haggy
Website

Re: xbmc-git AUR package: discussion in here please

...and fixed (-2)

#353 2010-01-25 07:58:09

BlackIkeEagle
Package Maintainer (PM)

though i don't get the benefit for now?! afaik xbmc's ffmpeg should be more recent than the arch one

Can't say about the svn version but it's a great benefit for the xbmc package in community
and there i'm sure the ffmpeg in arch repo is newer than the one in xbmc-9.11 tarball

I also would like to hear about the FEH.sh script, i know its working fine on standalone systems, but anyone using it running a normal desktop ( openbox, kde, gnome, xfce , ...) ?

- Arch64 / Arch32 -- Desktops & Mediacenters & Laptops & home Servers
- MyAUR
- MyArchWiki
- pgp key: 0x796CA067

#354 2010-01-25 08:31:06

haggy
Website

Yeah figured that out by myself already. ffmpeg in stable is more recent than the shipped version (at least for now). It works flawlessly on my 32bit machine with xbmc-svn and your FEH.sh script. Thanks again!

#355 2010-01-28 19:05:27

turing

xbmc is broken since 9.11-7. Does not play avi files when vdpau is enabled. I'm running x86_64 and had to downgrade to 9.11-6 for avi files to work again.

#356 2010-01-28 19:11:57

haggy
Website

Sorry, that's not true at least for the -svn package (and the thread you're posting). I just tested with two avi containers, one using mpeg4 without VDPAU and the other one with h264 and VDPAU acceleration. Maybe you better file a bug report against the community package.

#357 2010-01-30 17:05:59

MortonPI

Hi Everybody!

It's my first post, and I feel I must (at least briefly) give props to the Arch community. I'm a linux newbie, but thanks to the great begginer-targeted documentation, and the very active forums here, I have managed to get my system up and running, and have not had to post anything myself - until now.

Having trouble compiling the xbmc-svn package. It errors out with:

make[2]: *** [ximapng.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/xbmc/lib/cximage-6.0/CxImage'
make[1]: *** [CxImage/cximage.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/xbmc/lib/cximage-6.0'
make: *** [imagelib] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...
Error: Makepkg was unable to build xbmc-svn package.

Any ideas?
I don't really have my heart set on building the SVN.
The stable release wouldn't work for me because of some libjpeg 7/8 issue...

Thanks in advance,
Morton

P.S.
I saw some talk on here 'bout xbmc-vdpau, but I can't seem to find it on AUR (using yaourt) - why is that?

#358 2010-01-30 17:08:43

bangkok_manouel

#359 2010-01-30 17:16:47

haggy
Website

Morton, are you running the [testing] repository? If so you need the patch bangkok_manouel suggested. If you're running stable repositories, it should compile fine with current libpng (1.2) installed. This is a know issue and i will include the patch as soon as libpng 1.4 enters normal repositories. Second - xbmc-vdpau is a long gone package i maintained back in the days xbmc had no official vdpau acceleration support. This is now included into xbmc / xbmc-svn. And third. the libjpeg7/8 issues should be gone with recent xbmc from community.

Cheers.

#360 2010-01-30 19:28:45

MortonPI

Damn, you guys are quick!

I'd much rather stick to the community ("stable") release. Sadly, it still gives me:
/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(this is the most recent one to the best of my knowledge - 9.11-8)

Can't seem to figure out how this whole patching business works. I flipped through this article http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Patching_in_ABS - I'm having a hard time applying it to yaourt / AUR. Guess it's still a bit advanced for a casual user like myself...

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
Morton

and yeah - I am running the testing repo...

#361 2010-01-30 19:39:38

haggy
Website

well community is built against libjpeg7, you're running libjpeg8. If you don't have a good reason for testing, just stick to stable and your problems will vanish.

#362 2010-01-31 00:39:08

bangkok_manouel

MortonPI wrote:

I'd much rather stick to the community ("stable") release. Sadly, it still gives me:
/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can't seem to figure out how this whole patching business works. I flipped through this article http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Patching_in_ABS - I'm having a hard time applying it to yaourt / AUR. Guess it's still a bit advanced for a casual user like myself...

