Syu and the new testing/xorg is giving them problems, they can "pacman -S current/xorg".

Actually testing should promoted to those willing to take the chance that their system might be disrupted. I am fairly sure there are enough people willing to test out packages if they are asked.

With testing being used by a fair number of people it should protect those users who only want to use current and extra. proper use of the existing framework should prevent introducing things such as "roll-back".

i feel for the devs and their workload but if they cannot manage what is there then there should be more or they should resign and be replaced. As much as they may want to keep it a casual distro it has grown beyond that point.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Board footer