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
Morton

did you enable the community-testing repo in pacman.conf ? there's a patched xbmc in there that should work perfectly with the testing libpng/libjpeg.

otherwise, if you're using xbmc-svn, this should work:
- download and save the above patch in your package dir
- add libpng14.patch to the source array:

source=("FEH.sh" "libpng14.patch")

- add the patching process:

patch -Np1 < ../libpng14.patch

you can insert this before this line:

msg "Configuring XBMC"

so it should look like:

# fix lsb_release dependency
    sed -i -e 's:/usr/bin/lsb_release -d:cat /etc/arch-release:' xbmc/utils/SystemInfo.cpp || return 1
    msg "Configuring XBMC" 
    ./bootstrap

- regenerate the md5sum with:

makepkg -g >> PKGBUILD

- build the package

#363 2010-01-31 13:40:07

BlackIkeEagle
Package Maintainer (PM)

Nice News here:

FEH.sh and the change in the xbmc startupscript are looked into by the xbmc devs, maybe someday it will be in the xbmc sourcetree

http://xbmc.org/trac/ticket/8601

- MyAUR
- MyArchWiki

#364 2010-01-31 13:44:23

BlackIkeEagle
Package Maintainer (PM)

MortonPI wrote:

Hi Everybody!

It's my first post, and I feel I must (at least briefly) give props to the Arch community. I'm a linux newbie, but thanks to the great begginer-targeted documentation, and the very active forums here, I have managed to get my system up and running, and have not had to post anything myself - until now.

Having trouble compiling the xbmc-svn package. It errors out with:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/xbmc/lib/cximage-6.0/CxImage'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-root/aur-xbmc-svn/xbmc-svn/src/XBMC/xbmc/lib/cximage-6.0'
    Aborting...

Any ideas?
I don't really have my heart set on building the SVN.
The stable release wouldn't work for me because of some libjpeg 7/8 issue...

Thanks in advance,
Morton

P.S.
I saw some talk on here 'bout xbmc-vdpau, but I can't seem to find it on AUR (using yaourt) - why is that?

Just have a little wait, there were a lot of problems due to some suggestions i made for using external ffmpeg and also with the external libdts(dca)
Just wait till your mirror is synced and then you should have a nice build in community by sergej xbmc-9.11-11 with all the stuff you need, libpng patch libjpeg8, ...

- MyAUR
- MyArchWiki

#365 2010-01-31 15:18:09

MortonPI

Hey Folks!

Here's a quick update:
I downgraded libjpeg (to 7-1), and libpng (to 1.2.40-1). I "pacman -Rd"-ed them, then commented out the testing repo in pacman.conf and "pacman -S"-ed them again. Reinstalled the community/xbmc, and now it says:
/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

...so I say - "make up your mind baby!" smile
Seriously though, what am I missing here?

Worst comes to worst I'll wait it out 'till the next update - it's just that I'd really like to meet my 01/02 deadline for this HTPC...

Thanks again for all the attention - you really know how to make a guy feel special.
-Morton

#366 2010-01-31 15:49:31

MortonPI

Okay, okay - I feel like a complete moron now:

I just learned this new little ditty, it goes: pacman -Suu smile

xbmc 9.11-8 is working fine now. Eternal gratitude to you all - if there's anything I can do to help the cause, be sure to let me know!

#367 2010-01-31 18:34:51

PAdu92

bangkok_manouel wrote:
MortonPI wrote:

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,
Morton

did you enable the community-testing repo in pacman.conf ? there's a patched xbmc in there that should work perfectly with the testing libpng/libjpeg.

otherwise, if you're using xbmc-svn, this should work:
- download and save the above patch in your package dir
- add libpng14.patch to the source array:

source=("FEH.sh" "libpng14.patch")

- add the patching process:

you can insert this before this line:

msg "Configuring XBMC"

so it should look like:

# fix lsb_release dependency
    sed -i -e 's:/usr/bin/lsb_release -d:cat /etc/arch-release:' xbmc/utils/SystemInfo.cpp || return 1
    msg "Configuring XBMC" 
    ./bootstrap

- regenerate the md5sum with:

makepkg -g >> PKGBUILD

- build the package

Now that the new libjpeg and libpng hitted extra, even with your patch xbmc-svn won't compile.....

#368 2010-01-31 19:45:00

haggy
Website

I'm already at it...stay tuned.

#369 2010-02-01 13:47:14

clesch

I just set up my HTPC yesterday and would love to get this thing going with XBMC, but so far I've had no luck compiling it.
Any ETA on the fix? Is the libjpeg and libpng update a major showstopper or can we expect the problem to be solved within the next few days?

#370 2010-02-01 13:50:55

bangkok_manouel

clesch wrote:

I just set up my HTPC yesterday and would love to get this thing going with XBMC, but so far I've had no luck compiling it.
Any ETA on the fix? Is the libjpeg and libpng update a major showstopper or can we expect the problem to be solved within the next few days?

no showstopper at all, i'm building xbmc daily (not using svn but git, but that's the same source code anyway) without any issue. make sure you use the libpng patch and that you do not use external ffmpeg and everything should be fine.

#371 2010-02-01 13:58:53

haggy
Website

as soon as my damn mirrors are back in sync i'll update xbmc-svn and include the patches necessary. ETA tonight i hope.

#372 2010-02-02 07:35:51

clesch

I saw that the package was updated yesterday so I just gave it another try:

ximapng.cpp:467: warning: 'png_info_struct::width' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:632)
ximapng.cpp:467: warning: 'png_info_struct::channels' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:647)
ximapng.cpp:467: warning: 'png_info_struct::channels' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:647)
ximapng.cpp:467: warning: 'png_info_struct::bit_depth' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:639)
ximapng.cpp:467: warning: 'png_info_struct::bit_depth' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:639)
ximapng.cpp:468: warning: 'png_info_struct::rowbytes' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:635)
ximapng.cpp:468: warning: 'png_info_struct::rowbytes' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:635)
ximapng.cpp:486: warning: 'png_info_struct::channels' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:647)
ximapng.cpp:486: warning: 'png_info_struct::channels' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:647)
ximapng.cpp:501: warning: 'png_info_struct::color_type' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:640)
ximapng.cpp:501: warning: 'png_info_struct::color_type' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:640)
ximapng.cpp:518: warning: 'png_info_struct::palette' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:636)
ximapng.cpp:518: warning: 'png_info_struct::palette' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:636)
ximapng.cpp:519: warning: 'png_info_struct::palette' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:636)
ximapng.cpp:519: warning: 'png_info_struct::palette' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:636)
ximapng.cpp:520: warning: 'png_info_struct::palette' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:636)
ximapng.cpp:520: warning: 'png_info_struct::palette' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libpng14/png.h:636)
    Aborting...

I guess i should patch libpng14 but http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/communi … ng14.patch doesn't seem to be available anymore:

svn: File not found: revision 10734, path '/xbmc/repos/community-testing-i686/libpng14.patch'

any pointers?

By the way, thanks a ton for your work haggy. I really appreciate it. Your work is one of the main reasons why I chose arch over any other linux distro for my htpc smile

#373 2010-02-02 08:29:59

haggy
Website

clesch: If you're using current xbmc-svn (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20156) at 27356 it should work out of the box. I included and tested the libpng patch last night and it compiled fine a second time after i did "make distclean" both in src/XBMC/ and src/XBMC/xbmc/libass. I think all you need is to clean your sources from the last run (make clean or make distclean) and try again.

#374 2010-02-06 23:23:33

tidalf

Hi there,

on my setup (dual screen) the following command :

glxinfo | grep "direct rendering"

returns :

direct rendering: Yes
direct rendering: Yes

(two times)

this makes the FEH.sh script wrongly guess that the direct rendering is unavailable.

adding "| uniq" seems to correct the behavior...

out=$(glxinfo | grep "direct rendering"|uniq)

hope its usefull for someone else...

edit : well, the script had changed... the bug is no more there in the svn ... (but still in the community one)... sorry for the useless noise smile

Last edited by tidalf (2010-02-06 23:28:04)

#375 2010-02-07 05:39:33

brando56894

Recently xbmc hasnt been working for me. I updated and now it constantly gives me this error:

[bran@ra /etc/pacman.d]$ xbmc
process 8511: arguments to dbus_connection_unref() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 2699.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
/usr/bin/xbmc: line 88:  8511 Aborted                 (core dumped) /usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin "$@"

Heres xbmc's crash log.

Board footer